Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2006 7:44:09 AM EDT
Att. mod/staff
This is a repost with thebeekeeper1's blessing due to the hi-jack of the original thread.

I read Randy weavers book "The Federal Siege At Ruby Ridge" and I am having an argument with some idiot on another board who says Vicky Weavers fingers were cut off and missing when her body was returned to the family for burial.
Did I miss this in the book as this nut case claims?
It was a while ago I read it and I think I would remember a detail like that.
Anyone know?

Here's the update

I just got off the phone with someone who has a copy of "The Federal siege at Ruby Ridge"

On page 42 it does indeed say Vicky Weavers fingers were sniped off and sent to The FBI at Quantico Va.
It was also stated this was done for ID purposes and were never returned to be buried with her.
Her body was returned to Randy for burial without her fingers.

MOTHER FUCKERS!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:18:52 AM EDT
[#1]
bump- Lets try and keep it civil gents
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:49:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:29:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never heard that and I have followed the case closely for years.

Gerry Spence made no mention of it in his book, "From Freedom to Slavery- The Rebirth of Tyranny in America" nor is it mentioned in any other reputable book on the seige.

This is a good time to mention that Lon Horiuchi, the HRT sniper, is still undercover, and, I suspect, under government protection with a new identity.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:39:41 PM EDT
[#4]
tag again
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:41:31 PM EDT
[#5]
tag
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:43:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Haven't heard that one before.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:00:34 PM EDT
[#7]
tag
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:32:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I've never heard that and I have followed the case closely for years.

Gerry Spence made no mention of it in his book, "From Freedom to Slavery- The Rebirth of Tyranny in America" nor is it mentioned in any other reputable book on the seige.

This is a good time to mention that Lon Horiuchi, the HRT sniper, is still undercover, and, I suspect, under government protection with a new identity.

It is supposed to be (according to the dick that posted it) on page 42 in the last paragraph of "The Federal Siege At Ruby Ridge"

He was at Waco and If I'm not mistaken he is a sniper instructor at the FBI facility at Quantico VA.
and is not in hiding.
You know Randy Weaver was awarded 3 million dollars in the civil suit.
I suspect he had at least 1.5 million after all was said and done.
I wonder if they have a perpetual tap on Randy's phones and a constant tracking of his whereabouts?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:36:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't recall reading or hearing of Vicky Weaver missing digits...

Maybe the guy is thinking of "Gordon Kahl"?  IIRC, it was reported that his hands were chopped off after he was burned inside his a house by a federal agent who went nuts after waiting for the fire to die down to check out the building...  But most of my memory is corrupted w/ barley and hoppes #9 so take that with a grain of salt.

Sly
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:10:02 AM EDT
[#10]
I can't believe no one knows the answer to this?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:12:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:17:55 AM EDT
[#12]
I just got off the phone with someone who has a copy of "The Federal siege at Ruby Ridge"

On page 42 it does indeed say Vicky Weavers fingers were snipped off and sent to The FBI at Quantico Va.
It was also stated this was done for ID purposes and were never returned to be buried with her.
Her body was returned to Randy for burial without her fingers.

MOTHER FUCKERS!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:19:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Sounds like a tractor trailer full of BS.

+1

On subject if not on point.

When this debacle first started, the media refereed to Mr. Weaver as a 'survivalist'.  As things worsened and Mr. Weaver need to be demonized, the media then switched to 'white supremacist'.

5sub
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:22:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Is it true or just some more conspiracy theory?

More than one souce. Preferrably someone reputable.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:34:23 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Well Randy wrote the book and it's right there on page 42, so did Randy Weaver lie?
I doubt he would.
If I see Randy Weaver at a gun show I doubt if I will ask him, would you?
All I know is that it is definatley on page 42 of "The siege at Ruby Ridge"

Here's the exact quote from the book.

Kevin left the cabin and surrendered on August 30, 1992. Shortly thereafter, Sam and Vicki's bodies were cremated, but not until after the FBI had snipped Vicki's fingers off and sent them to the FBI laboratory in Quantico, VA. Her fingers were never returned for cremation.
When questioned about it no one seemed to have an answer as to what they did with them.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:53:08 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well Randy wrote the book and it's right there on page 42, so did Randy Weaver lie?
I doubt he would.

Kevin left the cabin and surrendered on August 30, 1992. Shortly thereafter, Sam and Vicki's bodies were cremated, but not until after the FBI had snipped Vicki's fingers off and sent them to the FBI laboratory in Quantico, VA. Her fingers were never returned for cremation.
When questioned about it no one seemed to have an answer as to what they did with them.

Horiuchi wears them on a chain around his neck with his FBI badge. God bless America.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:54:46 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

....Vicky Weavers fingers were sniped off and sent to The FBI at Quantico Va.

That's some good shooting.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:56:15 AM EDT
[#18]

Yep!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:00:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Can I ask a dumb question?
I'm not real familiar with the whole Ruby Ridge episode, as I was 12 when it happened. In fact, I completely forgot about it before I saw that other thread title. Can anyone give me a cliff notes version of what happened and why?
I know, I know, Google is my friend, but I'm afraid I'm going to get a bunch of nonsense, and about 50 pages I don't care to read.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:09:09 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I doubt he would.

Last I knew,he still lives south of me (about 20 minutes).I never met him,but have a customer who knows him (although I haven't seen them in awhile).If I remember,I will ask them and see if they know for sure.

Could the reason of taking the fingers have been to check for gunpowder residue to see if she had fired a gun?I can't see why it would matter,but it's the only thing I could think of that might make sense.

This really makes my blood boil.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:14:05 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I'm not real familiar with the whole Ruby Ridge episode, as I was 12 when it happened. In fact, I completely forgot about it before I saw that other thread title. Can anyone give me a cliff notes version of what happened and why?
I know, I know, Google is my friend, but I'm afraid I'm going to get a bunch of nonsense, and about 50 pages I don't care to read.

Thanks!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Ridge
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:15:36 AM EDT
[#22]
dude, the govt. wouldn't chop her fingers off...

the government is there to help you
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:19:18 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Thanks!

Rik posted it for you.

By the way thats how the first thread got hi-jacked.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:22:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Thanks for the Wiki posting. I had no idea that was the story behind it.
I apologize for the hijack.

It sounds to me like it started as a huge misunderstanding, and escalated from there.
And for the sniper not knowing the lady was behind a door. Isn't one of the major rules of firearms is to know your target and what's behind it? How was this guy a sniper?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:23:00 AM EDT
[#25]
I have that book ill look it up tonight.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:59:34 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

It sounds to me like it started as a huge misunderstanding, and escalated from there.
And for the sniper not knowing the lady was behind a door. Isn't one of the major rules of firearms is to know your target and what's behind it? How was this guy a sniper?

He did know she was behind the door.
FBI HRT changed the rules of engagement.
This was later ruled to be unconstitutional, but what happened to our buddy Lon Horiuchi, the man who took the shot?
Nothing.

Horiuchi was also at Waco in 1994 in sinper position, Sierra 2, IIRC.

Good morning Mrs. Weaver,” “We had pancakes this morning. And what did you have for breakfast? Why don't you send your children out for some pancakes, Mrs. Weaver?

Anyone care to comment on that?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:01:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Regarding the fingers.. it is not uncommon for them to remove fingers for ID purposes and not return them to the body.

I guess since it happened at Ruby Ridge that we should be in shock and awe, but the truth is it is nothing special.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:03:49 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Regarding the fingers.. it is not uncommon for them to remove fingers for ID purposes and not return them to the body.

I guess since it happened at Ruby Ridge that we should be in shock and awe, but the truth is it is nothing special.

I think we both know this was done with a wink and a nudge.
What was the purpose of removing them from her body?
As many LE have stated, you only do that with decomps.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:06:00 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

The purpose is to rehydrate tissue to get fingerprints, it might be what they did in this case.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:08:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:10:03 AM EDT
[#31]
[scratches head wondering]  Why would they need to cut off her fingers in the first place?  They knew who she was.

Does this tidbit really matter in the whole scheme of things?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:10:32 AM EDT
[#32]
After reading about all this this I ordered Randy's book.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:13:29 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I met Horiuchi when I worked at Barrett. The HRT was buying 10 M82A1's and needed brought up to speed on them.
We took them to our 1400m range and set steel 12" plates at 500m. 500m was a chip shot and thought they could nail them easily. Horiuchi fired 6 times and missed every time. After he said they were shit. I laid down, fired 1 time to re-affirm my zero and rung the steel 7 times straight. I told him the problem wasn't the rifle, he needed to learn how to shoot a mans rifle. He didn't think it was funny, but the other HRT guys did.

When the boss found out about it, he had a  talk with me about it.

I came to the conclusion a lot of them really can't shoot past 100m. A few of them had trouble with the 12" plate at 500m.

Did you think about asking horiuchi why he murdered Vicky?

Do me a favor everyone?
Stop capitalizing his last name, he's a POS!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:13:45 AM EDT
[#34]
What do you guys care? Weaver was a moonbat. The gov't was protecting society when they went after the Weavers. Get in line. Wave at the agent taking your picture. Breathe deeply when you get inside the room. All is well.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:13:58 AM EDT
[#35]
I'll check my copy of  Every Knee Shall Bow. I think it mentioned something about it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:15:39 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

It sounds to me like it started as a huge misunderstanding effort by government agents to generate criminal activity, and escalated from there.

Fixed.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:16:20 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

It does if it was done to slap Randy in response to Ruby Ridge.
If the govt can take body parts to punish your loved ones than what does that say about our govt.?
I still have no idea why Randy never went for some savage revenge.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:17:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:17:39 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

For ID.

No, you really don't only do it with decomps.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:18:12 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Sorry jrzy. The boss said political jabs were off limits and would be dealt with.

Oh yeah. Hi Lon, learn to shoot yet?

You know he might read here huh?
What do you think would happen if he registered here ?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:41:06 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For ID.

No, you really don't only do it with decomps.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:48:30 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I met Horiuchi when I worked at Barrett. The HRT was buying 10 M82A1's and needed brought up to speed on them.
We took them to our 1400m range and set steel 12" plates at 500m. 500m was a chip shot and thought they could nail them easily. Horiuchi fired 6 times and missed every time. After he said they were shit. I laid down, fired 1 time to re-affirm my zero and rung the steel 7 times straight. I told him the problem wasn't the rifle, he needed to learn how to shoot a mans rifle. He didn't think it was funny, but the other HRT guys did.

When the boss found out about it, he had a  talk with me about it.

I came to the conclusion a lot of them really can't shoot past 100m. A few of them had trouble with the 12" plate at 500m.

Was that with a scope?  If so, cripes, that's sad.  I have hit a 20" torso target at 500m with an iron-sight M1A repeatedly.  It ain't that hard.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:10:42 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sorry jrzy. The boss said political jabs were off limits and would be dealt with.

Oh yeah. Hi Lon, learn to shoot yet?

You know he might read here huh?
What do you think would happen if he registered here ?

What makes you think he isn't already registered here?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:15:04 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It does if it was done to slap Randy in response to Ruby Ridge.
If the govt can take body parts to punish your loved ones than what does that say about our govt.?
I still have no idea why Randy never went for some savage revenge.

Because he has living children to think about.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top