Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2001 10:18:36 AM EDT
Did anyone happen to catch today's GUNTECH? First Jim's talking about gunrests, then the Brownell's catalog, then Weaver binoculars, THEN he walks over to his other bench and there sits a beautiful bolt action Barret .50 caliber rifle!! Then to top it off he bends down and picks up a SEMI-AUTO version! Man, if I only had an extra $7,100 lying around.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 10:22:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 10:35:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I here you, that fifty, those big bullits, wow.

I shoot IDPA and wish that these guys would do the drills with sights and non-compensated guns so I could get the real vision of seeing how the gifted reaquire sight pictures after a full 40 - 45 - 357 recoil.

Gotta go - shotgun Journal on OLN.

God, I love being a gun nut. The new Dillon Cover- boy, I would buy that for a dollar. [spank]
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 11:32:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 11:42:11 AM EDT
[#4]
It was a very good show. Is TNN still trying to get rid of it? Also, is it just me or does the show seem to come on at a different time each week? I would like to say that I thought you did pretty good with thos six shots considering that you were shooting what looked like a 1911 with full power 45 loads while he was shooting a tricked out race gun with down loaded rounds.

Matt
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 12:06:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 12:13:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Great show today, if I ever hit the lottery I'll have me one of those 50's. Those bad boys make me drool.

And I've gotten in the hang of catching the show on Saturdays.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 12:51:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Jim..

THANKS for American Shooter !!

(It's pretty much the only reason I have a satellite dish.)

Link Posted: 8/11/2001 8:57:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey Jim, don't make fun of us New Yorkers...Some of us know what IDPA means!!

lol...although, there are probably a few soccer moms around here that don't...
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 9:45:00 PM EDT
[#9]
EXCELLENT SHOW THIS WEEK!

I enjoyed the wheel gun segment, amazing how fast they accomplish reloads!  

I also liked the .50 caliber segment.  I was at the Florida Defensive Carbine Club's meet at the Osceola Free Gun Range a few weeks ago.  I actually got to shoot a Barrett M82 twice.  I couldn't believe how smooth and easy it was to shoot (good thing its a heavy rifle, with recoiling barrel and stiff springs).  Wish I could afford one, or any .50 cal for that matter.

BTW...thanks again mystery .50 cal owner  (he must have let 20-30 different people shoot it that day at his expense)

Steven L.  

Edited to let everyone know that the M82's bark to bystanders is much worse than its bite. (at least to the shooter)
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 4:51:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 4:56:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 5:34:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Hey Jim,
The show this week was excellant!!!!!

I really loved how you handled yourself with the Barrett's.
But mostly how you never missed a step and that you never even came close to mentioning the outcry for the Banning of the .50's.

You worked it just like it was any other Rifle or Shotgun sold at any old sporting goods store.  
"Just another firearm"

Now thats Classy smooth. [;)]

Thanks for hosting a great family show.
My 2 daughters 4&6 love you and the show.
We [b]all[/b] appreciate your Positive attitude and safe gunhandling. And the Family atmosphere you impart in your episodes. My girls really like seeing other girls and kids shooting too.

Have you seen the new Cavalry Arms Cav15 Rifles?
It is totally cool and very innovative use of Long glass Injection molded into an AR15 stock and receiver.

I think it would make a good feature for your Gun Tech or even a Full review of the Processes
used in the development right up to Firing for groups.
They are even being sold in that Brownells Catalog you have there. [:)] I believe.

Here is a pic of 1.
But not the latest generation,
which I think is even nicer. [:D]

Thanks again,
Del

[url]wsphotofews.excite.com/011/gr/Cp/yX/yz27698.jpg[/url]
Edited to link the picture, to save space.

Link Posted: 8/12/2001 6:10:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 7:47:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Jim, great show, as usual. I really like the fact that you come on and shoot after Rob. I mean he shoots and I sit there with a slack jaw. The guy is just phenomenal. Then you, a mere mortal shoots, and I get a better idea of what to realistically expect of my shooting.

Keep it up.
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 8:20:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Damn!  I missed it. I just looked at the show schedule, is their any plan in the schedule to show it again on Sunday?  I guess I will have to wait until they rerun the series to see the show.
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 8:56:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Jim,

Glad you liked the rifles I built for you. In all fairness, the bolt gun has an aluminum reciever, hence the lighter weight. The brake reduces felt recoil by 73% on either model. The long shove by the semi and the effectiveness of the brake are what makes the M82A1 such a dream to shoot.

The bolt guns aren't too bad if you are prepared for it. You are shooting a 23 lb rifle with a cartridge generating 56,000 psi chamber pressure. The bolt guns aren't so bad.
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 9:24:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Hey 50Cal, Do you work for Barrett? Recommend an accurate ammo?

I weigh less than 160lbs and love shooting my
Barrett M99.

Love the show Jim, haven't caught it in a while though, Summer time keeps me out of the house!

Working on sighting it in for fall Deer season this year. Should be interesting. We've got shots up to about 550yrds with an 80 Acre bowl to shoot in.
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 12:20:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Hey Jim, another fan here.  I just thought of something you might use on your show.  A while back I read an article, possibly in Small Arms Review, that compared the performance of the AK-47 with the Stg-43.  Assuming you can get by the PC BS, I bet it would make a great video segment.
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 1:04:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 4:04:30 PM EDT
[#20]
COZ,

If you can find it, Lake City API is about the most accurate arsenal loaded ammo out there.

On the pricey side, Arizona Ammunition has real accurate stuff.

M33 Ball ammo, LC 94 is your best bet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top