Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2001 10:33:38 AM EDT
Hi,

At this time I'm in the lucky circumstance that I can buy a SIG 510 AMT in mint condition for a very nice price, roughly $800.

Does any of guys have any experience with this rifle? What do think, should I do it?

This is what we are talking about. This pic I stole from the web is identical to the one being offered to me.
[img]http://www.gunnery.net/sig/amt-scoped-2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 10:41:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I would have to say "YES"! This is a very fine weapon, although it is a bit old. The only problem you may have is getting spare parts. I would suggest buying a few parts guns before there all gone. You can find a few in Shotgun News and on some auction sites.
Just a few years ago this gun was selling at gunshows for over $5000.00 US Dollars.
One more question. Are you sure of its condition and are you sure this person is not trying to sell you a parts gun ( ie.. a gun without the receiver or a one with a demilled receiver )?
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 10:44:35 AM EDT
[#2]
a sig 550/551 is at the top of my list.  This is a damn close second.  For 800 bucks in mint i owuld do it. It is a steal.   That is a collectors item.

Zaz

FWIW, Gun Traders Guide (23rd ed. 2000) has it listed over 2500 for mint
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 10:49:54 AM EDT
[#3]
WoW!!  Heck Yeah!!
I'm jealous, wish I had the same oppurtunity over here stateside!
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 10:55:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Gents, thanks for replying.

Walt, I'm very sure this rifle is mint and orginal because I know the guy who's selling it (he doesn't need the money so that's why the price is nice). He also bought a 551 later and liked it so much that the 510 remained in the vault most of the time.

It was bought new about 5 years back and only fired during 20 range sessions (about 1000 rounds went through it in total).

Please note that I'm in Holland and am not affected by the steep prices in the US for these type of non-importable rifles.

If I get it it will not be fired much, it's more of an investment (I tell the mrs....). She is a bit worried because only a few months ago I already bought a Blaser R93 'Tactical' bolt matchrifle....

Cheers,
RG.nl
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 10:58:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Here is an example of the current pricing on this weapon. As you can see, they are extremely expensive.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/fast.cgi?numguns=20&guncat=2385&startgun=21

AMT
GA# 976099077 $7,500.00 RARE- SIG AMT - EXCELLENT CONDITION- STILL ONLY 100 KNOWN TO BE LEFT IN THE U.S. ALSO HAVE RARE ARGENTINE FN FAL- BOTH FOR 9,900.

SIG AMT 510-4
http://ccfa.com/assault.htm
This one is selling for $11,500.00 US Dollars!

http://www.biggerhammer.net/sigamt/

Link Posted: 8/14/2001 11:00:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Bollocks,
I wish I could get one as cheap as that. Good luck with your purchase and with your wife as well...hehe

Cheers
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 2:35:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Walt,

But, Holy Cow! Those prices ARE steep!

I wish I could export the bugger to the US! Now that would really please the mrs.

Cheers,
RG.nl
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 9:31:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Well I did it! And am now the proud owner of a mint SIG 510 AMT.

She's a beauty and looks just like the one in the pic (without scopemount) with some extra 'evil' features (meaning not demilled, everything is there!).

This is going to be a goooood weekend.

Cheers,
RG.nl
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 9:57:04 AM EDT
[#9]
"Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the SIG AMT"

I think I am gonna move to the Nederlands . . .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top