Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/11/2006 8:04:21 AM EDT
Sorry if this is a dupe, but it looks new to the smoking gun today, and I haven't seen any other posts.

It looks as if Mr. Professional is suing the fed.gov because the video has made him a laughingstock and quote:

"has been the "target of jokes, derision, ridicule, and disparaging comments" directed at him in restaurants, grocery stores, and airports."

Ahh, good times.  Here is the link:

linky to lawsuit docs
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:10:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:13:04 AM EDT
[#2]
He should actually sue himself for making him a laughing stock. The .gov didn't make him forgot all the gun safety instruction he received. What a dipshit. I, for one, would never want to knock a door down with him, he'd prolly shoot me in the butt.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:13:24 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

This guy's an asshat, and deserves the ridicule he's getting.

+1
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:16:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Just finished reading the entire document.  One thing that bothers me a bit is that the lawsuit describes how the video, which was shot by a third party, was confiscated by the DEA and eventually returned to the owner WITHOUT the AD footage and sound.  

This pins down how the "defendant" knows it was the DEA that leaked video, but it makes you wonder why (and what right) they had in altering the video.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:17:14 AM EDT
[#5]
The GOV should be prosecuting this jackass for child endangerment.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:21:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Just finished reading the entire document.  One thing that bothers me a bit is that the lawsuit describes how the video, which was shot by a third party, was confiscated by the DEA and eventually returned to the owner WITHOUT the AD footage and sound.  

This pins down how the "defendant" knows it was the DEA that leaked video, but it makes you wonder why (and what right) they had in altering the video.

One of his ATF agent buddies is a sleeper on ARFCOM, and wanted to take credit for posting it first.  He asked that the DEA confiscate the video, so he could burn a copy, and then send it back to the original owner edited, so it couldnt be posted.   If the third party got the full video and released it, any thread on ARFCOM would be a DUPE.

My tinfoil on tight enough?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:26:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

One of his ATF agent buddies is a sleeper on ARFCOM, and wanted to take credit for posting it first.  He asked that the DEA confiscate the video, so he could burn a copy, and then send it back to the original owner edited, so it couldnt be posted.   If the third party got the full video and released it, any thread on ARFCOM would be a DUPE.

I've heard crazier conspiracy theorys!

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:28:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Dumbass
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:31:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:31:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:33:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Gee, maybe he should have been a little more careful in the first place?  Nah, it's much easier to be a dumbass and sue someone instead.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:48:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
There is no dumbass action that can't be turned into money these days.  The Republic is doomed.  

O.k., I don't have time to do any real research, but I took a quick look at the complaint.  This is one of the most horribly written complaints I have ever seen, and I don't think its going to last long in court.  The suit is apparently being brought under 5 USC s 552a, which is the Freedom of Information Act, which allows a citizen to bring suit to force the government to turn over information.  I don't believe, and didn't see anything in the statute which would allow a government employee to sue to prevent disclosure.  Moreover, the remedy for the FOIA is to get the documents, not mental anguish and all the crap he pled, which requires a claim for infliction of emotional distress or some other tort.  I think Mr. profeshunal found the biggest hack lawyer he could to write this crap.  I suspect there will be a dismissal in month or so.

Edited to Add:  Checked the signature block.  He doesn't even have a lawyer.  He's going to last about 5 minutes in court.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:48:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Since when is an "Undercover Operative" giving PUBLIC presentations on drugs and firearm safety?  While allowing himself to be videotaped?

Doesn't that blow his cover bigtime?

Another contingency fee lawsuit I'd guess.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:50:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:53:02 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Since when is an "Undercover Operative" giving PUBLIC presentations on drugs and firearm safety?  While allowing himself to be videotaped?

The same way Valerie Plame's neighbors, or most of them, knew shoe worked for CIA, yet she's still breathlessly referred to as a covert operative.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:56:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0411061foot1.html

What a jerk. He should be grateful he isn't in jail for endangering the lives of those children and adult in the audience.

I bet its not too late to file charges.

(take from other dupe thread)
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:02:31 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

He was disciplined for that, but not for shooting himself, initially was the story.................... And when the vidoe came out there was supposedly an investigation into the ND.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:06:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:11:10 AM EDT
[#19]
I don't know why you're all giving him such a hard time; his lawsuit obviously says that the firearm discharged accidentally, which could happen to any of us
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:17:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Wheres the "LOL chopter" when you need it?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:19:36 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Wheres the "LOL chopper" when you need it?

one more

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:29:57 AM EDT
[#22]
If the Dept. investigation shows that the weapon was not defective, and the person handling it was responsible for it's firing, he's got no case.   I'd bet that is what the ND report reads also.

So, his gun works properly, he shoots himself in front of a bunch of kids by not adhering to proper handling procedures.  He knows he's being taped by a civilian and does not object prior to the shooting.  

The video is in the public domain if the camera owner allows it.  It's the camera owner's property, not DEA's even if they did confiscate it.  He's got no case against the camera owner, and none against the DEA.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:37:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:42:16 AM EDT
[#24]
What a fuckin' dumbass!

ETA - It's  Inspector Clouseau in dreadlocks.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:43:58 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.forumspile.com/LOL-ROFL_Copter.gif

one more

www.forumspile.com/LOL-Lollerskates.gif

--VT
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:52:42 AM EDT
[#26]
bumping the orignal thread to the top, above the dupe.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:01:15 AM EDT
[#27]
"when his firearm (a Glock .40) accidentally discharged."

Bull Shit!  He pulled the trigger.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:02:29 AM EDT
[#28]
I remember that video (the copy I found elsewhere on the internet wasn't edited or anything).  How the hell did this guy manage to fire his weapon anyways ?  He must've pulled the trigger somehow.  

Either way, it's ridiculous that he thinks he can actually sue anyone over the matter, when his actions in the first place should have him in jail, for having a negligent discharge (safety risk) and for violating DEA rules by allowing himself to be videotaped and identifying himself as an agent without being authorized to do so.  

He's actually lucky he isn't dead after revealing himself to be a DEA agent.  Now that his address is out there, I wonder if anybody on the wrong side of the law (perhaps someone he helped bust on drug charges ?) is going to find him.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:04:18 AM EDT
[#29]
he deserves the humiliation of being laughed out of court.  they're going to show the video to the jury, the jury will laugh, and the will be it.

you have a right to be stupid, but other people have the right to call you on it
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:08:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Glock 22: $500
Trip to the ER after your ND: $250
New pair of Nike's: $75
Trying to sue your employer, after the
world sees that you're a dumbass on tape: PRICELESS!
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:11:52 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

+1 I don't know of ANY way a Glock in proper working order (none of the internal safeties/other parts screwed with/up) with good ammo (no reloads with high/soft primers) could possibly go off without the trigger being pulled.  

For that matter, the same applies to "dangerous" () designs such as the 1911 or BHP.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:14:54 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
It looks as if Mr. Professional is suing the fed.gov because the video has made him a laughingstock and quote:

Caution...Loaded pistol may be loaded....
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:24:18 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 I don't know of ANY way a Glock in proper working order (none of the internal safeties/other parts screwed with/up) with good ammo (no reloads with high/soft primers) could possibly go off without the trigger being pulled.  

For that matter, the same applies to "dangerous" () designs such as the 1911 or BHP.  

My theory is that he was about to field strip the gun.

And on a Glock, as I'm sure you know, that's done by pulling the trigger.

The Dumbass still should have had ANY ammunition in the classroom though.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:35:24 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
home.triad.rr.com/txgp17/images/TAG.JPG

thats an awful big tag.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:37:19 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Nope, the article states that the lawsuit is filed pro se which, as everyone knows, is latin for "nut job."
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:37:44 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My theory is that he was about to field strip the gun.

And on a Glock, as I'm sure you know, that's done by pulling the trigger.

The Dumbass still should have had ANY ammunition in the classroom though.

It looked to me like he was trying to holster the pistol when it went off.  I don't know about anybody else, but I always rack the slide when I'm about to disassemble any pistol.  Makes sense for a number of reasons, I think another good reason (besides the obvious) for locking the slide open on a pistol prior to field-stripping is so you can inspect the extractor and breech face (might save some time if you're having malfunctions).  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:44:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Who would have thought this was coming? (scratches head)

You know that the guy is doing the lawsuit thing just so he can say it’s punitive when they fire him.

This guy needs to assigned to a desk job in the north pole office.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:00:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Does anybody have a good downloadable copy of the incident.

It's one of the true classics of our time, and I need a copy to archive for my kids.  

It has it all.  Arrogance, Elitism, Incompetence.  
It is a serious cautionary tale, and hilarious at the same time.

"I am the only one in this room (that I know of) professional enough to have a glock fowty"  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:02:21 PM EDT
[#39]

...He also notes that he is no longer "permitted or able to give educational motivational speeches and presentations." . . .

-Well honestly, from what I saw of it, he wasn't really that great at presentations anyway. No loss there.
~
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:04:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Dumbass could've made a comedy career outta this...
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:08:36 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
It's one of the true classics of our time, and I need a copy to archive for my kids.  

"I am the only one in this room (that I know of) professional enough to have a glock fowty"  

+1
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:16:03 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:19:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Yes.  The firearm forced him to violate EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THE FOUR PRIMARY RULES of Safe Firearms Handling.

In a room crowded with children and parents.
While being videotaped.

He hasn't suffered enough yet.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:25:29 PM EDT
[#44]
It's obviously Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:38:54 PM EDT
[#45]
brought to the top (above the super-dupers)
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:45:21 PM EDT
[#46]
I really laughed when I saw it on VH-1 a couple weeks ago.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:50:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Becoming a laughingstock is God's way of telling you that YOU ARE A DUMBASS.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:57:03 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.forumspile.com/LOL-ROFL_Copter.gif

one more

www.forumspile.com/LOL-Lollerskates.gif

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:44:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:49:56 PM EDT
[#50]
I thought he had a high threshold for pain.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top