Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2001 9:53:31 AM EDT
WHY LIBERALS SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO SERVE ON JURIES

Outrageous recent court cases...

1.) January 2000: Kathleen Robertson of Austin Texas was awarded $780,000.00 by a jury of her peers after breaking her ankle tripping over a toddler who was running amuck inside a furniture store. The owners of the store were understandably surprised at the verdict,considering the misbehaving tyke was Ms. Robertson's son.

2.) June 1998: A 19 year old Carl Truman of Los Angeles won $74,000.00 and medical expenses when his neighbor ran his hand over with a Honda Accord. Mr. Truman apparently didn't notice someone was at the wheel of the car whose hubcap he was trying to steal.

3.) October 1998: A Terrence Dickson of Bristol Pennsylvania was exiting a house he finished robbing by way of the garage. He was not able to get the garage door to go up, the automatic door opener was malfunctioning. He couldn't reenter the house because the door connecting the house and garage locked when he pulled it shut.The family was on vacation, so Mr. Dickson found himself locked in the garage for eight days. He subsisted on a case of Pepsi he found,and a large bag of dry dog food. This upset Mr. Dickson, so he sued the homeowner's insurance claiming the situation caused him undue mental anguish. The jury agreed to the tune of half a million dollars and change.

4.) October 1999: Jerry Williams of Little Rock Arkansas was awarded $14,500.00 and medical expenses after being bitten on the buttocks by his next door neighbor's beagle. The beagle was on a chain in it's owner's fenced in yard, as was Mr. Williams. The award was less than sought after, because the jury felt the dog may have been provoked by Mr. Williams who, at the time, was shooting it repeatedly with a pellet gun.

5.) May 2000: A Philadelphia restaurant was ordered to pay Amber Carson of Lancaster Pennsylvania $113,500.00 after she slipped on a spilled soft drink and broke her coccyx. The beverage was on the floor because Ms. Carson threw it at her boyfriend 30 seconds earlier during an argument.

6.) December 1997: Kara Walton of Claymont, Delaware successfully sued the owner of a night club in a neighboring city when she fell from the bathroom window to the floor and knocked out her two front teeth. This occurred while Ms. Walton was trying to sneak through the window in the lady's room to avoid paying the $3.50 cover charge. She was awarded $12,000.00 and dental expenses.

7.) And just so you know that juries sometimes have people on them with a brain in their head:
Kenmore Inc., the makers of Dorothy Johnson's microwave, were found not liable for the death of Mrs. Johnson's poodle after she gave it a bath and attempted to dry it by putting the poor creature in her microwave for, "just a few minutes, on low," The case was quickly dismissed.

[b][Taken from AK47.net][/b]
[b]All Rights Reserved[/b]
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 10:05:32 AM EDT
[#1]
All the more reason for professional juries.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 10:12:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Do not be surprised if I tell you that some cases are settled by the insurance companies and then used as justifications for raising their premiums.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 10:16:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I like that so did my boss especially the poodle one.

Some people are only alive because it is illegal for us to kill them!
[sniper]
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 10:36:09 AM EDT
[#4]
now before I go on , I feel very sorry for the kid who was paralized in this accident but,  This kids parents are suing Ford, Firestone, and the dealer where they bought the SUV from because tehy had a rollover accident when they swerved to avoid a deer and flipped the vehicle.
There was no mention of any tires shredding or anything.  You know this dude cranked the wheel to miss the deer and lost control-now its everybody elses fault but his.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 11:47:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I am going to sue all womenz for making me exist a hostile living environment.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 1:06:36 PM EDT
[#6]
One of two things is true for all of these cases:

1) Either we don't know the whole story behind it, or

2) The judges should be shot for allowing the cases to come to trial at all.  At the very least they should have been thrown out of court during the testimony period.

Oh, and 2a)  The juries should be required to undergo IQ testing to make sure they have a collective intelligence greater than the average rutabaga.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 1:39:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
WHY LIBERALS SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO SERVE ON JURIES

Outrageous recent court cases...

[snip...]

[b][Taken from AK47.net][/b]
[b]All Rights Reserved[/b]
View Quote

Unfortunately all these are hoaxes - Urban Legends.  (The "poodle in the microwave" should've tipped you off.)

I hope no one on AR15.com shows the world what a moron they are by forwarding these to other boards like reconxl did.  Plus, adding the little blurb about Liberals and turning this into a political statement makes Conservatives everywhere look like idiots.

You people [b][i]should[/i][/b] know better than this.  But then again, I never cease to be amazed at the stupidity that flies fast and furious on the Net.

Get a clue, people.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 2:15:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Heres one for you. Remember the 13 yr old who shot a teacher on the last day of school down here in Fla? The teachers widow sued a pawn shop for selling a .25 caliber Raven to the kids grandmother 14 years ago! The insurance company settled and hushed the whole thing up, but it was BIG bucks. I dont remember the exact figure but I think it was $180,000
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 2:26:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's one thats coming up. Recently, Asian illegal immigrants, pending deportation, here in Australia went on a rampage in the detention centre at Villawood, in Sydney's west.

The riot squad had to be called in, to 'subdue' the bastards.

Now these Asians are suing the Govt for undo stress, and injuries (black eyes etc). Is'nt this fucken shocking. And they are bloody illegals!!! What is our country coming to?

And will they win, with our limp wristed 'poofter' govt, bending over backwards for these people, hell yes! what a joke. We are so fed up with this continiuos bullshit from these so called 'assylum seekers'. They just milk us and laugh at us. We don't want them here.

If it was their own country, they would have already made the trip to the soccer field, been shot, and their famililes would have got the bill for the bullet.

Send 'em all back to where they bloody came from.

Regards,
One irritated
1feral1
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 3:52:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I hope no one on AR15.com shows the world what a moron they are by forwarding these to other boards like reconxl did.  Plus, adding the little blurb about Liberals and turning this into a political statement makes Conservatives everywhere look like idiots.

You people [b][i]should[/i][/b] know better than this.  But then again, I never cease to be amazed at the stupidity that flies fast and furious on the Net.

Get a clue, people.
View Quote
No flame intended, Steel_Rat, but when old ladies get mega$$$ rewards for burning their crotches with hot coffee, I don't find these "urban legends" that much of a stretch.  Ditto to the one pointed out by tc6969 - the wife DID sue and the pawn shop [i]settled out of court[/i] for an undisclosed but large sum of money because the insurance company didn't want to risk it.

Now, believing this stuff without researching it might seem stupid, but in comparison with the [b]real[/b] decisions coming out of our "legal system", I don't think so.  Next time I'll want a link to a newspaper story, though.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 5:13:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't forget the $3,000,000,000 jury award to that sick smoker.  Which since has been reduced to $100,000,000.

A new trial is forthcoming if the greedy bastards don't accept the new sum.

Also, was it $4,000,000,000 that was awarded to the greedy family who's son died in the GM truck with sidesaddle fuel tanks?  The size of this ridiculous amount was also reduced significantly.

Tell me, who the F is worth this kind of money?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top