Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2006 3:19:46 PM EDT

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:23:40 PM EDT
[#1]
They have been in America long enough to eat up all the fatning food. How did they ever march more than a block?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:24:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, you are    criminals.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:25:06 PM EDT
[#3]
at least they are waiving american flag this time...
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:28:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

our attorney flocktard thinks they are "lawful citizens", I wonder if he slept with the boss to get his job
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:09:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Do you have a link? I'm curious to read what was reported.

Makes me sick.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:14:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

They're learning from their mistakes- but I seriously doubt they suddenly have a newfound allegiance to the USA.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:16:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

That was planned that way.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:16:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

a few are upside down.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:17:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Ya just never have a nuclear bomb when ya need one!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:41:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

a few are upside down.

There is a video on the CNN homepage that shows an upside down American flag. CNN missed editing that part out

rj

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:43:29 PM EDT
[#11]
American Flag - Nothing like closing the barn doors before the animals get out!  It's too late you morons!

www.flightlevel350.com/video_streaming.php?id=4066
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:44:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Seems to me, INS or whatever they're called these days, missed a prime opportunity to arrest a bunch of illegals.....
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:44:28 AM EDT
[#13]
I bet the gun show coming up in three weeks will see a huge spike in mags and ammo sales.

I cant believe the bullshit going on in this nation. When are people going to wake up
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:48:44 AM EDT
[#14]
You know, marches like this a few years ago were unthinkable.  Most wouldn't show their face in public and admit to their status.

Once they figured out that ICE / INS / La Migra   (have their hands tied | are incompetent | are understaffed | whatever)  they know there will be no consequences and in turn, you see this exponential increase in how many are willing to show up in public and announce that they are here against the law.

If INS were allowed to do anything about it -- and if local police were allowed to arrest for immigration violations -- there is NO WAY these marches could be taking place.

Thanks, Jorge Bush.
Oh BTW here is one of Bush's campaign videos for hispanics:
http://images1.americanprogress.org/il80web20037/ThinkProgress/2006/gwb_RNCHispanic.320.240.mov
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:55:57 AM EDT
[#15]
As long as you enable people this shit will never go away.
Keep in mind if the assholes who hire illegals would stop hiring them
and the spineless slime in DC would enforce law this will be no more.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:57:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Where's a speeding bus with brake failure when you need one!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:08:07 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

+1

What part of "illegal" don't you understand!?!?

But our "representatives" will kiss their azzes and welcome them in as "forgiven"!

Remember this when your kids and grandkids have NO FUTURE!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:18:08 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
They have been in America long enough to eat up all the fatning food. How did they ever march more than a block?

Yep

They don't look like they have missed many meals>
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:19:53 AM EDT
[#19]
I thought they were all here working their asses off; where do they find the time for all these fucking protests?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:24:25 AM EDT
[#20]
The Dallas area president of LULAC was on WBAP last week and his message was........wear a white shirt to promote peace and leave the Mexican flags at home. Looks like the message got out.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:05:36 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I thought they were all here working their asses off; where do they find the time for all these fucking protests?

Oh, don't worry, the welfare checks are still coming in.

Btw, the reason you don't see any regular middle class people counterprotesting is because we are all too busy working to support these assholes.

ETA: A seperate article said some of them were legal residents.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:09:26 AM EDT
[#22]
There sure looks to be a lot of school-aged kids there.  I thought they were told to keep the kids in school, for free, while the parents marched?

When's our march planned?

M.L.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:10:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Here is the story from the local rag:
www.sltrib.com/ci_3692686

Latinos march en masse to urge fairness, respect
Historic: In a Utah protest of record size, Latinos, others urge respect for the undocumented
By Jennifer W. Sanchez and Julia Lyon
The Salt Lake Tribune

Thousands of people marched up State Street to the Utah Capitol Building Sunday during a rally in opposition to immigration reforms proposed in Congress. Police estimated the crowd size at 20,000, while organizers put the number closer to 50,000. (Chris Detrick/Salt Lake Tribune)
Years from now, Utah students might read about Sunday's events in history books.
   Families carried U.S. flags. Parents pushed their children in strollers and grocery carts. People let strangers use their home bathrooms. All this as tens of thousands of Latinos flooded downtown Salt Lake City in the largest demonstration in the state's history.
   Most Latinos said they marched to send a message: We are here and need to be recognized and valued.
   As Congress struggles with legislation to deal with illegal immigration, Latino immigrants said they want reform that benefits their neighbors and co-workers who don't have proper U.S. documentation - an estimated 90,000 in Utah. Non-Latinos said they want to support equality for the Latinos, who make up 11 percent of the state's population.
   The Salt Lake City Police Department estimated 20,000 people attended the day-long event at the Salt Lake City-County Building. "Dignity March" leaders, who organized the rally in favor of "humane and comprehensive immigration reform," put the number at 40,000.
   Tony Yapias, who started organizing the march with his group Proyecto Latino de Utah two weeks ago, said he couldn't believe the size of the crowd. He and volunteers had passed out fliers at Latino dance clubs, markets and schools from St. George in southern Utah to Wyoming.
   After seeing the sea of Latinos for as far as he could see, Yapias said he felt proud to be a Latino.
   "We knew there was an interest, but we had no idea how many people would show up," Yapias said. "We've never seen anything like this."
   As of Friday, police had said they weren't planning on closing off any street lanes for the march. Organizers had requested a "free expression activity permit" for 3,000 people to rally at the building.
   But, on Sunday, police had to shut down State Street for more than a mile, from 600 South to the Capitol, as people walked shoulder to shoulder across two sidewalks and seven traffic lanes under a clear sky.
   As Latinos gathered on one side of the building, Utah Minuteman Project members assembled on the other. More than 200 illegal immigration protesters, calling themselves the "Pro-America Rally," also marched to the Capitol carrying U.S. flags.
   Many Dignity March supporters said it's crucial the U.S. government recognize the 11 million undocumented U.S. residents because they are part of the country and deserve to be respected with some sort of resident card.
   Judith Sanchez Gonzalez, a Mexican native, has spent much of her 23 years in the United States cleaning bathrooms, wiping floors and dusting offices. She attended the rally to support rights for undocumented workers.
   "If we don't have identification cards, we aren't anyone. It's like we aren't here," she said in Spanish. "They want to be recognized, to be seen."
   Ana Salinas, a 33-year-old secretary, said she and her husband paid human smugglers $12,000 five years ago to get them from Mexico to Utah. She hopes the U.S. government comes up with a guest-worker permit program. Fighting back tears, Salinas said the hardest part of being an undocumented Salt Lake City resident is that she can't visit Mexico. It's been five years since she's hugged her mother.
   "We just come here to work. We're not bad people," said Salinas, who marched with her two young daughters.
   Before the three-mile march started at 1:40 p.m., community leaders were invited to speak to the crowd.
   Salt Lake County Mayor Peter Corroon gave a short speech in English and Spanish. Immigrants only come to the United States to escape persecution and seek a better life, he said.
   "The American dream should not be for a select few," Corroon told the crowd. "It should be for all of us."
   As the crowd inched toward the Capitol, Latino workers from the Marriott Hotel stood outside waving white napkins in support of the marchers. Vendors, as if at a parade, sold tres leches cake and chicharrones on the march route. Everyone seemed to understand that an event of this magnitude was historic. That's why the Pereira family was documenting the march by snapping photos.
   "I didn't think in Utah there were this many Hispanic people," said Luis Pereira, 47, an Orem resident and El Salvador native. "We need to be united to show the world we need help."
   During the march, eight participants stood in line to use the bathroom at Eric Allred's house near the Capitol. Though his street was blocked and people covered his front lawn, Allred said the event was "awesome."
   "You don't see too many people together like this in Utah," he said.
   [email protected]

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:13:46 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
There sure looks to be a lot of school-aged kids there.  I thought they were told to keep the kids in school, for free, while the parents marched?

M.L.

I believe this march was on Sunday. There was an opposition group marching behind them according to a newspaper article. Of course, there are no pictures of that portion of the march.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:25:53 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Here is the story from the local rag:
www.sltrib.com/ci_3692686

Latinos march en masse to urge fairness, respect
Historic: In a Utah protest of record size, Latinos, others urge respect for the undocumented
By Jennifer W. Sanchez and Julia Lyon
The Salt Lake Tribune

Thousands of people marched up State Street to the Utah Capitol Building Sunday during a rally in opposition to immigration reforms proposed in Congress. Police estimated the crowd size at 20,000, while organizers put the number closer to 50,000. (Chris Detrick/Salt Lake Tribune)
Years from now, Utah students might read about Sunday's events in history books.
   Families carried U.S. flags. Parents pushed their children in strollers and grocery carts. People let strangers use their home bathrooms. All this as tens of thousands of Latinos flooded downtown Salt Lake City in the largest demonstration in the state's history.
   Most Latinos said they marched to send a message: We are here and need to be recognized and valued.
   As Congress struggles with legislation to deal with illegal immigration, Latino immigrants said they want reform that benefits their neighbors and co-workers who don't have proper U.S. documentation - an estimated 90,000 in Utah. Non-Latinos said they want to support equality for the Latinos, who make up 11 percent of the state's population.
   The Salt Lake City Police Department estimated 20,000 people attended the day-long event at the Salt Lake City-County Building. "Dignity March" leaders, who organized the rally in favor of "humane and comprehensive immigration reform," put the number at 40,000.
   Tony Yapias, who started organizing the march with his group Proyecto Latino de Utah two weeks ago, said he couldn't believe the size of the crowd. He and volunteers had passed out fliers at Latino dance clubs, markets and schools from St. George in southern Utah to Wyoming.
  After seeing the sea of Latinos for as far as he could see, Yapias said he felt proud to be a Latino.  ......and NOT an American.
   "We knew there was an interest, but we had no idea how many people would show up," Yapias said. "We've never seen anything like this."
   As of Friday, police had said they weren't planning on closing off any street lanes for the march. Organizers had requested a "free expression activity permit" for 3,000 people to rally at the building.
   But, on Sunday, police had to shut down State Street for more than a mile, from 600 South to the Capitol, as people walked shoulder to shoulder across two sidewalks and seven traffic lanes under a clear sky.
   As Latinos gathered on one side of the building, Utah Minuteman Project members assembled on the other. More than 200 illegal immigration protesters, calling themselves the "Pro-America Rally," also marched to the Capitol carrying U.S. flags.
   Many Dignity March supporters said it's crucial the U.S. government recognize the 11 million undocumented U.S. residents because they are part of the country and deserve to be respected with some sort of resident card.
   Judith Sanchez Gonzalez, a Mexican native, has spent much of her 23 years in the United States cleaning bathrooms, wiping floors and dusting offices. She attended the rally to support rights for undocumented workers.
   "If we don't have identification cards, we aren't anyone. It's like we aren't here," she said in Spanish. "They want to be recognized, to be seen."
   Ana Salinas, a 33-year-old secretary, said she and her husband paid human smugglers $12,000 five years ago to get them from Mexico to Utah. She hopes the U.S. government comes up with a guest-worker permit program. Fighting back tears, Salinas said the hardest part of being an undocumented Salt Lake City resident is that she can't visit Mexico. It's been five years since she's hugged her mother.  You can visit Mexico anytime, how about right now? Get the hell out of my backyard.
   "We just come here to work AND LEACH OFF THE GOVERNMENT. We're not bad people," said Salinas, who marched with her two young daughters.
   Before the three-mile march started at 1:40 p.m., community leaders were invited to speak to the crowd.
   Salt Lake County Mayor Peter Corroon gave a short speech in English and Spanish. Immigrants only come to the United States to escape persecution and seek a better life, he said.
   "The American dream should not be for a select few," Corroon told the crowd. "It should be for all of us."  I don't think anyone has said the American dream is only for a select few. It is for those who are here legally and who are not leaching off the system.  So STFU with your libtarded english/spanish speech.
   As the crowd inched toward the Capitol, Latino workers from the Marriott Hotel stood outside waving white napkins in support of the marchers. Vendors, as if at a parade, sold tres leches cake and chicharrones on the march route. Everyone seemed to understand that an event of this magnitude was historic. That's why the Pereira family was documenting the march by snapping photos.
   "I didn't think in Utah there were this many Hispanic people," said Luis Pereira, 47, an Orem resident and El Salvador native. "We need to be united to show the world we need help."
   During the march, eight participants stood in line to use the bathroom at Eric Allred's house near the Capitol. Though his street was blocked and people covered his front lawn, Allred said the event was "awesome."
   "You don't see too many people together like this in Utah," he said.
   [email protected]

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:45:29 AM EDT
[#26]
One things for sure, if they become legal citizens are obesity statistics are going to climb.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:51:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Every time the illegal aliens march, I get more upset and more firmly entrenched against them.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:52:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:53:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Where the hell is INS???

They could help solve this issue (with ads for a few more "protests")

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:00:38 AM EDT
[#30]
This pisses me off so bad. More than anything else going on in the world now. The cement plant here in town was bought by a guy that's mexican. He fired all the workers. Some who had been there for 20 years. Then hired mexican workers. 200 people were put out of work so he could get some cheap labor. Unbelievable.

This whole ordeal is going to escalate into all out guerilla warfare, or even actual war with Mexico and the US. And it will happen soon. I feel bad for the poor suckers on the border. We should get some funding to put a fucking 30 ft high concrete wall with razor wire on top along the entire border. I would go down to help build it. Even put towers every 1000 yards. Let em' get in then.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:03:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Utah is having some nice weather.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:09:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:30:34 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Utah is having some nice weather.

Would you believe that it snowed last week?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:38:58 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

M.L.

We're marching towards the plantation now.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:49:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Looks like the organizers have regrouped and instructed them to wave AMERICAN flags instead of Mexican flags.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:03:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Here is what I have been posting around campus.
They have been getting torn down.
That is a good sign - it means people are paying attention.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:03:53 PM EDT
[#37]
They all look fat, dumb, and happy to me...what are they protesting about?

Time to buy stock in a baby-stroller company.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:03:56 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Every time the illegal aliens march, I get more upset and more firmly entrenched against them.

Same here.  The "Balkanization" of the U.S. has well and truly begun.  It's not like in the days of Ellis Island when people came here legally by the millions over a period of years, learned to speak English, assimilated into society and became Americans.  

A disturbing number of these...let me be diplomatic here so as not to bring the "tag of doom" down on my ass..."individuals" hate our guts and are quite open about it.  Then there are a great many others who hate our guts and aren't open about it.  Oh, and a little note for the "bruddas in da hood": they hate your guts even more than they hate mine.  Why?  Damned if I know.  Ask them.  Oh, that's right, you can't: they don't speak English.

What does this Balkanization mean in the long run?  My guess is we'll find out during the next depression, whenever that is (sometime before 2050 I would wager) when over 300 million people find themselves competing for very scarce resources.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:18:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Jeez!
I can believe a LEO is blocking traffic and making them turn around so the illegals can march through and dont forget the people who are going to work who now have to drive around the city for these people.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:24:34 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Jeez!
I can believe a LEO is blocking traffic and making them turn around so the illegals can march through and dont forget the people who are going to work who now have to drive around the city for these people.

These pictures were taken Sunday, so I don't think traffic was too much of an issue.  However, we did see a guy drive up to the intersection and he didn't look very happy when he was told to turn around.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:25:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Time to bust out the giant roach motels.

I love it when  plan comes together.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:35:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Why are they not being rounded up?

Once you start walking around with a sign stating (or hinting) that you are an illegal, you have given probable cause to be stopped & searched.

Maybe the Minutemen should start making citizens arrests to get the job done.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:39:44 PM EDT
[#43]
These protests make me want to vomit.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:45:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Too Funny

Quoted:
Here is what I have been posting around campus.
They have been getting torn down.
That is a good sign - it means people are paying attention.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top