Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2001 2:15:02 AM EDT
Also, Conan O'Brian or Craig Kilborn?

Who are the Kings of late night T.V.?
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 2:31:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I think you will find that the only people posting this time of day don't watch American TV.

As for me, AFN-Korea has Jay Leno followed by David Letterman - so I don't see what all the competition is about [:)]. I occasionally try to watch - but fall asleep during one of the two.

I watched Conan O'Brian a bit last time I was in the states - I would have to say he is the funniest - but that may be bacause he pushes the envelope a bit more becuase the time slot gives him that luxury.

I have never heard of this Kilborn fellah. 'Course I haven't spent much time over there in the US of A for some time.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 3:11:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I myself would have to vote Leno. He's from my home town, we actually had the same math teacher. His chin is way way bigger in person.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 3:38:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Australian Prospective

You know I saw Leno in LA when I was to America on holiday in 94. What a blast! Well worth the wait, but we do not get Leno on free to air TV, but on cable (FoxTel).

As for Letterman, we get him on Sat mornings at 0100! on free to air. That fucken 'Paul' Poofter musician, the band leader bloke, from Thunder Bay Ontario, Canada. Well, soon has I hear than whinging wine of his, it nearly sends me 'around the twist'! I can't handle him or Letterman, as I do not find David as entertaining as Leno.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 3:39:03 AM EDT
[#4]
They both suck, why give them that much of your life every day?

I have way better thigns to do when I am in bed, thanks.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 3:41:07 AM EDT
[#5]
[b]CONAN![/b] screw Leno and Letterman

he beats them both. Both Letterman's and Leno monologue aren't near as funny as conan's. Although Conan's guests suck most of the time, he still makes it funny. I love it when he does the "In the Year 2000" and "Triumph" the dog.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 3:49:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Johnny!
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 3:56:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Conan!!!!! Triumph the Insult Comic Dog!!!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 4:04:10 AM EDT
[#8]
[url]http://conan.gregbender.com/images/11-19-00/triumph_hollywood_squares.avi[/url]

Everyone needs to download that movie clip. Its hilarious!!!!

If you cant view the movie, install this:
[url]http://download.divx.com/videocodecs/divx/DivX4CodecInstaller.exe[/url]
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 5:01:26 AM EDT
[#9]
IMO, Letterman is funnier.  However, Leno has all the cool toys like cars and motorcycle.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 6:38:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't watch any of the Bush-bashing, gun-grabbing, Clinton-loving late night jerks.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 6:59:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Lettermen can deliver some good bits, but Leno seems more of a mainstream individual.  He's agreed to once again MC the Love Ride this November from Glendale HD. Gotta like 'em.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 7:15:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Johnny Knoxville[%|]

Jay and Dave are morons.[xx(]
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 7:21:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Letterman isn't nearly as funny as he was years
ago, still funnier than Leno IMO.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 12:23:25 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm for Letterman and for Conan on opposite networks. Craig Kilborn does have a lot of great looking babes come on his show but that's the only thing going for it. Leno is OK but Letterman has much more talent and is funnier by far. Conan and Triumph the Dog are a comedy classic.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 12:38:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Leno is not funny- just annoying. Letterman should have received the Tonight Show slot. I still like Dave, but he has become a little soft since his move to CBS. Conan O'Brien is the man now. He's funny, and is a great writer. Not afraid to take chances.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 1:44:59 PM EDT
[#16]
SLEEP!!

CB
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 1:58:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Letterman is such a liberal fart! Then he keeps the studio at 60 degrees or less so his queerio music man can wear his Elton John clothes.  Leno is more to the conservative side.  I really don't like the way any of the media make fun of Bush's intelligence.  I guess they think we don't know that he's the only President to ever have an MBA degree.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 2:12:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Conan!!!!! Triumph the Insult Comic Dog!!!!
View Quote
                                               Leno/conan.........
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 2:19:41 PM EDT
[#19]
In my teenage years i would have said Letterman hands down. The skits of dropping stuff off building and using a hydralic press to "squish" stuff was funny. The man on the street stuff was too. I would love to see him leave the studio.

Now i have turned to Leno, seems to be a "regular Joe" type to me. Great articles in Popular Mechanic magazine.

Do anybody watch the TV movie made about the fight for the Tonight Show?
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 3:56:13 PM EDT
[#20]
leno but onlyfor headlines and Jay walking
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 9:38:12 PM EDT
[#21]
I used to hate Leno when he was selling Doritos, but I have grown quite fond of his show.  Headlines and Jaywalking are great!  Letterman's antics were a hoot when I was a teenager.  Now he's boring.  Conan just plain sucks.  NO ONE could ever be as good as Johnny.  He was and always will be the king of late night to me.
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 9:52:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 9:58:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Conan.  Leaps and bounds better.  Early Letterman around fifteen years ago was great. Hate Leno except for the Jaywalking.

BTW- Did anyone see Triumph on the Rob Reiner Friars Club Roast.  Holy shit I almost peed myself it was so funny.  Kept calling Reiner a Fat Fuck.
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 10:10:32 PM EDT
[#24]
i like kilborne, i like the video clips he shows, they are funny as hell.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top