Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2001 10:14:59 AM EDT
Anyone have any experience with obtaining class 3 weapons and the necessary licenses in Ohio?  I live in Geauga County, which is relatively gun-friendly for N.E. Ohio.

I have an itch for a sub-gun like an Uzi and have no idea how to proceed.

Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 10:20:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Look in the "Legal Issues" forum on the second
page.  The topic is "Legally owning a selective
fire rifle".  I posted it last week, there is
some good advice there.  (I'm in NW Ohio)
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 2:17:59 PM EDT
[#2]
A3kid, looks like we think alike.  Have you ever taken any steps to get a select fire weapon?  I'm not sure where I would find a dealer in Class III guns around here.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 3:31:58 PM EDT
[#3]
There is an ATF site where you download the forms. I don't have it handy but my buddy bought an M-16 last month. Call the ATF office near you and they will be happy to give you the site. You don't need to go through a C3 dealer if your buying from an individual. You will need a specific finger print card (dont remember the form #), your local Sheriffs Office will do the job for a small fee. You will also need to submit a photo of yourself with the package, send it in with the $200.00 wait for them to process and it's yours. The site tells you everything you need to do. Enjoy.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 6:35:41 PM EDT
[#4]
howdy,
i live in mentor, and my favorite c3 dealer is a few blocks away. in fact, i got my vector uzi through him. i'm sure he could find one for you.

process is pretty simple:
first-- find your gun. (a deposit is usually required)
-get forms from your ffl or atf (form 4)
-fill 'em out with mug shots and fingerprints.
-have your local chief (etc.) sign 'em
-send 'em with a check for 200 smackers to atf
-wait
-wait
-wait
-wait some more
-whenever they get tired of looking at your picture, they'll stop trying to to contact your third grade teacher to see if you picked your nose in class. then they'll put a wee little stamp on 'em and mail 'em back... less the 200 bucks.(no offence to nfa branch, they've always been friendly when i've called...)
-pick up your gun, and pay the man.
-go broke buying ammo on the internet.[uzi]

if you're interested, click on that little flower on top, and e-mail me.
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 5:42:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info, pbrstreetgang.

I tried to e-mail you, but it got returned.

Could you e-mail me at [email protected] have some additional questions for you.

Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top