Posted: 2/21/2006 1:08:35 PM EDT
What was this guy thinking?  

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/traffic/7298991/detail.html?rss=dgo&psp=news
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:12:43 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
What was this guy thinking?  

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/traffic/7298991/detail.html?rss=dgo&psp=news

There appears to have been very little thinking going on.

Bet it was Dad's car.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:21:06 PM EDT
[#2]
poor car... there were only 49 made...
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:21:58 PM EDT
[#3]
it's about that easy! probably stolen in the first place.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:24:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

400 made
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_Enzo_Ferrari
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:25:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:29:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

400 made

so the value of everyone elses Enzos just went up 0.25%!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:35:13 PM EDT
[#7]
what an ugly car  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:37:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
what an ugly car  hr

I agree completely. They might be incredible performers but they have do not have looks to match.
James
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:43:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

400 made

Whoops! mixed it up with something else...
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:51:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:54:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Estimated value $1,000,000. Dammmmmm
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:26:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I hope the stupid twit's insurance company denies the claim.  What a freakin' moron.

He was probably racing an '85 IROC-Z or some hopped-up mosquito, oops I mean 2Fast2Furious car.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:32:26 PM EDT
[#13]
http://www.wreckedexotics.com/enzo/
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:14:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Ugly?  The most beautiful exotic ever to me.  Ranks just slightly behind lush cleavage.

And the "worth up to a million dollars" is typical media ignorance.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:16:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I'm sure anyone who has one can afford another one.....

Technically, yes.  But you couldn't just go "buy" one.  They only people to get them were hand-picked by Ferrari.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:19:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Fast and Furious street racing FTW!!!

What a crock!

The owner blew a .09 and claims some German named Dietrich, who ran off after the crash and vanished, was driving.

Video and story:
cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_052110615.html
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:40:45 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't think thats gonna buff right out!!!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:02:18 PM EDT
[#18]
An Enzo!? I thought it was an F40! What a waste either way.

It's a testament to the car's design the driver and passenger weren't hurt even as the car split in two.  Was it lucky? I say yes.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:05:35 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Technically, yes.  But you couldn't just go "buy" one.  They only people to get them were hand-picked by Ferrari.

and the owner of that one, just got moved way down the list for any future Ferraris.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:07:45 PM EDT
[#20]
That is painful to look at.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:13:39 PM EDT
[#21]
What's going to be painful is what happens when those commuters catch up with the driver.  There are no alternate routes available for most of PCH out there, and even when they can get around they go way around Robin Hoods barn to get to work.

"Why are you late this time?"  "Some putz found out his buddy couldn't race his Ferrari."
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:39:11 PM EDT
[#22]
lock him away forever for being responsible for one less Enzo torquing the Earth.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:46:08 PM EDT
[#23]
I watched some auction where an Enzo sold for around 180...

I loved how the video kept saying ONE MILLION DOLLARS (they need a little mini-me holding his pinky to his mouth when they do that)
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:48:43 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Maybe not. Brand new they cost $640k. If he could find another one it would easily be double that.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:50:19 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Estimated value $1,000,000. Dammmmmm

Yep, it's true.... they are selling from 1.2 - 1.5 mil., an F-car dealer threw me out of the dealership and some F-car owners weren't so nice to me.... I did a lowball offer for a used Enzo (w/ 3k miles on it) last year.....

According to the folks at the F and L car forums, the owner is Stefan Erikkson.... I believe the same guy who was in trouble with the law a few years ago.... used to be a CEO for a gaming console....

I'll call the insurance company for that Enzo, maybe they'll sell it to me for cheap..... talk about a neat project car.....

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:51:11 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I loved how the video kept saying ONE MILLION DOLLARS (they need a little mini-me holding his pinky to his mouth when they do that)

Maybe an old ratted F40 or GTO, but no way can you find any Enzo anywhere for "around 180"
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:51:58 PM EDT
[#27]
I have to say one thing -

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:10:43 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Where did the auction took place?

I'm fairly sure, it wasn't an Enzo, the least expensive one I've seen was $1.1 and the dealer won't go below it..... if you can find one under 800K let me know... Keep in mind, they were only $650k brand new but when I pointed that out to the F-car dealers, they were offended.....

Thanks.....

PS: I've been looking for one for over a year, ended up with an L-car instead...
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:52:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Well, that's one of the good points about a Ferrari. They are actually designed to keep from killing you if you crash them at 100 + MPH.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:56:06 AM EDT
[#30]
A totaled Enzo sold for over $400,000 about 18 months ago.  The pictures I've seen of that wreck are NOT an Enzo.  To every media mouth jerk any red Ferrari that is red and not a Modena is an Enzo.  Idiots.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:58:13 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Well, that's one of the good points about a Ferrari. They are actually designed to keep from killing you if you crash them at 100 + MPH.

If you manage to crash a Ferrari, because you can't handle it, there should be a mechanical hand that deploys out of the dashboard and bitch slaps you until you gain some sense.

100+ mph, with light traffic, on a limited access road, in a Ferrari....................... shouldn't equala crash.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:00:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Ferrari Enzo:

Sorta looks like an Enzo to me....
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:01:16 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you manage to crash a Ferrari, because you can't handle it, there should be a mechanical hand that deploys out of the dashboard and bitch slaps you until you gain some sense.

100+ mph, with light traffic, on a limited access road, in a Ferrari....................... shouldn't equala crash.

No arguement here.

Idiot crapstains who buy these cars without knowing how to handle them or where to use them ought to be banned from owning them.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:06:39 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
A totaled Enzo sold for over $400,000 about 18 months ago.  The pictures I've seen of that wreck are NOT an Enzo.  To every media mouth jerk any red Ferrari that is red and not a Modena is an Enzo.  Idiots.

These two look like pictures of a gut pile from road kill.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:30:43 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The "passenger" was drunk. Stupid fooker.

"Eriksson "had a .09 blood-alcohol level, but if he's a passenger, that's OK," Brooks said. "But he had a bloody lip, and only the air bag on the driver's side had blood on it. The passenger-side air bag did not. My Scooby-Doo detectives are looking closely into that."
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:34:31 AM EDT
[#37]
I'll keep an eye on Ferrari Chat but that front wheel is definitely NOT an Enzo wheel.  And exotic Ferrari owners are not known for butchering up million dollar cars with after-market wheels.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:40:35 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I'll keep an eye on Ferrari Chat but that front wheel is definitely NOT an Enzo wheel.  And exotic Ferrari owners are not known for butchering up million dollar cars with after-market wheels.

Maybe not the majority of them, but then again I'd bet that most don't get legally drunk and then play Fast and Furious on the highway either.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:41:30 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Of course they are.

Lots of celebrities and celebrity types put new wheels on the car FIRST THING.

People who actually love cars as opposed to wanting drivable testaments to ego don't mess with Ferraris. But the ego types can and often DO.

I have seen brand new sports cars shipped to a place for 50 or 60 grand in custom crap before the owner ever takes posession of it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:44:24 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

It's not unusual to take off the original wheels/tires on a Ferrari to keep them from getting damaged on the street or track.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:56:34 AM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:14:13 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

LoL, about 6 months ago I saw a show, one of those customize my car ones. they should how they had to make special wheels because the Enzo has one nut wheel hubs.

Their are two kinds of people who buy these exotics, poeple who like to drive fast, and hip-hop asshole who like to look like they are going fast.  These assholes are the same that butcher cars on Pimp My Ride and the other crappy shows.

Oh, there are also the retarded Saudi princes who do stunts on traffic packed roads.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:15:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Garden - several of the Enzos have been wrecked.  Google or check Ferrari Chat and read about the two guys in Italy that tore an Enzo in half at estimated 150+ mph.  And on a two lane road at night nonetheless!!

As for the after-market wheels I would agree that for the track some owners would have multiple wheel and tire set-ups.  But, I'm not sure there even is an after-market wheel for an Enzo and the guys that own those cars typically don't let them anywhere near a track.  (Those cars are rolling status symbols and not likely to used like a lightweight racer.)   In fact they sign an agreement as a condition of purchase not to even let a car magazine test or take the car to a track.

The bottom line is those cars don't have computer controlled suspensions to "help" keep a driver out of trouble and 600+ HP in a 3,100 lb. car is virtually uncontrollable.  Just wait until the guys start turning off the active control in the new 505HP Z06s...... we will see the same thing.  Horrific wrecks.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:19:04 AM EDT
[#44]
The car was owned by Stefan Eriksson.  According to many sources it is an Enzo.  Even Wikipedia lists him as an owner.

Based on the attached article he may not be able to afford one soon.

Kent
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:21:13 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe an old ratted F40 or GTO, but no way can you find any Enzo anywhere for "around 180"

You would be lucky to find a broken F-series car for 180K.  They were made to be collectables, and there is not a ton of parts around.  Not to mention a lot of these cars get wrecked by goobers like we see here.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:35:12 AM EDT
[#46]
The only thing I want to know is, did the engine get hurt and if not, where is it?

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:10:33 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
The only thing I want to know is, did the engine get hurt and if not, where is it?

Look up at the pictures.
It ejected into the street.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:17:57 AM EDT
[#48]
i know how you feel 888  I offered to trade in my Impala for one...he said he would knock off 3k "because its YOU..." (pointing finger).

If you see one for under $500 (dollars, not K) let me know...
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:03:53 PM EDT
[#49]
www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-ferrari3mar03,0,1423392.story?coll=la-home-headlines

Story takes another twist.  Homeland Security cops showed up on scene?   San Gabriel Valley Transit Authority cops??  Blood on driver airbag, cut lip on only know occupant (who said a German was driving it,)..involved lawyers on the board of San Gabriel Valley Transit Authority....????

This may become a potboiler!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:13:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top