BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/9/2006 7:48:32 PM EDT
The "God Hates Fags" Left
By Mark D. Tooley
FrontPageMagazine.com | February 9, 2006

He started out by demonstrating at the funerals of AIDS victims. He demonstrated at the funeral of the young homosexual, Matthew Shepard, who was murdered in Wyoming. For reasons somehow relating to homosexuality, he demonstrated at the funerals of Frank Sinatra, Barry Goldwater, Ronald Reagan, William Rehnquist, and children’s program host Mr. Rogers. He warned Senator Pat Moynihan beforehand that he would be demonstrating at his funeral, too.
Now he is demonstrating at the funerals of U.S. military personnel killed in Iraq to celebrate the deaths of those killed while defending a "fag" nation. He also demonstrated at Coretta Scott King’s funeral, not for reasons relating to race, but because she agitated on behalf of "queers."

In response, several states are now considering legislation banning demonstrations at funerals. He is their main and probably only target.

He is Pastor Fred Phelps of the Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kansas. And his "God Hates Fags" theme has earned him an unending stream of media attention over the last 15 years.

Media have commonly described Phelps as a "Baptist pastor" and "anti-gay activist," with the implication that he was simply a more aggressive component of the Religious Right. Nation magazine included Phelps in a profile about the "The Radical Right After 9/11."

Phelps celebrated the 9/11 attacks and the more recent al-Qaeda strikes in London as the just recompense of Western decadence. He supported Saddam Hussein and has been appreciative to Fidel Castro. Phelps is probably more appropriately described in psychiatric than political terms. But his political roots are in the Democratic Party, having run for office in Kansas five times, and actively supported Al Gore in 1988 and 1992 before turning against him.

More careful media coverage acknowledges that Phelps’ ostensibly Baptist church is "unaffiliated" and comprised of only his family members, whose compound of houses is assembled around the church and its swimming pool used for baptisms.

Phelps, now age 76, has demonstrated outside the Bush Ranch in Crawford, Texas. He has demonstrated against conservative religious activists James Dobson, Jerry Falwell, and Pat Robertson. He has demonstrated against the Southern Baptist Convention. His targets span the full political and theological spectrum. Anyone who does not share his insistence that God reserves a special hatred for homosexuals is worthy of the Phelps treatment.

Such a calling in life might be lonely. But Phelps himself is aggressively patriarchal, with 13 children and at least 50 grandchildren. At least 10 of his offspring are lawyers, like him (though he has been disbarred). Legal challenges to his campaigns of hate are met with aggressive and litigious responses, which often earn the Phelps’ rich court-awarded penalties from their targets. The Phelps family is quite insistent on their First Amendment rights. Thanks to their legal prowess, Westboro Church does not accept contributions from outsiders. They are not needed.

The white-haired, Mississippi born-preacher often rants and shakes before hanging up on reporters or pushing away their microphones. With authentically hateful rhetoric, large brood and shag-carpeted Kansas church, he is almost the perfect embodiment of what some isolated Manhattanites in their most fevered dreams might imagine a red-state zealot to be. But Phelps, with dreadful consistency, exceeds even the worst stereotype.

Phelps’ story merits a file cabinet full of psychological analysis. According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, which monitors "hate groups," among which Phelps proudly numbers, he was ordained at age 17. He rejected his mild Methodist upbringing, cut-off his family, and dropped out of both West Point and Bob Jones University. Time magazine profiled him only a few years later because of his street ministry against sexual vice in California. Phelps married young and moved to Topeka to pastor a Baptist congregation, where his violent behavior ended his pastorate. So he founded Westboro Baptist. But that congregation quickly melted away and Phelps resorted to door-to-door sales work.

After fathering his 13 children, Phelps became a lawyer and specialized in nuisance law suits. He also compelled his children to sell candy door to door every day to fund the church and the family, which are basically interchangeable. The Kansas Supreme Court eventually disbarred Phelps because of "little regard for the ethics of his profession."

But in the 1980’s Phelps won several civil rights-related cases, earning him three awards from civil rights groups, including a local chapter of the NAACP. He also supported the 1988 presidential bid of Al Gore, whose campaign used Phelps’ family office space. Son Fred Phelps Jr., who had hosted a fundraiser for Gore, attended the 1993 Clinton-Gore inaugural. When invited to the 1997 inaugural, the Phelps clan came to Washington, but this time to demonstrate against the Clinton-Gore administration for betraying them. The Phelps family would also demonstrate at the funeral of Gore’s father in 1998. In 1990, 1994, and 1998 Phelps ran for the Democratic nomination for governor of Kansas, getting 15 percent of the primary vote in his last try. In 1992, he ran for the Democratic nomination for U.S. Senate, getting nearly 31 percent of the primary vote.   He also ran for mayor of Topeka in 1997.

In the early 1990s the Phelps clan began its picketing at the funerals of AIDS victims. Their protests at the 1998 funeral of Matthew Shepherd earned Phelps his first international notoriety. His website, www.GodHatesFags.com, also made a splash.

Phelps wrote Saddam Hussein in 1998, opposing U.S.-led sanctions against Iraq and offering to visit Baghdad. Saddam accepted the offer but must have been perplexed when the Phelps clan showed up in the streets of Baghdad with placards denouncing anal sex. Phelps has also commended the anti-homosexual policies of Fidel Castro, who declined Phelps’ offer to come to Havana.

After the 9/11 attacks, Phelps celebrated that God was rightly punishing America for not hating homosexuals. The subway attacks in London persuaded Phelps that Great Britain also was being justly damned. Sweden has likewise become a special target. The 2004 tsunami that killed hundreds of Swedish tourists was divine retribution, Phelps surmised, and he started up www.GodHatesSweden.com.

"WARNING!!! To God's Elect: Leave Sweden NOW!!!," the website warns about a country that Phelps perceives is especially permissive about homosexuality. Sweden’s monarch Carl XVI Gustaf is called the "King of Sodomite Whores." Phelps’ Sweden-focus got him Swedish media attention and the threat of litigation from King Carl, which Phelps eagerly reported on his website.

Age is apparently catching up with Phelps, and he does not attend all of the demonstrations now. His children and grand-children fly around the country taking care of that. Several of Phelps’ children have turned against him, claiming physical abuse during their childhoods. But the rest of the offspring seem to have remained dutiful.

Phelps professes a unique form of Calvinism that insists on God’s "perfect hatred" for the unrighteous, among whom homosexuals are chief. It is a brand of Calvinism, not to speak of Christianity, that would be foreign to anyone outside of the Westboro Church compound.

At his funeral demonstrations, Phelps insists his targets are now justly in hell. "God is not mocked," the old firebrand declares, himself now approaching the age when the warning might be instructive.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:50:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah - because if there's anything that the LEFT really focus on, it's their hatred of homsexuals.  

These morons are neither "left" nor "right", they are just morons.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:52:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Too true sir...I'm waiting for them to don white Nikes and do a "heaven's gate" dissapearing act.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:56:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Phelps is a total loon, but lefty he is not.

It's completely disengenuous to pass him off on the liberals. He is what happens when you go too far right.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:57:31 PM EDT
[#4]
+1
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:58:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yeah - because if there's anything that the LEFT really focus on, it's their hatred of homsexuals.  

Just because you "disagree" (incredibly strongly) with a major issue for a ceratin party doesn't mean you aren't on that side of the spectrum. I'd say supporting Al Gore, Fidel Castro, and running for office multiple times as a democrat are some pretty good evidence that he is (or at least has been) a lefty....
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:58:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I can smell the guy from across the state line
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:13:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I hate to have to say it, but that idiot is in for a VERY unpleasant suprise when he dies.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:24:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Did this guy get bent over sometime in his childhood?  Guy is a straightup candidate for a straight jacket.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:28:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Color me unsuprised.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:30:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm gonna dig up the pics of when they came to protest at our university last year

Pics shortly
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:31:41 PM EDT
[#11]
cant a mob of three hundered people tear him apart?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:36:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Some of the highlights

Anyone wanna volunteer to break that skinny fuck in half

I have no words

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:57:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Once these guys began protesting at soldiers' funerals, I began to suspect that the whole God Hates Fags group were liberals posing as extreme rightwingers in order to make people think all Christians and conservatives were bigoted, crazy homophobes.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:38:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Once these guys began protesting at soldiers' funerals, I began to suspect that the whole God Hates Fags group were liberals posing as extreme rightwingers in order to make people think all Christians and conservatives were bigoted, crazy homophobes.

Or they could just read any of your posts on the subject....and get the same idea.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:45:24 PM EDT
[#15]
He is probably a red hot homo. These guys that are rabidly vocal about homos, are usually gay themselves.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:50:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
He is probably a red hot homo. These guys that are rabidly vocal about homos, are usually gay themselves.

Please don't fall for the liberal theory that "homophobes" really have suppressed homosexual desires. Basically they say that if you don't like gays, that really means you want to fuck them.
Using that train of thought, I don't like Hitlery Clinton, that means I want to fuck her!
I dont like terrorists, that means I want to fuck terrorists.
My shoe hates it when I get gum on it, so my shoe wants to fuck gum!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:57:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Fred Phelps is into anything that promotes Fred Phelps...period. Protesting is his business and he's good at it. The only reason he's protesting soldiers funerals is because it gets him media attention.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:01:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please don't fall for the liberal theory that "homophobes" really have suppressed homosexual desires. Basically they say that if you don't like gays, that really means you want to fuck them.
Using that train of thought, I don't like Hitlery Clinton, that means I want to fuck her!

I don't know about that...I think the guy who posted this has some homoerotic issues

How does anyone know the shooter wasn't a deranged fagosexual himself? Maybe he gets off on killing other fags. Homosexuals will do all kinds of sick things they find gratifying. They will fuck anything, anywhere, anytime, alive or dead, adult or child, animal or human, mammal or reptile. The more obscene and disgusting it is the more they like it.
They average ghey would probably like to spend the night on his knees in a public toilet drinking sperm from anonymous fat guys and slurping the piss off the floor while smearing themselves with diarrhrea shit and fucking themselves up the ass with an aborted fetus's amputated leg so I have no doubt they would also get off shooting up a bunch of their fellow fairies in fag bar then go home and masterbate furiously to internet pictures of Nazi war crimes before collaspsing in tears in the corner.

They also vote Democrat.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:06:32 PM EDT
[#19]
How come if I smack my kid on the butt for punching his little sister the Child and Family Services SWAT Team kicks in the front door, but these freaks are putting children in ALL KINDS of endangerment by putting them at ground zero at a hate rally and nobody does a thing about it?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:11:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
How come if I smack my kid on the butt for punching his little sister the Child and Family Services SWAT Team kicks in the front door, but these freaks are putting children in ALL KINDS of endangerment by putting them at ground zero at a hate rally and nobody does a thing about it?

Because the "sheeple" in office are lunatics!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:27:00 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

While it may be true sometimes, it is rarely the case.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:29:35 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I do think some people who passionately hate homos do so because they're homo.  That doesn't mean all people who hate them are though.

Actually, I had a friend in high school who was this way.  He was always fag bashing.  Turned out he was gay.  I was oblivious, of course, and never saw it coming when he hit on me.  It was then that I understood why he was shocked when I stripped in front of him.

On a related note, I'm pretty sure my labrador retriever is a fag.  He just has a certain quality about him.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:32:03 PM EDT
[#23]
I think its the ones going around accusing people of being "homophobic" who are the closet fags.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:36:15 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do think some people who passionately hate homos do so because they're homo.  That doesn't mean all people who hate them are though.

Actually, I had a friend in high school who was this way.  He was always fag bashing.  Turned out he was gay.  I was oblivious, of course, and never saw it coming when he hit on me.  It was then that I understood why he was shocked when I stripped in front of him.

On a related note, I'm pretty sure my labrador retriever is a fag.  He just has a certain quality about him.

I think you're right, this is the case sometimes. I just don't think that it's very common at all for what the left deems "homophobes" to be homos themselves.

Granted, the liberal definition of "homophobe" is basically anyone who is either Christian or doesn't attend gay pride rallies...
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:40:00 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I think you're right, this is the case sometimes. I just don't think that it's very common at all for what the left deems "homophobes" to be homos themselves.

Granted, the liberal definition of "homophobe" is basically anyone who is either Christian or doesn't attend gay pride rallies...

Yup, that's exactly it.  Part of the problem with that theory is that they so broadly define "homophobe."

But there are some guys who are just so damn vocal about hating fags that you have to wonder.

This friend in HS I referred to literally brought up how much he hated homos every 5 minutes.  In retrospect, I couldn't figure out why I didn't catch on sooner -- I guess because I was pretty naive.

But seriously, my labrador wants to take it in the ass.  I can tell by his walk.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:48:55 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

It's completely disengenuous to pass him off on the liberals. He is what happens when you go too far right.

No, Freddie isn't too far to the "right".

Fred Phelps is a unique brand of stupid that is not derrivative of anything other than perhaps a lack of oxygen to the brain.

Someone who praises Sadaam Hussein and Castro cannot in any way be classified as a right winger.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:11:04 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

BULL

Did you actually read the story... if he is not a leftist what the hell is he.

His life long associations are with the left not the right.

He is a leftist.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:31:40 AM EDT
[#28]
I disagree, He is neither too far left or too far right. He has created his own brand of stupidity that cannot be defined by a party.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:37:30 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, a homophobe has an unreasonable fear of gay people.  And what armed and retarded said was the extremely vocal ones.  Just not liking someone is not the same as being an outspoken jackass.  The extreme fear or hatred.   Not just dislike.  Hatred, dislike.  Understand the difference?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:42:27 AM EDT
[#30]
They funny thing is that even though people disown his ideals as being removed from the typical Christian opinion, these threads tend to derail into gay bashing and discussions of how bad gayness is according to the Bible.  Kind of ironic.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:44:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Geez... This guy is NOT a Right winger and he is NOT a Christian.

/why does this thread look so familiar?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:44:16 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Yeah, I agree. Homosexuality is wrong so real Christians want to kill homosexuals? Doing drugs is wrong so real Christians want addicts killed? I think they have highjacked the movement and are trying to drive it by pretending to be in the lead.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:46:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Phelps will be on hand to hold the gates of hell open for the other hatemongers.  He is American Taliban.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:48:50 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:51:04 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
They funny thing is that even though people disown his ideals as being removed from the typical Christian opinion, these threads tend to derail into gay bashing and discussions of how bad gayness is according to the Bible.  Kind of ironic.

The behaviour is wrong. Many behaviours are wrong. People are just people. Libs can't get their minds around that and unfortunately some Christians can't either. BTW I hate Zucinni. I don't go out of my way to destroy Zucinni but don't appreciate people putting it in my face. I am polite when offered Zucinni but decline to partake. Does that make me a Zucinniphobe?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:51:05 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

He is more of a moderate liberal.  The real lefties are carzy.....
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:02:45 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I'm far right.

He is left of me.

Thus, your statement is wrong.

He is an attention whore. Period. Neither right nor left.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:12:07 PM EDT
[#38]

They showed up at the main gates Of Fort Campbell yesterday. Hundreds of family member of Fort Campbell soldiers and Many local supporters showed up to help drown the M*th*erF*ck*rs out .  I watched the local news hoping to see an out of control car take a few of them out. Didn't happen.
  What really pisses me off about them is that they have small children out there picketting with them.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:42:16 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BULL

He is a leftist.

That's just nuts........what makes Fred a leftist? that a one time he called himself a democract?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:02:05 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I agree. Homosexuality is wrong so real Christians want to kill homosexuals? Doing drugs is wrong so real Christians want addicts killed? I think they have highjacked the movement and are trying to drive it by pretending to be in the lead.

Nope.....there are people who just hate homosexuality the sin, and then there are people who just hate homosexuals . They are easy to pick out on this board and in real life.....
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:03:45 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Nope.....there are people who just hate homosexuality the sin, and then there are people who just hate homosexuals . They are easy to pick out on this board and in real life.....

Yup.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:30:56 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BULL

He is a leftist.

That's just nuts........what makes Fred a leftist? that a one time he called himself a democract?

So you did not read the story either…

He also supported the 1988 presidential bid of Al Gore
Attended the 1993 Clinton-Gore inaugural
Phelps ran for the Democratic nomination for governor of Kansas
He ran for the Democratic nomination for U.S. Senate
Phelps wrote Saddam Hussein in 1998, opposing U.S.-led sanctions against Iraq

That is more than simply calling himself a Democrat one time. A life long DEMOCRAT and LEFTIST.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:47:32 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

That is more than simply calling himself a Democrat one time. A life long DEMOCRAT and LEFTIST.

Where do you get leftist?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:42:51 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Where do you get leftist?

I think trying to pin Phelps on one end of the political spectrum or the other is just plain silly.

Some people are their own brand of stupid.

The only "philosophy" he seems to subscribe to is hatred for homosexuals. He doesn't really seem to give a gosh darn about anything else. If you hate homosexuals or make any decisions that could be detrimental to homosexuals, he seems to like you.

If you do anything short of beating and killing them, he thinks you are a homosexual activist and that God is personally going to ram a lightning bolt up your rear-end.

That isn't descriptive of right or left wing thought.

It is descriptive of a guy who has an irrational obsession with an issue that he has allowed to poison his mind.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:53:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Someone needs a dirt nap.

God wont put up with his crap for long.

FREE
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:08:38 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

FREE

Unfortunatly, its been going on far too long.  I'm in Lawrence now, but grew up in Topeka.  I hate that fucktard with every fiber of my being.  He protested my dads funeral in '99.  My father died from lung cancer, and he was a law prof at Washburn.  There was a lesbian on the staff, so he picketed his funeral.  I think they need to find some deathrow inmate and let him "escape" and do a number on these kooks.  

Ted
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:57:34 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

The only "philosophy" he seems to subscribe to is hatred for homosexuals. He doesn't really seem to give a gosh darn about anything else. If you hate homosexuals or make any decisions that could be detrimental to homosexuals, he seems to like you.

If you do anything short of beating and killing them, he thinks you are a homosexual activist and that God is personally going to ram a lightning bolt up your rear-end.

So when will ol Fred be over to picket the John_Wayne777 household.......you ol homosexual supporter.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:37:26 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FREE

Unfortunatly, its been going on far too long.  I'm in Lawrence now, but grew up in Topeka.  I hate that fucktard with every fiber of my being.  He protested my dads funeral in '99.  My father died from lung cancer, and he was a law prof at Washburn.  There was a lesbian on the staff, so he picketed his funeral.  I think they need to find some deathrow inmate and let him "escape" and do a number on these kooks.  

Ted

Sorry to hear that, man

--------------------

Better than seeing the phelps guy get killed (or any of his cronies) would be to get them in prison. Can you imagine the buttloads of "fun" they would have being cellmates with Big Bubba for ten or twenty years?

It would be such irony, the old fart having to spend the rest of his life having (wonderfuly involuntary) "sleepovers" every night in the slammer....
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:09:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Don't be shocked when he gets caught with some dudes dick in his mouth.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:27:15 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

That is SUCH an excellent question! At all the gay pride parades I've been at I felt worst about the kids (typically in full "suits" and elaborate dresses, per their gender end of JUNE in Ohio...!) usually encouraged to hold hate-filled signs.

Frankly, even w/o the possibility for violence, were I a very conservative straight hatemonger... I just o not think subjecting CHILDREN to EITHER my hate, OR the parade would seem like a good idea... I mean we're talkin' drag queens, scantilly clad males and females, topless females, some attractive, some w/NO business going topless... plus the whole "they are bad and evil and sad" message that TENDS to be used, but AT the parade... no one particularly fits any of those adjectives.... got to be confusing on SO many levels to a little kid.

Quoted:
I think its the ones going around accusing people of being "homophobic" who are the closet fags.

I a'in't even SEEN a closet in years! Phobe!

Quoted:

Quoted:

The behaviour is wrong. Many behaviours are wrong. People are just people. Libs can't get their minds around that and unfortunately some Christians can't either. BTW I hate Zucinni. I don't go out of my way to destroy Zucinni but don't appreciate people putting it in my face. I am polite when offered Zucinni but decline to partake. Does that make me a Zucinniphobe?

Depends on how often you feel the need to express your dislike OF Zuchinni. Do you feel the need to go on, and on, and on (and on) about how much you dislike Zuchinni when someone offers you some? If yes, then, probably so. If you just do a polite, "No thanks." Then probably not. Therein lies the difference. If you CAN BE and usually ARE reasonable about something, you are unlikely to be obsessed by it.

Do you start topics about the evils of zuchinni? Start topics whenever you discover a celeb likes Zuchinni? Start a thread whenever zuchinni hits the news in any capacity? Signed up for "news alerts" from one of the internet new servics so that you are always "in the know" whenever zuchinni is IN thne news? If yes, then yes, you probably are. If these all sound ludicrous, probably not

Quoted:

Okay....
-I didn't support any bid of Al Gore for prez.
-Have never attended ANY innaugural.

-Have never run for any office, but I've been registered as a Republican in 1984, (because, where I lived at the time, and NOW you didn't GET to vote for ANYTHING in the primaries if you were registered as EITHER Democrat OR Independant, an I wanted to VOTE!) Then I moved t Columbus, Ohio later that year, and the following election year (1986) registered as a DEMOCRAT. Stayed registered as a Democrat until the 2000 election then registered as a Republican, basically, in an attempt to get a Republican who was LESS likely to WIN in the general election in via the primary... didn't work out that way. :/
-Voted for Badnarik in 2004, (Libertarian Candidate)
-Voted for Nader in 2000 in the general Election (Green Party)
-I despise Saddam Hussein, and supported U.S.-led sanctions against Iraq
So are you suggesting I'm a right winger????

A+B doesn't ALWAYS = C.

Quoted:
Better than seeing the phelps guy get killed (or any of his cronies) would be to get them in prison. Can you imagine the buttloads of "fun" they would have being cellmates with Big Bubba for ten or twenty years?

It would be such irony, the old fart having to spend the rest of his life having (wonderfuly involuntary) "sleepovers" every night in the slammer....

I've always been a fan of poetic justice myself... but that man is his wn brand of fugly! I think it's the hate that shines through, corrupting the form. Not certain he'd REALLY see that much "action"... of course, since he sufferers from diarreah of the mouth... he'd piss someone off enough... but likely, unless they were INTELLIGENT enough to figgure it out  (and, if intelligent, what are they doing innjail?) they'd probably just kill him... we could always hope it would at least be painful. (And, no, that's NOT very Christian of me... I never said I was perfect... far from it... there's a VERY short list of folks who I'd put in the same/similar category. I can forgive someone when they WANT forgivness... he doesn't, and his behavior is beyond condemnable, NO ONE (even semi-rational) disagrees.... so... nada.

If he STOPPED his BS hatemongering, stopped terrorizing his family and was really repentant and sorry, THEN I'd think otherwise... it would be a bit of a challenge... butubtil then... nope.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top