Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/4/2006 6:34:35 AM EDT
I have never had a problem with UPS before.

I live in an apartment.  The Leasing office is authorized to sign for and hold my packages if I am not home.  UPS has ALWAYS done this.  If I am not home, they deliver to the leasing office.

Yesterday UPS delivered an EoTech 512.  And left it at the FRONT FUCKING DOOR!

Guess what?  IT’S NOT THERE. It’s not in the hall, it’s not at the leasing office.  It’s not in the bushes outside.  It’s not at one of the other 11 doors around mine.  It’s fucking gone!  Way to go UPS.  Pick a fucking $300+ item to fuck up on.

I called UPS as soon as I found out, the driver has gone home and we will contact you MONDAY (while you sit there pissed off all weekend).

I’m so pissed I can’t see straight right now.

You know what my help me see better?  A MOTHER FUCKING EOTECH YOU BROWN PANT NAZI FUCKING SONS OF SATANS ASS PIMPLE!

Thanks for reading.

UPDATE  The tracking now says it was delivered to a completely wrong address. About an Hour away in Woodbrige VA.

They also said I have to have the shipper start the trace.  Not me. SO now I am waiting for the shipper to call me back so that I can tell them to hound UPS.

ANOTHER
Well the good folks at Defense America are on the phone with UPS. Defense America gave UPS the correct address, but some how UPS twisted the address into something not even close and delivered it there.

I am waiting for an update now.

ANOTHER update
Defense America said UPS said they need 48 hours.

ANOTHER UPDATE
From Defense America:
Hi Michael,

Nothing back from UPS yet.  Since its been 48 hours, I will give them a call to see where they are.

Last time they let me know they had asked their driver to find the package he/she mis-delivered.

Highest Regards,

YET ANOTHER UPDATE

FUCK FUCK FUCK!  UPS told Defense America that it was found a delivered this afternoon.  They said the driver said that they delivered it to was aware of the situation.  So I assumed it was left at the apartment leasing office as it should have been.

I called the leasing office and it was not there.  I got home and there was no sticker saying it was delivered.  I called UPS to raise hell.  UPS said it was found and supposed to be delivered today, but is not shown as delivered, contradicting what they told Defense America.  She said that maybe it was sent back to the shipper, or it is still out for delivery to me.  So I sent another message to Defense America and I am sure he will raise hell with UPS tomorrow.

[another]
I CANNOT FUCKING BELIVE THIS!!!

UPS just told the shipper that they have my signiture that I received it!
FUCKING BULLSHIT!

UPDATE  I GOT IT
Roomate and I were out walking and when we got back(8:15 pm), there was a UPS truck pulling out of the parking lot.  I chased him down.  Open carrying a Kimber. And sure enough he had it.  He had just been to my place and left a note.  I signed for it and got it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:39:30 AM EDT
[#1]
sorry man.  i would be pissed my self.   I have to have a rifle shipped back to me in the next couple weeks.   It makes me a nervous wreck.  have a 2k  including parts etc.  rifle shipped in the mail.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:39:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I like the Satan's ass pimple. The UPS guy has nothing to worry about, he'll know you can't effectively engage him with your AR now

They'll buy you a new one, they've bought me several new things before as well.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:42:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Well if you want some of my good luck I have more than enough....
Just yesterday I found some dumbasses eotech sitting in the hallway
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:43:31 AM EDT
[#4]
They "misplaced" an upper of mine for a few weeks.I kept trying to trace it after the shipper emailed me that it had been shipped.It got local in a few days then was "out for delivery" for two weeks! They kept telling me that I couldn't instigate a trace,that the shipper did.Long holiday weekend later, i reached the shipper.Few days later,it showed up,laying out in my driveway!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:46:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Even on ammo with an adult signature required, they ring my doorbell and leave it. I keep meaning to complain, but I'ma lways too busy to sit on hold for hours.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:50:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I have stuff sent my workplace, just for this reason.  Doesn't always work for everybody, although.  Look on the upside, at least UPS will buy you a new one.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:51:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Well if you want some of my good luck I have more than enough....
Just yesterday I found some dumbasses eotech sitting in the hallway

Ahhhh hahahahaha....funny shit.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:00:33 AM EDT
[#8]
UPS and FedEx have done their fair share of F*king up when I lived in an apartment. FedEx has left a Onkyo home theater receiver in front of my door. It was gone. UPS has left upper receivers and mags that have disappeared.

The best was when FedEx Home claimed that someone had signed for my Kahr PM9 barrel but it was nowhere to be found and the driver couldn't remember any details of which apartment he left it with. When I looked at the online signature, this was what I got:

To be fair though, I've found that it's more the driver than the company. Now that I've moved, my UPS driver is great. Usually shows up after I get home from work and the last time he was here, he helped unload my generator into my garage.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:53:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Even on ammo with an adult signature required, they ring my doorbell and leave it. I keep meaning to complain, but I'ma lways too busy to sit on hold for hours.

I found out last night that if you tell the automated phone system chick to go to hell and then hit 0 you will be transfered to a live person in about 15 seconds.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:10:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I found out last night that if you tell the automated phone system chick to go to hell and then hit 0 you will be transfered to a live person in about 15 seconds.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:00:36 AM EDT
[#11]
bump with update
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:06:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

UPDATE  The tracking now says it was delivered to a completely wrong address. About an Hour away in Woodbrige VA.

Thanks for the new EOTech.    I could use a spare.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:09:33 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the new EOTech.    I could use a spare.

Yeah really.  I wonder what the heck the person who got it is thinking.  A package is delivered to them that they did not order.  It's a wierd looking thing and it is marked "Law Enforcment and Military Use Only".

I'd half freak out if I was not into guns.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:13:59 AM EDT
[#14]
tag for later. I gotta go.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:47:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Tag
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:51:50 AM EDT
[#16]
What really happens at UPS:
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:56:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Shit! If UPS ever left anything valuable like that on my doorstep without getting me to sign, even IF it was there when I got home... I would report it GONE.

No siggy from me, no proof of de-lib-ery!!!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:58:54 AM EDT
[#18]

They also said I have to have the shipper start the trace. Not me. SO now I am waiting for the shipper to call me back so that I can tell them to hound UPS.

I hate that part. Why can't the end-receiver trace the package, as they're directly involved and have the best info about the fuckup.. noooooo, gotta leave it up to the seller/shipper to do it, who lilely don't care as much about it as you, and won't hound UPS like an angry customer can.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:12:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Ouch, man.

Our UPS guy is highly squared away and knows now
that if he knocks and nobody comes to the door to call
if it's somthing for me.

He'll leave Mrs. Goon's books at the door, but, if it's
titled "Tacticalsomethingoranother" or Ammosomthingoranother"
he'll call and, get one of us to the door, or tell us that there
is a package if we are out.

I met him at the door when he brought my last "Ammoman" order.

He says:   "I figgured you'd want to be gettin' this one!"

I've helped him lug in those precious brown boxes of joy a few times
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:19:35 AM EDT
[#20]
They lost a scope I bought once.  When I called about it on a Friday they had no clue where it was.  At 11pm I finally got a hold of someone who said they found it and that it would ship on Monday.  I'm local to the UPS hub so I ask if I can just come and pick it up - the answer is no.  The lady said that I would have to wait until Monday.  I told her that I'm glad I'm not a fucking diabetic and that she was withholding my testing supplies.  All she could say was "I'm sorry."  Cunt.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:59:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Well the good folks at Defense America are on the phone with UPS.  Defense America gave UPS the correct address, but some how UPS twisted the address into something not even close and delivered it there.

I am waiting for an update now.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:07:31 PM EDT
[#22]
I sold a handheld radio on eBay once.
UPS delivered it to the wrong address (across town).
The guy who received it said he never saw it.
Unfortunately, I was stupid and stuck with the $100 standard insurance.
I lost $150.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:23:49 PM EDT
[#23]
curious as to how this works out for you.

bump
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:28:41 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
What really happens at UPS:
members.cox.net/blarose1/packagegorillaswarehouse.jpg

Back right after high school, some of my drinking buddies all went and got a job at a delivery service (FedEx or UPS, don't remember which). The saddest part of that picture is, it's very close. The told that they used to practice their TV wrestling moves on the softer packages and things like that nearly every night.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:31:56 PM EDT
[#25]
tagaroo
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:32:05 PM EDT
[#26]
tag. got some stuff headed to my house right now via ups. my newegg order shipped in  4 boxes from opposite sides of the country. the ones sent standard UPS ground are "out for delivery"....the ones sent by UPS air are delayed for a few more days. go figure.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:46:32 AM EDT
[#27]

ANOTHER update
Defense America said UPS said they need 48 hours.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:48:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Oh dude...I'd be smokein' mad.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:37:45 AM EDT
[#29]
I had the exact same shit happen on a scope in December. UPS rule don't they?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:48:01 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Shit! If UPS ever left anything valuable like that on my doorstep without getting me to sign, even IF it was there when I got home... I would report it GONE.

Strangely enough, UPS just delivered an EOTECH 512 to my door last night and left it without a signature. I guess that MidwayUSA did not mark it as needing a signature. I live in a low crime area, so I consider it a benefit.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:24:30 AM EDT
[#31]
ANOTHER UPDATE
From Defense America:
Hi Michael,

Nothing back from UPS yet.  Since its been 48 hours, I will give them a call to see where they are.

Last time they let me know they had asked their driver to find the package he/she mis-delivered.

Highest Regards,
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:26:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Defense America is really doing a top notch job for me.  They have already been paid, and really, their end of the deal is done.  UPS is the one that screwed up.  But Defense America is sticking with me in trying to get me my package.  When this is all said and done I am going to go on an advertising compaign for them as far as I can go within board rules.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:00:34 PM EDT
[#33]
update on mine: everything arrived okay from UPS but the LCD flat panel display. Box it came in looked like someone played kickball with it. Got it out of the box, the styrofoam crumbled, screen was cracked and bleeding, and it wouldnt turn on.  Newegg overnighted me a replacement (via FEDEX) and is filing a claim with UPS on my behalf for the cost of the original.

FUCK UPS.

props to newegg, and fed ex, though.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:49:22 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
update on mine: everything arrived okay from UPS but the LCD flat panel display. Box it came in looked like someone played kickball with it. Got it out of the box, the styrofoam crumbled, screen was cracked and bleeding, and it wouldnt turn on.  Newegg overnighted me a replacement (via FEDEX) and is filing a claim with UPS on my behalf for the cost of the original.

FUCK UPS.

Glad to hear you are getting your stuff worked out.

I was debating ordering another EoTech.  Figuring that it will probably not get recovered, and if it does get recovered then I have two, and while not needed, it's not a bad thing.  But I am still hanging onto hope that the first one will be recovered.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:26:29 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FUCK UPS.

Glad to hear you are getting your stuff worked out.

I was debating ordering another EoTech.  Figuring that it will probably not get recovered, and if it does get recovered then I have two, and while not needed, it's not a bad thing.  But I am still hanging onto hope that the first one will be recovered.

Bring the fires of hell on UPS. You and I aren't the only ones who have experienced these sorts of fuckups with UPS.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:51:15 PM EDT
[#36]
YET ANOTHER UPDATE

FUCK FUCK FUCK!  UPS told Defense America that it was found a delivered this afternoon.  They said the driver said that they delivered it to was aware of the situation.  So I assumed it was left at the apartment leasing office as it should have been.

I called the leasing office and it was not there.  I got home and there was no sticker saying it was delivered.  I called UPS to raise hell.  UPS said it was found and supposed to be delivered today, but is not shown as delivered, contradicting what they told Defense America.  She said that maybe it was sent back to the shipper, or it is still out for delivery to me.  So I sent another message to Defense America and I am sure he will raise hell with UPS tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:55:07 PM EDT
[#37]
My Eotech was laying on my doorstep when I got home today...
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:03:59 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
My Eotech was laying on my doorstep when I got home today...

No shit, I had one on my doorstep.
It was addressed to someone in Virgina.
Go figure.
Thanks man!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:17:21 PM EDT
[#39]
UPS once "misplaced" a Humvee 80+lb alternator for three weeks somewhere in their local hub. Computer tracking said it was in there somewhere. They had no idea where. So I drove there. They told me I could look if I liked but they already had. This clearly wasn't true. It was a HUGE facility. I went home. Weeks later without any explanation it showed up on the porch. Jerks.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:48:43 PM EDT
[#40]

FUCKING BULLSHIT!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:54:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Have them fax you a copy of this signature. They have it. I don't know whose sig it is, but they have one. Unless of course they are lying...
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:54:53 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

FUCKING BULLSHIT!

+1

fuckin bullshit.

have a lawyer friend that could send em a scary lawyer-type letter?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:58:13 PM EDT
[#43]
You need to head on over to the UPS hub for a face to face.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:02:18 PM EDT
[#44]
UPS sucks.

My first cellphone was a Kyocera KX414.  Kyocera sent me a letter saying my battery was under recall and that I should send it back and the replacment would be UPS'ed to me.

Now I'm in a similar situation as mjohn, I live in a 20 building apartment complex.  There was a notice on my mailbox one day: "Final Notice." UPS "attempted" to "deliver" my package.  They "attempted" to "deliver" twice.  Bullshit, I was home all week, they could have stuck it in my mailbox or gone downstairs to our unit.  I went to the UPS office and asked them WTF.  They said there's nothing they could do.  I tried calling UPS to bitch them out.  They said they could do nothing.

Fuck UPS.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:05:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Take your EOTech-less rifle to the UPS office and use it as a visual aid to explain why you need your package.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:07:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Tag for outcome...  My UPS guy and FedEx guy both leave packages unsigned on my front porch.  Doesn't matter if it's a $10 thing from EBay, ammo or $1K of reloading equipment.  They always hide them but I'm always afraid that they'll eventually find legs and walk off.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:08:49 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Take your EOTech-less rifle to the UPS office and use it as a visual aid to explain why you need your package.

Kharn

"brilliant"

my tracking from ups  since the 9th

Billing Information Received

Shipped to: LEXINGTON, KY, US
Shipped or Billed on: 03/09/2006

Tracking Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Service Type: GROUND
Weight: 16.00 Lbs
Note: UPS has received shipper's billing information electronically. Billing information received does not indicate shipment pickup or drop-off. Please contact the shipper for more details.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:08:58 PM EDT
[#48]
That sucks man. I hope you get it straightened out. I just got mine yesterday and I KNOW how pissed I would be if I had found out that they gave it to the wrong person. I'm praying for your Eotech to come home safely.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:11:08 PM EDT
[#49]
As insane as it sounds, everything possible but ammo goes to my P.O. Box- insured, sig required. So far so good. Damn. I hate to tempt the gods this way. Forget you read this.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:12:44 PM EDT
[#50]

When you consider the "magic" of  giving a stranger a cardboard box and a couple of bucks and have it hand-delievered to someone else on the other side of the country 99% of the time in 3 or 4 days, well, it just isn't the end of the world.

It still does suck when the 1% is you.

Hope you get it soon.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top