Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2006 10:44:39 PM EDT
Hopefully this will wake up the Feds and they'll sit on the illegals pretty hard.  Otherwise, things are looking like they might get nasty.  I really don't want to have to fight in a civil war...I'm too old for that sort of thing.

www.kpho.com/Global/story.asp?S=4698617&nav=23Ku

Spanish Sports Station Towers Toppled

(CBS 5 NEWS) - Vandals hit Black Canyon City, but they didn't target cars or people. Instead, the target this time was four 100-foot radio towers. They are on land used for polo fields and for a dude ranch. The ranch manager says that around 10:00 p.m. Tuesday he heard two loud crashes like a tree was falling.

He ran out of the barn and that's when two more of the towers fell. Investigators say someone used some sort of torch device to cut the support cables.

The towers are used to transmit ESPN Deportes, a Spanish language sports station in the Valley. This vandalism knocked them off the air, but the station is out checking the damage and they say they will be back up in a few days.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:46:39 PM EDT
[#1]
guess i better get that 45 i cant stop thinking about
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:48:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you really need that as an excuse to get the 45?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:48:20 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 Hell yea!! First things first cut communications.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:52:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Did you really need that as an excuse to get the 45?

Nope.  I need an excuse to get it before the gun show next weekend.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:54:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hopefully this will wake up the Feds and they'll sit on the illegals pretty hard.  Otherwise, things are looking like they might get nasty.  I really don't want to have to fight in a civil war...I'm too old for that sort of thing.

(CBS 5 NEWS) - Vandals hit Black Canyon City, but they didn't target cars or people. Instead, the target this time was four 100-foot radio towers. They are on land used for polo fields and for a dude ranch. The ranch manager says that around 10:00 p.m. Tuesday he heard two loud crashes like a tree was falling.

He ran out of the barn and that's when two more of the towers fell. Investigators say someone used some sort of torch device to cut the support cables.

The towers are used to transmit ESPN Deportes, a Spanish language sports station in the Valley. This vandalism knocked them off the air, but the station is out checking the damage and they say they will be back up in a few days.

Holy Fucking SHIT!!!!!!

They hit the Sports Station!!!!!!!!!

It's Civil Fucking WAR!!!!!!

WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:58:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Holy Fucking SHIT!!!!!!

WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, yeah.  I don't believe in this many coincidences strung together.

You get a bunch of pissed off people on both sides, rumors that Spanish language radio stations are coordinating the protests, something like this happens, the other side retaliates, and you get into a ringing feedback loop.

Maybe it is nothing, but everyone is too pissed off at the moment to let things settle out.  All it takes is for one hothead to take a shot at someone...and hotheads are in plentiful supply out west.

How did the First World War start?  A volatile situation plus some retard takes a shot at some despised and incompetent minor figure plus a bunch of hard-headed, pissed off people with grudges who won't back down.  It isn't inconceivable.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:58:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, it begins...Yes, it has begun...Where the hell has everyone been?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:00:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Holy Fucking SHIT!!!!!!

WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You get a bunch of pissed off people on both sides, rumors that Spanish language radio stations are coordinating the protests, something like this happens, the other side retaliates, and you get into a ringing feedback loop.

Maybe it is nothing, but everyone is too pissed off at the moment to let things settle out.  All it takes is for one hothead to take a shot at someone...and hotheads are in plentiful supply out west.

We had people from the local Spanish Newspaper (Qua Pasa) actively help promote the protest that happened in Charlotte last week
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:02:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Holy Fucking SHIT!!!!!!

WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did the First World War start?  A volatile situation plus some retard takes a shot at some despised and incompetent minor figure plus a bunch of hard-headed, pissed off people with grudges who won't back down.  It isn't inconceivable.

Your absolutely right. One side starts something and the other side answers.  One shot is going to start a shit storm.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:06:27 PM EDT
[#10]
The Gleiwitz incident all over again.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:10:10 PM EDT
[#11]

The towers are used to transmit ESPN Deportes, a Spanish language

While I hate damage to private property it is most annoying to hear a foreign langauge on nearly every radio channel.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:22:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

The towers are used to transmit ESPN Deportes, a Spanish language

While I hate damage to private property it is most annoying to hear a foreign langauge on nearly every radio channel.

Hell yeah it is!  Around here, it seems like most radio stations are mexican now.  In the past few years, two rock/metal stations have been replaced (there are only two remaining).  There are lots of rap stations of course.

The only station worth listening to around here was replaced with a mexican station, since then I have stopped listening to the radio at all.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:26:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Holy Fucking SHIT!!!!!!

WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is inconcievable...

If that shit starts, riot act, national guard, and so on....

If folks want to fire at the NG from either 'side', then by all means... Gunner, target.. Personell in the open... Fire...
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:31:00 PM EDT
[#14]
All it will take is for someone to lose it and start shooting people as they come across, it will happen, it is just a matter of time.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:41:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Holy Fucking SHIT!!!!!!

WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is inconcievable...

If that shit starts, riot act, national guard, and so on....

If folks want to fire at the NG from either 'side', then by all means... Gunner, target.. Personell in the open... Fire...

First, no one ever said anything about shooting at the National Guard.  I don't recall the National Guard or Army even being mentioned in this thread.  We're talking about a bunch of pissed off people, a lot of rumor, and not much rational thought creating the potential for trouble.

Second, do you actually think any politician will give any component of the military free reign on US soil?  I've seen you post about this before.  You need to get over your little fantasy.  The Army is not going to be doing thunder runs down Main Street, USA or doing sweeps to round up American civilians.  No matter how much you want it to happen.  No politician would commit political suicide in that fashion.  Hell, they wouldn't even let them have loaded weapon for airport security immediately after September 11th.

Grow up.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:47:47 PM EDT
[#16]

All I wanna know is what the HELL is a "Dude Ranch" ????

Do they like, ranch dudes ??  

It all sounds kinda brokeback to me. I'm terribly confused.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:04:13 PM EDT
[#17]
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAL!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:08:57 PM EDT
[#18]
We had an AWESOME station down here on 92.5 Called OUTLAW, played a mix of Rock & Roll and good Country. It was replaced by a Spanish station

Switched to it one day to get some good tunes and it was like "..musica espanol a-hah ha blal blahblah blah blah..."
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:14:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Just takes one shot, I guess this is it
Lets not forget that they dropped OUR flag and put up theirs. Dont know if it was on their property but if it wasn't that in itself is a reason to go to the nearest gun show and stock up. Here in NY it isnt that bad yet but it is spring and they will be up here in a few days. I live out in farm country and they rule wally world.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:20:31 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
We had an AWESOME station down here on 92.5 Called OUTLAW, played a mix of Rock & Roll and good Country. It was replaced by a Spanish station

Switched to it one day to get some good tunes and it was like "..musica espanol a-hah ha blal blahblah blah blah..."

It moved to San Antonio and now plays all Texas country!! Ha isn't that ironic.

92.5 the Outlaw , man!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:21:11 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

.....................The towers are used to transmit ESPN Deportes, a Spanish language sports station in the Valley. This vandalism knocked them off the air, but the station is out checking the damage and they say they will be back up in a few days.

Next time perhaps the transmitters?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:23:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Awesome
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:24:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Usually when a topic is duped I lock the one that was potsed later.  In this case, I am locking this one because the title is something noone would ever find in a search on this topic.   http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=450655
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top