Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2001 3:24:42 PM EDT
I'll bet no one in either camp wants to see this ruling.  The Anti's are afraid that it will go against them and that SCOTUS will uphold.  The pro side is probably afraid it will go against them and SCOTUS will uphold that.  I am beginning to think we will never see a ruling.  The political pressure must be pretty enormous on those justices and I'll bet they have had a few calls in the last year from the higher ups.  

I wonder if there is a time limit before they must rule one way or the other.  Any lawyer types know?
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 3:28:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm with you.  How long does it take to make a decision?  It's been what, 13 months since the oral arguments?

S**t or get off the pot!
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 5:35:38 PM EDT
[#2]
This is why I have Little Faith in Courts, remember Florida supreme court.

^
Allege handgun control master plan for TOTAL
Gun Confiscation Dis-Armament.
[url]www.RKBA.org/antis/hci-master[/url]

Revelation 13:18
[url]http://www.digitalangel.net/da/tech.htm[/url]  

Never Again, Never Forget
Seek the Truth
Liberate Your Mind

FIXED BAYONETS

VX
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 7:50:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Alan Gottlieb, chairman of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms says the Federal 5th Circuit Court of Appeals which is deciding the Emerson Case is known for taking a longer period of time to do historical research on Constitutional matters such as what the Founding Fathers wrote about the 2nd Amendment.

This Court does it's Homework well and when they release their Decision I think Sarah Brady and Josh Sugarman are gonna have heart attacks....
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 8:11:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Bolt is right about the slow wheels of justice.  I'm still waiting for a decision on a class action arbritration for an event that took place over SEVEN YEARS ago.  The second set of arguments was only filed a few months ago.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 10:55:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Be patient my son!!
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 4:05:41 AM EDT
[#6]
It doesn't matter what it says, we know what the 2nd means.

Simple as that.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 6:00:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Whoa, [b]hielo[/b] is correct.

Just because the Supreme Court says something is or is not constitutional doesn't mean that it is or isn't, in the grand scheme of things!

Just ask [b]Dred Scot[/b], if the SCOTUS had the final word on slavery. Or Mr. Plessy if SCOTUS was the final word on 'separate but equal' as being constitutional. Or Mrs. Skinner if SCOTUS was correct on forced sterilization of citizens with low IQs.

If and when the SCOTUS gives us the [b]incorrect[/b] 'interpretation' of the Second Amendment, then my response will be similar to Thomas Jefferson's response to a negative ruling by the SCOTUS during his presidency -

[size=4]Chief Justice Marshall has made his decision, Now let us see him enforce it![/size=4]

Of course, we know that an anti-gun decision by the SCOTUS will be gleefully enforced by the powers of darkness, but at least we will know where we stand! Finally!

Eric The(AndItMayBeOur'FinalStand'AtThat!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 8:06:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Exactly Eric, exactly.

These rights were given to me by my god, not by any men (or women).

No matter what their response, I will still exercise my rights as I always have.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top