Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/17/2006 7:32:45 PM EDT
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006170680,00.html

TOM Cruise has claimed he will eat the PLACENTA after fiancée Katie Holmes has their baby.

The actor, 43 — who wants her to give birth in silence according to his Scientology cult rules — said: “I’m gonna eat the placenta, too.

“I thought that would be good. Very nutritious. I’m going to eat the cord and the placenta right there.”

But when a GQ magazine interviewer said it would be a big meal, Cruise replied: “OK, maybe I won’t.”

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:35:23 PM EDT
[#1]

tom... come out of the closet!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:36:51 PM EDT
[#2]
That is the grossest fucking thing Ive read in months.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:37:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Maaaaan Dude,
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:37:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Tom who? Never heard of 'em.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:38:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:38:17 PM EDT
[#6]
cows eat the after birth.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:38:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like a "Mission Impossible" he may or may not choose to accept.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:38:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Sounds like a "Mission Impossible" he may or may not choose to accept.

Will the baby explode in 10 seconds?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:42:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:44:13 PM EDT
[#10]
This is what happens when you surround yourself with lackeys who treat you like you're an infallible, perfect god.  You start believing your own bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:45:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

TOM Cruise has claimed he will eat the PLACENTA after fiancée Katie Holmes has their baby.

The actor, 43 — who wants her to give birth in silence according to his Scientology cult rules — said: “I’m gonna eat the placenta, too.

“I thought that would be good. Very nutritious. I’m going to eat the cord and the placenta right there.”

But when a GQ magazine interviewer said it would be a big meal, Cruise replied: “OK, maybe I won’t.”

He obviously was making a joke. I think he is a perfectly normal abnormal person. What fun would it be if we were all the same? Ya'll need to lighten up on people that are "different".
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:45:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Jeez. You ain't kidding!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:45:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He obviously was making a joke. I think he is a perfectly normal abnormal person. What fun would it be if we were all the same? Ya'll need to lighten up on people that are "different".

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:46:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

+1087!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:51:45 PM EDT
[#15]
This reminds me of the sceene in Coneheads when their daughter is born and he "cuts" the umbilical cord
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:53:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Whats worse  is that people really do this.....They even have recipies....
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:54:08 PM EDT
[#17]
A little "Placenta Helper" and you have yourself a  meal!!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:56:33 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Your avatar is perfectly appropriate in this thread.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:57:46 PM EDT
[#19]

I cut the cord for both of my kids.  Never considered putting any of that stuff in my mouth.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:58:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

That is pretty common.

Women have PLACENTA PARTIES and cook it, serve it to their girlfriends.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:59:07 PM EDT
[#21]
It just goes to show that
a rich tard, is still a tard...

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:01:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Why am I laughing?  Weirdo.

give birth in silence

That's bad carma. I expect him to be passing pumkin sized kidney stones soon.  "In silence"

I thought she ditched that midget.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:02:00 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

tom... come out of the closet!

Is that John Travolta ...............................................Hey, there both in the closet ! ! ! !

JOHN.......TOM.......Ya,ll come on outa the closet.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:05:15 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

What????  Are you fucking serious?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:06:04 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.twilightheadquarters.com/placenta.html
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:06:50 PM EDT
[#26]
/muffled
"I'm not in the closet."
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:07:04 PM EDT
[#27]

Placentophagy
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rat eating its offspring's placenta after birth

Placentophagy is the term used to describe the act of mammals eating the placenta of their young after childbirth.

The placenta contains high levels of prostaglandin which stimulates involution of the uterus, in effect cleaning the uterus out. The placenta also contains small amounts of oxytocin which eases birth stress and causes the smooth muscles around the mammary cells to contract and eject milk.

There is also a school of thought that holds that placentophagy naturally occurred to hide any trace of childbirth from predators in the wild, though the amniotic fluid not similarly ingested by the mother seems to discount this theory. Most placental mammals participate in placentophagy, including, surprisingly, herbivorous ones. Pinnipedia and Cetacea are exceptions to mammalian placentophagy, as is the camel. Placentophagy has been observed in Insectivora, Rodentia, Chiroptera, Lagomorpha, Carnivora, Perissodactyla, Artiodactyla (with the camel as a noted exception), and Primates. Marsupials, which are an order of metatherian (pouched) mammals, resorb rather than deliver the placenta, and therefore cannot engage in placentophagia; they do, however, vigorously lick birth fluids as they are excreted [1].

The most general benefit of placentophagy, according to recent research, is that placenta and amniotic fluid contain a molecule (POEF, Placental Opioid-Enhancing Factor) that modifies the activity of endogenous opioids in such a way that produces an enhancement of the natural reduction in pain that occurs shortly before and during delivery [2].
[edit]

Human placentophagy

Although the placenta is revered in many cultures, very few customarily eat the placenta after the newborn's birth. Those who advocate placentophagy in humans, mostly in modern America and Europe believe that eating the placenta prevents postpartum depression and other pregnancy complications. Human placenta tastes very similar to beef, with a springy texture similar to the heart. A variety of recipes are known to exist for preparing placenta for eating.[3]

Human placenta has also been an ingredient in some traditional Chinese medicines.

so, it tastes like beef and you can get high off of it?  
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:09:41 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.twilightheadquarters.com/placenta.html

Quoting myself to add another recipe page for PeteCO

www.mothers35plus.co.uk/plac_rec.htm

The link I originally posted has DINNER PICS
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:10:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Hooo-leeeee shit.

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:16:35 PM EDT
[#30]
This thread is very disturbing.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:17:43 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Hooo-leeeee shit.

You know in some cultures they only eat vomit.  I never been there but I read about it.....  in a book.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:18:18 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hooo-leeeee shit.

You know in some cultures they only eat vomit.  I never been there but I read about it.....  in a book.

Beat me to it dammit.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:18:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Speaking from the experience of having delivered, and /or assisted in the delivery of more than one baby in my carreer...
I can tell you with absolute certainty that there is nothing remotely apetizing about anything that comes out of there.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:20:04 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Speaking from the experience of having delivered, and /or assisted in the delivery of more than one baby in my carreer...
I can tell you with absolute certainty that there is nothing remotely apetizing about anything that comes out of there.

You mean this placenta roast with onions doesnt look good to you?

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:20:07 PM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:21:08 PM EDT
[#36]
They're not bad fried.  Just need batter.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:21:45 PM EDT
[#37]
So, ah what's it gonna be....9 or .45?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:21:55 PM EDT
[#38]

EDIT: Looks like a beef burrito
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:22:39 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Is the Sun one of those bullshit tabloid types? Not that would really matter because Tom Cruise is 100% wacko. I used to enjoy SOME of his films. Now his off screen bullshit has pushed me over the edge.
Now that I think about it The Last Samurai was the last one of his that I can recall even enjoying.

I predict he will self destruct in the next two years.

Edit: Spelling

Agreed.  I totally wouldn't put it past him, though.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:23:12 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.twilightheadquarters.com/PLAC072.jpg

WTF?!?  NO STAPLER?!!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:29:44 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF?!?  NO STAPLER?!!

No napkin either
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:30:40 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
They're not bad fried.  Just need batter.

Yeah, a little BABY BATTER and youre good to go!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:56:15 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I think the state should commit him to an insane asylum. This guy is really wacked... How does one end up in such a place?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:00:11 PM EDT
[#44]
So who's the father of his kid?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:06:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Would eating the placenta make you a cannibal?

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:08:10 PM EDT
[#46]
What else would you expect...

FROM A SITH LORD?

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:10:30 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
This is what happens when you surround yourself with lackeys who treat you like you're an infallible, perfect god.  You start believing your own bullshit.

+1 he and I don't see eye to eye. Of course he's shorter than I am. Met him a few times and he's a jealous prick.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:15:23 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:23:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Someone should drop the hint to him that trepanation is all the rage with Scientologists these days.

Maybe a hole in his head would clear out some of the scat vapors that seem to be clogging it.

I'll even send him a Black and Decker DIY kit.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:26:01 PM EDT
[#50]

Looks like something they sell at the Flying J
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top