Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2001 5:36:05 PM EDT
[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/031/eW/jf/AO/WZ40172.jpg[/img]
Well just one right now, I haven't coverted or uploaded the rest.
71 mustang coupe 302  

oops
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 5:39:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Katie!  I never!
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 5:46:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 5:56:06 PM EDT
[#3]
[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/031/cZ/Wq/tE/0u96432.jpg[/img]
It's not a Mach 1 but it is a Grande.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 6:01:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Good luck on your project.

This reminds me of my heartbreak at 20 yrs old. went to look at a '70  383 Challenger. The guy was a fireman and a Mopar freak. The car had the rear opera window, original wheels, dual snorkel air-cleaner(rare!), original records that he hunted down, extra wiring harness, NO BONDO! It was immaculate, he even had all these cool toy models and original promo, advertising stuff, all included. He had to sell it fast because his wife was having a baby. He wanted $2600 cash, today....I had $2200. I begged but he was firm. So I scared up $300 a couple days later and called the dude. He had sold it to a sheriff's deputy who bought it FOR HIS 17 YEAR-OLD SON!!! I cried myself to sleep, and it wasn't 2 years later until I could learn to love again (she was a '70 SS 350 Camaro). Even now I still get heart twinges of what could have been beautiful and lifelong. Any other stories?  
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 6:21:02 PM EDT
[#5]
[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/028/Vi/Oh/bT/1Y51542.jpg[/img]

It has seen better days.
I bought it about 5 years ago. Drove it, raced it, and now it is sitting in a barn in KY. I live in NC and don't have to time or place to restore it.
I had some good times in that car.
And somehow I never got a ticket for street racing in it. Amazing since that what I spent most of my time doing.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 6:34:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Is the frame and body in good condition? If you don't have the time or place to restore it sell it to someone who will. There are just not enough left to let that thing rust into the ground. Looks like it has a lot of potential, I hate to see things like that go to waste.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 6:40:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is the frame and body in good condition? If you don't have the time or place to restore it sell it to someone who will. There are just not enough left to let that thing rust into the ground. Looks like it has a lot of potential, I hate to see things like that go to waste.
View Quote

Frame is good. Floor pans and trunk pans need to be replaced. [img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/037/wy/It/mf/di27901.jpg[/img]
I have considered selling it before. If anyone is interested let me know.

It's in western Kentucky. Ohio county
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 6:44:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Geez!

I got the exact same steering wheel in my bird. I hate that wheel. Too small for a non-power-steering car.[:)]

I dig your pics. I thought this was going to be another "look at my cool 5.0 GT" thread.

I've got a '68 bird in about that same shape. raced the hell out of her and now she sits.[:(]
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 1:20:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 2:23:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This reminds me of my heartbreak at 20 yrs old. went to look at a '70  383 Challenger. The guy was a fireman and a Mopar freak. The car had the rear opera window, original wheels, dual snorkel air-cleaner(rare!), original records that he hunted down, extra wiring harness, NO BONDO! It was immaculate, he even had all these cool toy models and original promo, advertising stuff, all included. He had to sell it fast because his wife was having a baby. He wanted $2600 cash, today....I had $2200. I begged but he was firm. So I scared up $300 a couple days later and called the dude. He had sold it to a sheriff's deputy who bought it FOR HIS 17 YEAR-OLD SON!!! I cried myself to sleep, and it wasn't 2 years later until I could learn to love again (she was a '70 SS 350 Camaro). Even now I still get heart twinges of what could have been beautiful and lifelong. Any other stories?  
View Quote

Yea, I got a story alright.  After having my second child I had to sell my beloved '79 TransAm that I personally rebuilt. Two years later a fellow co-worker decided he had to sell his '70 Formula 400 Firebird. It had a 400cc w/ ramair, Munci(sp?) 4-speed trans, fresh white paint w/ center blue strip, complete suspension rebuilt and lowered, and finally new Michelan 275/55/16 performance tires.

This car was easily worth $7000-$8000, but he only wanted $5000.  Well I had $4000 cash with me and was getting another bonus check for $1500+ within a week.  I told him that I would give him the $4000 that day and a $1000 a week later.  He was fine with that but wanted to keep both the car and the pink slip till I paid the balance, of course he would give me a receipt.  I was about to agree as he was a trust worthy guy.  

Then I finally asked why he was selling it since I knew he loved this car. Well......the rest of the story.  He just got his second DUI with in the last year driving it and now he needed money to help with court cost!!  Like I said, he was a trustworthy guy, but there was no way I was going to turn over that much money (and not be in possesion of the car) to a guy with a history of drinking and driving!!

Within a week he had sold it for $5500.  To this day my heart is broken as I have yet to get one.  Kids, life, bills, guns, and more always seem to take priority [:(].

But as God as my witness, some day there will be a 1970-1973 Pontiac Firebird TransAm w/ 400cc motor sporting pearl white paint with a wide blue strip sitting in my driveway!!!!!!

sgtar15

PS [b]No other cars need apply![/b]
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 9:22:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Big Bear & sgtar15,

Maybe we should start another thread & get a support group together. I feel for both you guys. As good as that Challenger was, my all-time fave is the '71 340 'cuda. That front grille alone is worth a whole weekend of polishing. Living here in PRK just isn't conducive to owning a muscle car anymore, unless you have a TON of cash. I really miss tinkering with the Camaro and Wednesday Grudge Nights at the track.
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 12:35:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Say it with me..... ROUSH!

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=287906&a=2140589&p=53053487&Sequence=0&res=high[/img]

hg112: you have got your work cut out for you!!

Nuckles.
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 12:47:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Duuuuuude I bet you could get a 350ci. in that thing.[;D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top