Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2001 4:28:58 AM EDT
Ever had 'em?
BBQ'd a few last night. AKA Chuletas Ahumadas, Smoked Ham Chop, Smoked Pork Chop.

Tasty like bacon, eats and cooks like a pork chop, glaze it like a ham.

Tastiest damned meat I've had this summer.
Talk to your butcher. I'm serious.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 5:46:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Major:

I need your recipe for "brine marinated chicken".

P.S.: Lost your email. The "Tetris camo" deal is on the backburner... There will probably be a US source by the time I get a definite answer about it.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 5:57:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Brine marinated chicken.

Make a pot of salt water, 6 tablespoons of salt per qt.. Stir real well, so that all grains are dissolved.

Place whole chicken in pot over night. (parts work, too, but will be saltier....not too salty, though.) Remove, and pat dry with paper towels.

No need to salt the exterior, but pepper is nice.
Sesame oil and pepper is REAL nice.

Grill. I advise that you ALWAYS grill chicken at a low temp/flame, for a long time, till done.

Tasty.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 6:02:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Somebody has to make the obligatory joke:
I tried smoking pork chops once, but I couldn't get them to stay lit long enough to get a good drag on them.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 6:16:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I gotta smoked pork chop in my pants!
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 6:18:26 AM EDT
[#5]
That's nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top