Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2006 4:04:25 PM EDT
He hit the overpass of dead.  

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:05:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Does the driver have to pay for that?  (If it won't buff out.)
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:06:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Does the driver have to pay for that?  (If it won't buff out.)

Perhaps his widow will?

No, I think if you die in the wreck, they let it slide... BUT JUST ONCE!!!
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:07:10 PM EDT
[#3]
So is that blood in the pic?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:09:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Ouch.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:09:53 PM EDT
[#5]
What's the story on that?  How low was the overpass?

Actually, it looks like the overpass fell on him.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:12:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Sideswiped a column?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:13:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Fatal crash halts I-240 traffic
Photo Adam Remsen/Special to The Commercial Appeal

A truck driver was killed Saturday when his tractor-trailer slammed into a concrete wall at I-240 and Madison.
Story Tools
E-mail this story | Print

Your Hub
By Sherri Drake
Contact
April 16, 2006
Traffic was stopped for hours Saturday on Interstate 240 in Midtown Memphis after a fatal crash under the Madison overpass involving a tractor-trailer and a Memphis police cruiser.

Traffic Lt. Phillip Rosser said the 18-wheeler, which was traveling north on I-240 just before 3 p.m., veered left and slammed into a concrete wall.

Advertisement
The driver was killed. Police had not released his identity late Saturday.

A police car traveling behind the 18-wheeler and two cars heading south on I-240 were hit with debris from the crash, Rosser said.

No one in those cars was injured.

Saturday afternoon, investigators blocked off the area around the 18-wheeler with cones, closing north- and southbound lanes.

About 6 p.m., police opened some lanes on both sides for traffic to pass through.

The tractor-trailer had significant front-end damage, one wall of the trailer collapsed and the other bent inward.

Curious passersby stopped to watch officials work and clean up the debris on the roadway.

Rosser said investigators weren't sure what caused the wreck and were waiting for the medical examiner's report.

-- Sherri Drake: 529-2510

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:27:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Is that blood in the second picture?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:36:06 PM EDT
[#9]
J.B. Hunt.  Aren't they one of the Ultramegahyper Corps. of the trucking industry?   Lot's of rookies driving.  

TC

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:38:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
J.B. Hunt.  Aren't they one of the Ultramegahyper Corps. of the trucking industry?   Lot's of rookies driving.  

TC

Yup.

Except if this guy was a rookie, I guess this doesn't help my position on the senority list!  
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 5:01:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

TC

Circuit City contracts them to deliever to stores from the dist. centers.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 5:08:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Unfortunately everyone makes mistakes on the road. And when you drive about 100-150K miles a year you have plenty of chances to screw up. Accidents happen and they are sometimes fatal. Sorry for the driver and his family, but that’s just the way it is.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 5:24:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Ouch!
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 5:36:59 PM EDT
[#14]
As another OTR Trucker that does suck.

It is a hard job, Long hours and many miles are driven,  alot of them are stressed to,  For all we know it was another 4 wheeler that caused the wreck and just kept on going, It does happen. and remember it did happen in memfrica.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top