Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:01:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Just wondering how this thing got to 12+ pages.  Typical.  Too many chefs.  Not enough soup.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:10:05 AM EDT
[#2]
aaronstaple, I stand by what I said before, I really advise you to get rid of your guns if you have any, get some airsoft, watch Red Dawn, and run around your backyard pretending you are Patrick Swayze.  It is obvious all that you have ever done is sit behind your computer being an armchair commando.  When you have a gun pointed at you in a menacing way you will understand, untill then I recommend getting lots of plastic bb's for your airsoft guns.  Oh yeah, if you're married I hope you have good life insurance in case you ever have to face an armed perpetrator, your family can at least pay the bills with it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:29:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Vid still choppy at best.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:34:17 AM EDT
[#4]
LOL.. looks like Ohio CCW is full of couch comandos as well..
ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=2737&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

sad....
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:38:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Lots of people carry guns.

Very few people have even the tiniest clue what lethal force is all about, or how to properly use lethal force.

The fact that people are going all weak in the knees because this puddle sucker was shot in the back tells me that they have never been in a real bad situation and have never really trained to be in a bad situation. If they had, they wouldn't sound so silly.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:43:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Very few people have even the tiniest clue what lethal force is all about, or how to properly use lethal force.

The fact that people are going all weak in the knees because this puddle sucker was shot in the back tells me that they have never been in a real bad situation and have never really trained to be in a bad situation. If they had, they wouldn't sound so silly.

i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/jwayne_777/training.jpg

That's some hellified body armor.

Should help him if a tsunami comes.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:45:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm Shane333 and I approve of the outcome of that shooting, except the part where the robber lived.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:58:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm Shane333 and I approve of the outcome of that shooting, except the part where the robber lived.

Seconded.....all in favor say AYE!

AYE!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:01:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/jwayne_777/training.jpg

Most of the wailing here is silly, most of the time.  

It was summed up best by the poster himself when he said "I did not choose the time or place".  If you can not bring yourself to use lethal force to defend against a clear threat to your life even if you are not facing the other party down on a deserted, dusty, road where a tumble weed blows past and everyone has cleared out for the gunfight.... well, put your holster away and carry a cell phone.  

You deal with the threat in the situation in front of you, or you hope that a felon will not cross the moral line of killing you tonight.  Cut and dried.  "What if the baby moved to right", "What if there was somebody behind the glass just then", "What if the bad guy shot the baby"?  What if, what if, what if.  The man dealt fine with the situation he had.   Good performing bullets can still over penetrate.  They can bounce back off metal.  They can skip off the ground back into the air.  It's not perfection, it's not ideal... it's the best you have available and you do all you can to try to reduce the risks because you can not eliminate them.

This whole thing went down almost faster than I can draw, aim and fire.  Yet here we see the same bullshit slow-motion analysis that the scumbag's attorney would be trying in civil term.  Shot in the back .  Please.   The fight started when he was facing the counter.  The fight stopped when he was on the ground.  Perfect.

The video is not in the best of taste, and the picture at the end is kinda foolish.  Even if he is the "whacko gun guy" this video makes him appear.... he was in the right.  Music or stupid picture aside, he was in the right.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:27:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Any chance we could get a copy of this vid without the music? I'd like to actually hear what was going on...
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:29:53 AM EDT
[#11]
WTF?!

Some of you people are nutz.  When you enter my establishment with a gun and point it at anyone, you have just gave up your right to life!  Until you are on the ground with no weapon, you deserve every bullet I put in you whether its in your ass or your face.

Why would you put any trust in a armed thief making his getaway to not shoot you!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:54:51 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Any chance we could get a copy of this vid without the music? I'd like to actually hear what was going on...

There is likely no sound, most security systems are video only.   Hell, I'd say your lucky this one records at a respectable frame rate.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:00:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Good shoot.  I am glad you are ok.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:25:35 AM EDT
[#14]
After the first viewing, I think the guy was right on the money for what he did, and I commend him on his quick, calm, draw and fire. Yeah, that kid was close, but as others have said, there could have been so many "what ifs". If you have ever been in that situation, with out a means to protect yourself, you would see this and, I would hope, agree that he did the correct thing.  I used to live in south St. Louis, where My house was the white neighborhood for at leat 10 blocks. I was shot at to many times and been on those situations enought when I was a kid and young adolecent to know what he did was just and with cause.  I hope the criminal who was shot get gets what he deserves. I know, sad as it may seam, the man who shot the cirminal will be made out to be a nut, and have a civil law suite slapped on him for doing the right thing. I will pray for you friend, and I hope he does well.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:30:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Tag...
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:26:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:27:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Great JOB!!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:49:00 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
However, it diminishes the citizen to revel in the victory overmuch.

Not in the least.

You're wrong, it does exactly that.

So maybe all those parades in the U.S. after WWII were in bad taste also.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:49:04 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

+1.  To the shooter, Excellent job! Nobody should ever want to be in your situation, but you handled it as well as anyone could have.  A couple things stood out to me.  First, very good use of co-worker to conceal what you were doing.  It looks like you were saying something to her as you were getting ready to draw your weapon.  Also, your control of your weapon under stress is impressive.  Three controlled shots, all on target.  You handled the entire situation very well from what the video shows.

I agree that you should post a copy of the video of the incident with the original audio (no music no editing).  That way we could hear what's being said and all of the shots being fired in sequence.  I think it'd be a great example/training tool for defensive handgun in that form.  I'd love to have a copy to demonstrate how it's done well in that type of situation.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:56:37 AM EDT
[#20]

Great job buddy.  Can you enlighten us as to the long term effects of this shooting?  Did the family sue you?  Were you fired or applauded for carrying concealed?  Did you have nightmares?  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:00:09 AM EDT
[#21]
tag
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:01:59 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is likely no sound, most security systems are video only.   Hell, I'd say your lucky this one records at a respectable frame rate.

There is. You can hear them moving around at the beginning, it's just quiet. Especially compared to the music.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:03:07 AM EDT
[#23]
That was awesome!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:07:32 AM EDT
[#24]
tag
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:13:35 AM EDT
[#25]
A few observations and questions:

1.  What this vidio showed is exactly what I hope I would be able to do in the same situation.  He identified the danger, made a plan and executed it without fumbling.  He moved past his co-worker to get a better line of fire on the BG, thus getting a clear shot without the baby in the way.

2.  Where did you get your training?  This video was posted at James Yeager's site and he has offered you free training any time you want it.  

3.  Please re-do the video without the picture at the end.  I'm begging you on this issue.  Everything else is something to be proud of but the pic can easily give people the wrong idea.  It just doesn't need to be there.

4.  Some people need to give up their guns.  If ever there is a reason to shoot a person its in a situation like this.  If you can't justify drawing and shooting during an armed robbery, you shouldn't ever carry a gun.  You're a hazard to yourself if you do.  You are the reason people get their guns taken and used against them.  

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:15:33 AM EDT
[#26]
what scares me is that the people on this board are your "peers" when it comes down to a trail... < i know it didnt but bear with me.. > these people .. the people on a GUNBOARD will be the first to say "quilty" . yes your honor.. i have taken 7 weeks to make a descion that he had 2.9 secs to make,... and I think,, he hurt the robbers feeling... so lock him up.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:18:15 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
2.  Where did you get your training?  This video was posted at James Yeager's site and he has offered you free training any time you want it.  

Link?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:20:33 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link?

I think you have to be a member to read it
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:25:46 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link?

I think you have to be a member to read it

Here's Yeager's quote:  "FIND THAT DUDE and tell him he has got a FREE class from me ANYTIME!"

His training site is www.tacticalresponse.com.  I'm taking a class from them next month.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:28:00 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Funny how many people that have NO CLUE what it is like to be in that situation have all the answers.

GR

Funny how I predicted someone would eventually chime in with an omnipotent douching of elitest logic.

He posted this link and video on AR15.com...............what'd you expect?  He also posted the ink and vid in the general discussion forum no less.  If you're looking to hang with combat weathered gun fighters with no less than 10 CCW kills under their belts, you shouldn't be expelling your energy on THIS forum.

But your point is well grounded and understood.  Lots of Monday morning QB's around today.  

Point taken and understood.

I have been "monday morning quarterbacked" several times in my career. One guy was going to go uphill with a .45 pistol, at night with streetlights lighting up the area behind him, across an open yard--a distance of about 50-60 yards--- into a stream of bullets coming from an AR. He and his imaginary "buddies" would have fired a few rounds as they ducked behind what little cover there was,and then covered their other buddies. "That's what they taught us in the military" he said with some authority. "Yeah, with an AR, grenades and REAL cover fire. Not a .45 pistol and 25 rounds going against a battle carbine and 1,000 rounds" I thought.  

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:33:16 AM EDT
[#31]
FYI, i reposted the vid here 4 more bandwith
youtube.com/watch?v=NZrdbSJVSVM
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:36:47 AM EDT
[#32]
That was kick a$$ man. and a ballzy shot with the woan and kid near the robbier.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:43:22 AM EDT
[#33]
+1 for the good guy, but seriously, get some of those pics off your Myspace and cut out the end of that video.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:53:41 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
+1 for the good guy, but seriously, get some of those pics off your Myspace and cut out the end of that video.

THATS NOT HIS MYSPACE!  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:59:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Yes, you are right, I didn't make it that far in the other thread.   Another guy is the mall ninja.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:59:25 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is. You can hear them moving around at the beginning, it's just quiet. Especially compared to the music.

The begging sound is the music. It's part of the song. There is no audio on the video what so ever.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:02:17 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.  To the shooter, Excellent job! Nobody should ever want to be in your situation, but you handled it as well as anyone could have.  A couple things stood out to me.  First, very good use of co-worker to conceal what you were doing.  It looks like you were saying something to her as you were getting ready to draw your weapon.  Also, your control of your weapon under stress is impressive.  Three controlled shots, all on target.  You handled the entire situation very well from what the video shows.

I agree that you should post a copy of the video of the incident with the original audio (no music no editing).  That way we could hear what's being said and all of the shots being fired in sequence.  I think it'd be a great example/training tool for defensive handgun in that form.  I'd love to have a copy to demonstrate how it's done well in that type of situation.

I can put up a copy with no editing at all, but there will be no sound. Your right, I was talking to her, she knew I packed a weapon, and she also said she knew what I was probably going to do. I was telling her to be cool.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:05:34 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can put up a copy with no editing at all, but there will be no sound. Your right, I was talking to her, she knew I packed a weapon, and she also said she knew what I was probably going to do. I was telling her to be cool.

I stand corrected. Nevermind then
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:11:04 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Great job buddy.  Can you enlighten us as to the long term effects of this shooting?  Did the family sue you?  Were you fired or applauded for carrying concealed?  Did you have nightmares?  

I now feel a little paranoid at times. I carry two guns almost all the time now, A g23 and the G27 from the video on my ankle along with an extra mag. I know it more than likely will never come to that, but I figure I will carry them anyway since it can't hurt me and makes me feel better. No I didn't get sued. I also didn't make the video with editing, nor did I pick the soundtrack that was my roomate. I don't have a problem with it, though. If he wants to sue me, then fine, sue me. Our lawyers will go toe to toe, and my lawyer is extremely good, and free to me, I can tye this up in court for a long, long time. I doubt he has the money to keep paying the lawyers and i also doubt that any of those "only get paid if you get paid" lawyers will want to wait to get paid as long as it's gonna take, especially from a 22 year old broke ass sales person. The only thing I can see them sueing is the hotels insurance, and I say fuck them. The hotel should have had better security or at least let us lock the doors earlier, like when the sun came down instead of 10:00 at night. No, I don't have nightmares. I did not get fired, and my boss was cool with it. Everybody there that night was thankful that I did what I did.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:16:56 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I now feel a little paranoid at times. I carry two guns almost all the time now, A g23 and the G27 from the video on my ankle along with an extra mag. I know it more than likely will never come to that, but I figure I will carry them anyway since it can't hurt me and makes me feel better. No I didn't get sued. I also didn't make the video with editing, nor did I pick the soundtrack that was my roomate. I don't have a problem with it, though. If he wants to sue me, then fine, sue me. Our lawyers will go toe to toe, and my lawyer is extremely good, and free to me, I can tye this up in court for a long, long time. I doubt he has the money to keep paying the lawyers and i also doubt that any of those "only get paid if you get paid" lawyers will want to wait to get paid as long as it's gonna take, especially from a 22 year old broke ass sales person. The only thing I can see them sueing is the hotels insurance, and I say fuck them. The hotel should have had better security or at least let us lock the doors earlier, like when the sun came down instead of 10:00 at night. No, I don't have nightmares. I did not get fired, and my boss was cool with it. Everybody there that night was thankful that I did what I did.

Good for you sir!   I only hope I can act as swiftly and accurately as you did here.  Thanks for letting us see the video, it certainly reinforces the speed with which these things develope.

- Well done.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:18:08 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good to hear.

BTW, i'd take Yeager up on that offer of a class. Can never ahve to much quality training
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:18:42 PM EDT
[#42]
tag for later
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:25:24 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
perfect use of the co-worker for cover.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:29:55 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
What are the chances glock fotey here checked to see if there was anyone behind the glass?

Personally, its not enough to say that everything worked out.  The requirement is that, before the trigger is squeezed, the shooter knows for certain the shot will be good.  So, I'm not saying its a bad shoot--but the fact that everything worked out is not good enough.  As people have pointed out, there's not enough information.  That the guy seemed to be a decent shot is heartening, though.

So, I have no real opinion about this shooting.

Regarding my personal feelings on these sorts of things, shooting isn't really necessary.  The motel owners were presumably insured against this, and noone other than the insurance company is losing any money.  And the insurance company isn't either, really, as the underwriter is amortizing their risk--they make money anyway.  Besides, if the register operator is doing everything right, there isn't more than a few hundred dollars there anyway.  This is why most business owners quite prudently advise their employees, "Just let them have it."

The other half of the shooting, though, is fulfilling a duty to one's society.  These repeat offenders will probably just continue to, well, repeat, if not shot three times in the back.  However, personally, I am very skeptical of dealing out justice without proper trial.  Ten seconds just isn't long enough to run your own internal judge, jury, and executioner to deal out the capital punishment.  I'd say that if you want to make society a safer place to live in, there are better ways than CCW.  But then, thats just me.  I think most people here think CCW is pretty much the only way to a safe society.

In any case, its a risky affair, and I'm glad it turned out good for everyone (including the guy who got nailed--perhaps this will convince him to stop "repeating").  However, it is unfortunate that the baby almost certainly sustained hearing damage.

I think crap like this should be met with an iron fist, because if you don't there is no deterrence for would be robbers.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:06:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Going to post the original video, but putfile is down, any other place?? Oh yeah, he's not on myspace.com. He's never even been to califorina
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Going to post the original video, but putfile is down, any other place?? Oh yeah, he's not on myspace.com. He's never even been to califorina

Try this:

www.freefileupload.net

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:11:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:17:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Fellas, I think most of us who are remarking negatively about this are not dumping on the guy for what he did during the attempted holdup, it's what is at the end of the video. It's not needed and could be detrimental.

It is simply a liability and nothing more.

Good shoot, lose the badass pic at the end.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:18:40 PM EDT
[#49]
tag for later
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:20:39 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top