Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2001 2:29:54 PM EDT
Bastard has been giving our secrets to Soviets, then Russia for 25 years.  

Public hanging....?
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 2:42:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I would like to see him hang, but first I think it is important to use him to find out as much as we can aout him and what he compromised.

Obviously, we are the losers on this one and he should pay the ultimate penalty.

Either that, or he could suffer the same fate as Rick Ames - get a roomate in jail who is an AIDS infected drug dealer known to sexually assault prisoners.
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 2:43:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 2:46:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 2:49:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 2:50:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 2:54:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, what do you expect? WIth all due apologies to those LEO's present, any FBI, ATF, or OtherAlphabetSoup Agent who didn't resign in disgust when his (or her) organization burned innocent women and children alive and/or shot down in cold blood unarmed mothers carrying infants, is, well, someone you have to wonder about. Not that the FBI etc. doesn't do a lot of good, but, well, "those who want power are the least qualified to wield it, etc."
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 4:00:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 4:04:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Could we PLLLEEEEASSSSEEE have a lottery to see who gets on the firing squad?  Imagine how much money the government could make from this site alone for $1 a ticket...

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 4:19:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Look at the criminal complaint.

103 pages long!!!!

Very detailed and makes good reading.

You'll need Acrobat.

[url]http://washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/nation/reports/hanssen022001.pdf[/url]

Oh ya, where can I buy one of those lotto tickets?
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 4:21:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Firing squad? Burn that sonovabitch at
the stake....anybody know any Apaches?
They had a...l e n g t h y...method [}:)]
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 4:50:37 PM EDT
[#11]
AnotherPundit,
Don't take this personally, but I have to question your train of thought. Suggesting that every agent should resign because of the misdeeds of other agents is like suggesting that:

-every US soldier should have quit the Army because of the Mai Lai massacre

-every National Guardsman should have resigned because of the Kent State massacre

-every American should renounce their citizenship because of the massacre of Native Americans in the 1800's or because of slavery

-every NYPD cop should resign because of the toilet plunger incident

-every LAPD guy should resign because of the Rampart scandel

Do you see my point? Instead of calling for the resignation of all the good folks why don't we encourage them to stay and improve matters?

Again, I'm not trying to be hostile but just wanted to provide some food for thought.

BTW, once those charges were made, I'd bet you a lifetime of paychecks that he's guilty and that the court will see it. There is nothing lower than to betray ones friends and country....
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 5:04:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Kharn has a grreat idea! imagine how much the tax burden could be relieved if a lottery system was in place.
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 5:10:41 PM EDT
[#13]
What else can we expect from a nation that is full of gutless losers. Thank God that there are still those who embrace the moral ideals espoused by the founding fathers. We have seen direct attacks on the 2nd which is the guardian of our priceless consititution. We have had a supreme court that has consistently ruled on measures that have attempted to destroy the family, children and women. Those of us that realize that the power elite who pull the strings of those hacks who think that they are in charge, laugh when a miserable scumbag from the bureau gets caught selling secrets to our sworn enemy. Why should there not be the same outrage against the traitor that has just left office over the selling of our secrets, arming china with the top of the line computers, and disarming our own forces to the extent that the people who are armed have become the backbone to hold up this nation if we are attacked by the enemy within or without.  Anyone with an ounce of sense knows that the old soviets just put on a new face, but inside they are still our mortal enemies.  This individual that has been arrested should be treated in the same manner as any traitor, and that is death. Keep your powder dry, and stay in a watchful mode.
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 5:39:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 5:52:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 5:59:44 PM EDT
[#16]
There was a time in my former life as a statist in which I would have been upset about this.  I am so ashamed of the US govt. and how bad it has gotten, that I have just honestly given up caring whether an FBI agent sells out to a foreign nation.  Nearly all of our politicians are sellouts one way or another anyhow.  I don't think you can make things a whole lot worse.  Our leaders get away with treason and truly barbaric acts all the time.  Our nation has committed crimes against people around the world--the most recent example is the ridiculous bombing of Iraq that just took place. Frankly, I'm ashamed to even be an American citizen right now.  I have nothing in common with the zealots in power and I know that as government continues to grow, the amount of corruption will only increase along with it.  

It strikes me as odd that someone in such a high counter-intelligence position would be so out of touch with reality: This guy was caught up in some little cloak and dagger fantasy world.  He's just like every government employee I've ever known.  A lunatic!  Why else would someone with a wife and five kids run such huge risks?  He should plead insanity.  So should any government employee that thinks they are saving the world.  

The most interesting thing about this story, at least to me, is that there was $50,000 in $100 bills hidden in a park in VA for several hours or even days. Makes me want to start poking around the public areas near DC more...

Link Posted: 2/21/2001 6:02:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 7:02:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/22/2001 6:11:40 AM EDT
[#19]
For a right amount and kind of money, plus stupidity, we all sell out.  Remember Hanoi Jane? and Bill Clinton?
Link Posted: 2/22/2001 8:53:26 AM EDT
[#20]
I tend to agree with the thoughts of FrankSquid and Beer Slayer.  Why does a "countersurvelliance" FBI guy have access to information (and names) about covert ops conducted outside the USA.  Why no compartmentalization of information?  Perhaps he was discovered early on and was being fed BS for transmission to his handlers.  

I would like to believe the news reports are accurate, but there seem to be a lot of loose ends here.  Perhaps our government (or the press) is not being forthright...
Link Posted: 2/22/2001 9:04:40 AM EDT
[#21]
DEATH
Link Posted: 2/22/2001 9:17:44 AM EDT
[#22]
What I don't understand is how he expects to use that money.

You can't just hide 1.4 million dollars.  Somebody's gonna notice you're living large for an FBI agent.

Unless he planned to uproot his entire family and flee to another country...
Link Posted: 2/22/2001 9:20:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Your federal tax dollars at work.

Jay
Arizona
Link Posted: 2/22/2001 10:40:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You can't just hide 1.4 million dollars.  Somebody's gonna notice you're living large for an FBI agent.

View Quote

Actually, he was hiding it pretty well.  For getting away with it for 25 years, he had a good run.  But I think we should take the public gallows out of retirement for this scumbag.
Link Posted: 2/22/2001 10:41:10 AM EDT
[#25]
JUST THANK GOD CLINTON WON'T BE ABLE TO PARDON
HIM. HE SOUNDS LIKE A CHARTER MEMBER OF THE
FRIENDS OF BILLRY CLUB.
Link Posted: 2/22/2001 12:10:16 PM EDT
[#26]
The reports say he is responsible for the deaths of two rusky agents. he deserves a trial like all americans, but sometimes it is obvious. he was busted making a pick up. the penalty for espionage like this has to be death. ames has it too easy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top