Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 1:35:38 PM EDT
Anyone see this story:

cbs4.com/topstories/local_story_033170755.html

Now, its seems to me that even the LEOs on the board will agree that this stuff is over the line.  

If someone wants to make a complaint, should the officer sitting there intimidate them away from it?   Should a complaining person have to disclose the details other than in writing especially in a non-confidential environment where he has no idea what ties if any the officer he's speaking with might have with the officer being complained about?

Don't miss the video.   Officer is about to DRAW down on the guy for asking for a form.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:43:20 PM EDT
[#1]
South Florida?
Must be lawdog.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:44:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
South Florida?
Must be lawdog.

LOL...

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:44:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow!!!  Do all these officers read from the same playbook or what?  Like three of them at three different agencies all use the same intimidation techniques!!!!

1.  Get confrontational and demand ID/personal information.
2.  Accusing citizen of non-cooperation
3.  Asking things attempting to get citizen to incriminate himself and allow further action my the officer - to wit: "are you on medication?' and "this is very suspicious....I think it's very suspicious that you are here.....".

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:49:55 PM EDT
[#4]
There was a LOOOOOONG thread on this last month or so.

Hopefully instead of rehashing the thin blue line someone can resurrect the original.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:51:45 PM EDT
[#5]
IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE VIDEO, YOU NEED TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:52:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Dupe from yesterday.....

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=75&t=441492   from the Team forum

and a much bigger thread in GD

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=433787
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:54:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Dupe from yesterday.....

What's the link?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:57:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Those are some real live pieces of shit right there, I don't care where you're from.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:27:26 PM EDT
[#9]
OK so I know there's been a thread on this BUT there is ACTUALLY VIDEO on the link I've given, and the video's not discussed in G.D. as of yet.

I would like to know why people think its such a big deal to have, you know, a form to complain on.

Put as much verification requirements as necessary on the form, and severely criminalize false reports, but bottom line:  If someone IS mistreated by a police officer, they are going to worry about not only the blue wall, but about the person they 'speak' to about it getting the information to the officer.

I had a client that was neighbor's with a police officer.  The officer did a boundary violation and zoning issue.  My guy called the planning office, the planning office red tagged the home, and within a week, my client, his wife, and his son had each been pulled over, harassed, and ticketed multiple times EACH (by different officers) for violations ALL of which were thrown out in court.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:19:09 PM EDT
[#10]
ouch
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:48:08 AM EDT
[#11]
It appeared that the officer who challenged the reporter to "take a step forward and see what happens" unsnapped his taser, not his firearm.  I'm not trying to justify his behavior, just an observation,
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:57:18 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Wow!!!  Do all these officers read from the same playbook or what?  Like three of them at three different agencies all use the same intimidation techniques!!!!

1.  Get confrontational and demand ID/personal information.
2.  Accusing citizen of non-cooperation
3.  Asking things attempting to get citizen to incriminate himself and allow further action my the officer - to wit: "are you on medication?' and "this is very suspicious....I think it's very suspicious that you are here.....".

don't forget asking if they have psychological problems, that is cute.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:04:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Whoa...

That vid is kinda disgusting.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:11:02 PM EDT
[#14]
So why do some people distrust police again?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:29:10 PM EDT
[#15]

That is waaaaay out of hand!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:36:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Not installing Flash to watch it.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:47:48 PM EDT
[#17]
And people wonder why I dont trust law enforcement.What a bunch of Hot heads!I would say half of those guys have no buisness being police officers especially the first jackoff.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:57:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Good post.  The first 2 interviews show it all.  The first is how things should be, and the second is exactly what's wrong with law enforcement today.  That whole tapping the gun... see what happens... thing was pretty close to aggravated assault in my opinion.  That officer should be booted off the force.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:59:39 PM EDT
[#19]
That guy needs to see a shrink.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:40:46 PM EDT
[#20]
I count 3 who should be hanged or locked up (after due process, to-wit: verification by a judge that the man to be hanged is the officer in the video). There's no excuse whatever for the 3 worst examples (the "take one more step and see what happens" guy; the piece of shit who keeps demanding that the citizen "hand me your ID" when the ID is being presented about 1/2" from his hand, and his partner). That's abuse of authority, and great suffering should be inflicted on the officers involved. Not a reprimand or suspension, but real suffering. That wasn't a matter of goofing up and doing a job badly; it was deliberate intimidation for no lawful purpose.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:45:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Not installing Flash to watch it.  

Nothing wrong with flash, and if you dont have flash your missing out on ALOT on the web.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:06:13 PM EDT
[#22]
The boots on those thugs are quite jacked...
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:09:15 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Now, its seems to me that even the LEOs on the board will agree that this stuff is over the line.  

one would hope
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:19:28 PM EDT
[#24]
How about halfway into the vid where the two cops follow the guy into the parking lot and demand to see ID and then threaten him with a ticket for improper backing.

Holy mother of Josephus. Sometimes I wonder if we are in a time warp all the way back to 1940s Germany.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:14:47 PM EDT
[#25]
What would have happened if the reporter had taken that step with the first cop?

There is a reason you keep seeing cop bashing in forums. Police abuse is a real problem. Most of us are white male conservative Americans. We work monday through friday at a 9to5. We pay our bills and taxes. We rarely have a problem with cops. Infact most people on this forum know a couple because of their passion for shooting sports. But there is alot you don't see.
  I am a low income person. I work and pay my bills and most of my taxes. I have 3 kids. My tags are expired sometimes. My insurance lapses. For a couple years I was behind on childsupport and my liscence was suspended. I still had to drive to work. I got to meet alot of cops. Most don't bother you driving to and from work at normal hours. However once the heavy comercial traffic slows down its a scary damned place to be. I have met cops that are alive only because it was illegal to kill them. I have also admired a couple. I never did go to jail but that would not have pissed me off (I was breaking the law). I have had my car searched 5 times. I have been pulled over for an expired tag (when it was'nt) and searched. Had tickets writen for a bald tire (failed the penny test) while driving home from work at 11:00pm from a fastfood job. That cost me 50% of my take home pay that check.
   I got a ticket for speeding on 12/23/02. I was driving a 1978 chevette that was rusted all to hell. It also had no heat. This was my emergency car. I had my wife and infant daughter with me. We were coming home from Win-Dixie. I was pulled over by the highway patrol. He asked me all the questions. Where ya goin. Where ya been. Where you live (he could read my damned liscence). Have any weapons (yes). In the mean time my family is freezing. He then stated I was speeding. He said I was doing 76 in a 65. I swear to you and god I was not speeding. That car sounded like it was going to explode at 70. He wrote me the ticket. Ran my serial number on my pistol. Ran my driversliscence etc... it took 45 mins or so. At that time everything was 100% legal. My daughter had a fever the next morning. The ticket raised my insurance (which I droped as a result). Xmas sucked that year.
    I have also witnessed a cop kick a guy in the balls and knee drop him after simply asking him his name. Cop thought he was somebody else. He was responding to our niehbors domestic call. The guy that got racked in the nutts was our houseguest from out of town. This happend in Palm Bay Fla. There were no forms there either. We did go down and talk to the sergeant. We have no idea if anything came of it. Our house guest did'nt believe in lawsuits. I could go on for a while but its late.
     For all the cops that manage to perform their duties in a professional manner and with courage and RESPECT, thankyou.
     To the ones that think I am a criminal because I am poor FU!
     To the ego maniacs that are trying to get revenge for whatever F'd Up thing that happened to you, stop. Go be a gym teacher or somthing.
   Most of all, to you good cops out there. Its not cool to look away. Remeber why you are there. Never lose respect for the people.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:33:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Good thing a dog didn't walk in there with a question.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:57:22 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Most of all, to you good cops out there. Its not cool to look away. Remeber why you are there. Never lose respect for the people

Truth.

Good post.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:17:27 PM EDT
[#28]
tag
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:21:07 PM EDT
[#29]
tag for later
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:44:27 PM EDT
[#30]
+1

Its bad that the good LEO's get sterotyped because of a few POS cops.

FREE

Quoted:

Quoted:
Most of all, to you good cops out there. Its not cool to look away. Remeber why you are there. Never lose respect for the people

Truth.

Good post.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:05:35 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
+1

Its bad that the good LEO's get sterotyped because of a few POS cops.

FREE

I agree. Bad things should happen to bad people. Nothing bad should happen to - or even be said about - a person because he works at the same job as some bad people.

Although institutions and training are getting scarier and scarier, it is still true that most of the time, most police officers are assets to the community.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:54:25 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

one would hope

Yeap.  The fuckface who tapped is Taser and said "Step forward and see what happens", should be ganged raped by a bunch of prison inmates.  He completely goes overboard with a harmless person who is asking for info.

In the many of those cases, improper PR was displayed.  

But... remember... those LEO deal with that kind of BS day in and day out, minute after minute.  People are always fuckin' with them and it takes little for some of those guys to get into a certain kind of mindframe or "zone", if you will.  I dont condone anything negative inthat video, but I understand what went on.  Many of you non-LEO wont understand.  Live and let live, and be careful judgeing how someone walks when you have yet to walk in their shoes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top