Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2006 6:16:46 AM EDT
Anytime a Ferrari is totaled, it's such a waste.........

Link

Arrest In Case Of $1M Car Crash

MALIBU, Calif. , April 10, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A sheriff's deputy examines the wreck of the $1 million Ferrari. (AP Photo/Hanz Laetz)

(CBS/AP) A Swedish video game executive involved in the crash a $1 million Ferrari in Malibu has been arrested on suspicion of grand theft.

Stefan Eriksson, 44, was arrested at his Bel-Air home after detectives searched it for six hours on Friday, said Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore.

Detectives concluded the wrecked Enzo Ferrari, along with a Mercedes and another Enzo Ferrari in Eriksson's $3.5 million collection, were owned by British financial institutions, said Whitmore.

Eriksson apparently brought the cars to Los Angeles when he moved here from Britain last year. But financial institutions that held titles to the vehicles said payments had lapsed, Whitmore said.

"This is the beginning of the investigation," said Whitmore. "All three cars have now been confiscated."

Eriksson was being held without bail, and immigration authorities had placed a hold on him.

Eriksson was in the Ferrari that police say was traveling about 162 mph when it hit a pole along Pacific Coast Highway and all but disintegrated. He escaped the February crash with only a cut lip.

The crash spun into a complicated web of mystery when Eriksson told authorities he was a passenger in the car and that the driver, a German acquaintance he knew only as Dietrich, ran into the nearby hills after crashing the Ferrari during a race with a Mercedes.

Sheriff's deputies launched a search but failed to find Dietrich.

Eriksson was an executive with Gizmondo, a European video game company that crashed with some $200 million in debts.

©MMVI, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:20:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Must be nice to have a spare Enzo lying around..but I hope Ferrari takes him off their buyer list
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:40:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Must be nice to have a spare Enzo lying around..but I hope Ferrari takes him off their buyer list

Based on his financial status I don't think he will be able to afford one anytime soon.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 1:07:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Son of a bitch.

Ferrari has several stipulations to allow someone to buy an Enzo, one of them being that it won't be sold right away. Apparently the "British financial institution" didn't live up to this but I wonder why they even owned them, unless they are a finance company. Strange though that Ferrari would sell this car to someone who had to finance it. From what I know the potential buyer of an Enzo has to own at least two other Ferrari cars and be known personally by a Ferrari dealer or the factory.

They built 399, so this jackass makes the remaining 398 go up a little in value.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 1:09:40 PM EDT
[#4]
A_G:
I bet he used them as collateral for a loan or something, thus the bank holds the title.

Quoted:

They probably wont even let him in the showroom if they know he's behind on the payments for the others.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:12:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Another one??????

Oh, it's from last month...
I read he has a Bugatti on order now.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:26:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Somebody totaled and Enzo???!!!

Why haven't my ARFCOM brothers told me about this?!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:31:04 PM EDT
[#7]
His SLR got repoed.  I wonder if it shows up cheeeeeep somewhere?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:36:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

It was posted here weeks ago. The guy just got arrested today but the story is old news. Where've you been?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:37:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was posted here weeks ago. The guy just got arrested today but the story is old news. Where've you been?

Boneing up on my sarcasm.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:38:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:46:57 PM EDT
[#11]
A little rubbing compound and elbow grease and she'll be good to go.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:52:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Ill take the engine block if its still good.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:04:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Ill take the engine block if its still good.

It was lying in the middle of the street..
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:09:24 PM EDT
[#14]
How long before spell check?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:02:45 PM EDT
[#15]
And you guys wonder why we live in CA.  When was the last time you saw a Ferrari Enzo self-destruct just down the way some?

Although "old" news it keeps getting squirrelier and squirrelier.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:19:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:44:46 PM EDT
[#17]
In Before DKProf Rips The Swede
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:52:28 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Welcome to February.

www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-ferrari23feb23,0,1692414.story?coll=la-home-headlines

Welcome to a new chapter (today) of that story.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:36:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Any fool can press or twist a throttle.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:53:02 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

(CBS/AP) A Swedish video game executive involved in the crash a $1 million Ferrari in Malibu has been arrested on suspicion of grand theft.

"video game executive" my ass, he is a crook. I wonder how we got a visa to the US when he has been inprisioned 10 years for attempting to scam a bank for ~3M $.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:45:58 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Any fool can press or twist a throttle.

Mike

But ony a (formerly) rich fool can wreck an Enzo.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:55:03 AM EDT
[#22]
SJ - if you can stomach the Euro-pretentiousness Ferrari chat has quite a few pages dedicated to this one.  The last Enzo wreck at high speeds killed both passengers.  

That anybody could survive a 162mph crash after hitting a pole seems to defy the laws of physics no matter what kind of car you were in.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:21:53 AM EDT
[#23]
There is a major twist to this story but I have to leave for work. This guy was carrying a business card stating he was a police commissioner of the San Gabriel Valley Transit Authority Police Department, thing is there is no functioning/operating San Gabriel Valley Transit Authority Police department. There is a SGV Transit Authority based out of an automotive repair shop which was listed also as the departments headquaters. Turns out this guy with the wrecked vehicle installed some type of devices on the transit buses at no cost and was given the title of police commissioner in return.  

I did tons of reading about this. This guy behind the transit authority and it's so called police department truly understood the system and worked it bigtime. From what I have read from the CA public utilities commission it is perfectly legal however I did notice some grey areas in which he had to overcome to start up the p.d.    I was really impressed.  After researching all this I understand now how private railroad companies, transit authorities and universities are able to form their own police departments.

Basically anyone can be a police officer however in order to enforce the law and make arrests one must certified by the state otherwise it's only a title with no more powers than being a security officer.  When I have more time I'll post a thread on "How to start your own police department."

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:35:45 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted: Basically anyone can be a police officer however in order to enforce the law and make arrests one must certified by the state otherwise it's only a title with no more powers than being a security officer.  When I have more time I'll post a thread on "How to start your own police department."
Arfcom P.D.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:55:57 AM EDT
[#25]

Arfcom P.D.

and with enough contributions you too can be a commissioner with business cards and all
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top