Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/10/2001 8:13:49 AM EDT
I was hanging out with my girlfriend's nephew and we were watching cartoons before he had to go to school. One of the cartoons was about a white mouse planning on ruling the world. I asked him what would he do if he ruled the world.
He replied,"I wouldn't start school so early in the morning."
Kid's pretty deep. It's good to know that I can have a deep conversation with an eight year old.

What would you do if you ruled the world?
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 8:16:12 AM EDT
[#1]
From Office Space...."Two Chicks"
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 8:20:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Must be Pinky and Brain.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 8:25:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What would you do if you ruled the world?
View Quote

SteyrAug's got the right idea.

I would be surrounded by Britney and Katie Holmes for starters.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 9:19:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Every store would sell Levis 501 jeans and Every bar would serve Guiness stout on tap.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 9:29:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Every store would sell Levis 501 jeans and Every bar would serve Guiness stout on tap.
View Quote

Someone's gonna tell you that Levi's is an anti company.

They have been known as such.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 9:40:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I second that on the Guiness. A black and tan sounds really good right about now.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 9:46:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I would disarm everyone except for my "police force".  I would then have that police force kill anyone who disagrees with my policies and "ideals".  Any competition to my rule would be met with the assassination of all involved.  The media would be under my direct control as would all religious houses.

Once I have everyones attention and my rule is unopposed, I could build a beautiful eutopian world with free cheesy poofs and magic beans for all.

oh yea, if you're caught drinking one of those pisswater type American beers, you'll be labeled mentally unstable and turned into soylent green for some crime to be named later.

Link Posted: 8/10/2001 9:47:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Someone's gonna tell you that Levi's is an anti company.

They have been known as such.
View Quote

They might be an anti company, but they are still an American Icon. Just because I wear Levi's doesn't mean I agree with their philosophy on guns.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 9:51:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Once I have everyones attention and my rule is unopposed, I could build a beautiful eutopian world with free cheesy poofs and magic beans for all.

View Quote

Magic beans? I want to live in your world.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 10:37:03 AM EDT
[#10]
In my youth, I went to Ireland and drank many a Guiness Stouts.  One night I was standing at a bar in a pub, having just finished my 15th Guiness or so, and the barkeep handed me another.  I took a look at that soupy heavy luke warm frothy motor oil that passes as beer, and suddenly realized that it sucked.  I poured it in the urinal and got a Fosters.  Even that was not too great, as they have apparently not discovered the merits of refridgeration over there.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 10:50:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Just because I wear Levi's doesn't mean I agree with their philosophy on guns.
View Quote

No,it doesn't.  It just means you give your money to support those who would prefer you be a helpless subject.

Your money, your business.  Just doesn't sound very smart to me.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 10:53:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
From Office Space...."Two Chicks"
View Quote

Think I'd start with the Olson twins.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 11:04:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just because I wear Levi's doesn't mean I agree with their philosophy on guns.
View Quote

No,it doesn't.  It just means you give your money to support those who would prefer you be a helpless subject.

Your money, your business.  Just doesn't sound very smart to me.
View Quote

How can a company that makes clothes begin to make anybody a "helpless subject?" Are you that pathetic? And this thread is about being the ruler of the world, not a debate on anti's.
If every car maker in the world was anti gun, would you stop driving cars? Are you that narrow minded?
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 11:15:09 AM EDT
[#14]
.... and when I'm supreme ruler of the world, petty bickering and name calling will end (except at sporting events).

Those who continue will be subject to my dungeon where the culprits will learn "perspective" as they are repeatedly "buggered", hit with pain sticks and will have one close friend or family member executed in front of them.  That should be enough to teach them what is important.

Do I know how to create a "Utopia" or what.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 11:15:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 11:18:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 11:20:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 11:23:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Celt is 100% right!!!
I will not give my money to any business that supports those who will attempt to deny me my freedoms!!! [%(]

Anyone who knowingly supports anti-freedom & anti-gun groups are nothing but sheeple with tunnel vision that don't have a clue as to what's wrong with this country.

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 11:39:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
.... and when I'm supreme ruler of the world, petty bickering and name calling will end (except at sporting events).

Those who continue will be subject to my dungeon where the culprits will learn "perspective" as they are repeatedly "buggered", hit with pain sticks and will have one close friend or family member executed in front of them.  That should be enough to teach them what is important.

Do I know how to create a "Utopia" or what.
View Quote

LOL, I think poker parties, strip joints, and beer gatherings should be included in the allowed bickering area.[:D]
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 11:44:19 AM EDT
[#20]
How can a company that makes clothes begin to make anybody a "helpless subject?"
View Quote
 By financially supporting a political agenda that will ultimately affect us.
Are you that pathetic?
View Quote
Huh?  That has to do with what. exactly?
And this thread is about being the ruler of the world, not a debate on anti's.
View Quote
I apologize.  I shouldn't have dragged freedom into an important thread.
If every car maker in the world was anti gun, would you stop driving cars? Are you that narrow minded?
View Quote
Well, yes, I might...if that makes me narrow minded, guilty. My principles are pretty firm.  But, as I said, I also believe what you do with your money is your business.  That's how you got the California you enjoy today.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 11:47:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 11:51:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

LOL, I think poker parties, strip joints, and beer gatherings should be included in the allowed bickering area.[:D]
View Quote

Under my rule, poker parties, strip joints, and beer gatherings will be the main support for the new economy.  Except beer will be free, and so will strippers and hookers.  Although visits to "the clinic" will be heavily taxed.

Ok, some bickering will be allowed in these places, unless the topic has anything to do with putting down the Supreme Ruler.  Then you get turned into Soylent Green.

Link Posted: 8/10/2001 12:32:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
How can a company that makes clothes begin to make anybody a "helpless subject?"
View Quote
 By financially supporting a political agenda that will ultimately affect us.
Are you that pathetic?
View Quote
Huh?  That has to do with what. exactly?
And this thread is about being the ruler of the world, not a debate on anti's.
View Quote
I apologize.  I shouldn't have dragged freedom into an important thread.
View Quote
Well, yes, I might...if that makes me narrow minded, guilty. My principles are pretty firm.  But, as I said, I also believe what you do with your money is your business.  That's how you got the California you enjoy today.
View Quote

That pretty much says it all

mike
View Quote

That says nothing. It's just one person's opinion. That person is so narrow minded that he can't see the trees in the forest.
IMO, California is the best state in the union. Gorgeous plastic women, hundreds of miles of beaches, year around summer, and opportunities everywhere. Of course there are problems, but what state doesn't have problems? I can live without an AR-15 if it means living in California. It's not like I take out the gun every day to shoot cans or paper targets.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 12:37:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 12:40:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Ummmm, then, besides a place to come and invert your metaphors, why are you wasting your time on an AR15 site talking to a bunch of narrow minds?
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 12:47:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 12:49:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Ummmm, then, besides a place to come and invert your metaphors, why are you wasting your time on an AR15 site talking to a bunch of narrow minds?
View Quote

I'm just saying what would YOU give up just to have the privilege of owning your gun? If I was GOD, and thank GOD I'm not, and I said you can keep your gun, but you have to give up your son/daughter. Would YOU? Of course not. Is the gun more important than your loved ones? It's just a gun.
I wouldn't call this a waste of time. Some of my best conversations are with people who don't agree with me. If everyone agreed with everyone about everything, what the heck would you talk about? It's just too bad we couldn't pull up some chairs and pop open some beers and talk about this.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 12:51:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 12:51:50 PM EDT
[#29]
AR-15.com... The only place I know where a thread about Pinky and the Brain and ruling the universe can be turned into a political debate concerning a jean manufacturers ideologies, California bashing, a general rant and a slam fest.

I swear, some of you people are going to die lonely and bitter after living a life without any fun.  If the sun is shining where you live, go out and soak some in.  It'll do ya a world of good.  Think I'll do the same.

Link Posted: 8/10/2001 12:52:11 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm just saying what would YOU give up just to have the privilege of owning your gun
View Quote

Good question.

I would give up my life for YOU to have the privilege of owning a gun.

Pretty narrow, huh?
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 1:02:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm just saying what would YOU give up just to have the privilege of owning your gun
View Quote

Good question.

I would give up my life for YOU to have the privilege of owning a gun.

Pretty narrow, huh?
View Quote

Wow, really? You're that passionate about gun ownership? You would give your life for me, a guy who's just so-so about gun ownership? Don't get me wrong, I agree with you to a certain degree, but damn, that's going pretty far, in my book.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 1:06:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 1:06:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
AR-15.com... The only place I know where a thread about Pinky and the Brain and ruling the universe can be turned into a political debate concerning a jean manufacturers ideologies, California bashing, a general rant and a slam fest.

I swear, some of you people are going to die lonely and bitter after living a life without any fun.  If the sun is shining where you live, go out and soak some in.  It'll do ya a world of good.  Think I'll do the same.

View Quote

Stealth, it's just good clean fun to pass the time until I get into my BMW to leave work.[:D]
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 1:08:51 PM EDT
[#34]
John,

Does being, as you put it, "so-so" about gun ownership make it so hard to understand those with much stronger convictions? I don't mean to speak for Celt, but I think he's really referring to defending ALL of your rights as listed in the Bill of Rights and the Amendments.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 1:14:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
i think you will find it's not one person's opinion but the opinion of several thousand "narrow minded" members here.
Your attitude is the reason Kali has turned into a shithole. Yes i said shit hole. I have been to kali several times and frankly was not impressed. Obnoxious liberal idiots everywhere you look. I'm sure there are good people there but i never saw any.
Go get back into your bmw and hand your life over to your state government. As for me i prefer to live my own life in a free state. Hopefully you'll get to read this before your power goes out again.

mike
View Quote

Damn, what part of California did you go to? Next time you're here, come down to Laguna Beach. I'll personally show you around and I guarantee you'll meet a lot of really cool people. And you'll get to ride in my BMW.[:D]
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 1:23:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 1:25:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
John,

Does being, as you put it, "so-so" about gun ownership make it so hard to understand those with much stronger convictions? I don't mean to speak for Celt, but I think he's really referring to defending ALL of your rights as listed in the Bill of Rights and the Amendments.
View Quote

I think you're right, Wadman. To me it's just a gun, but to some it represents a lot more.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 1:34:39 PM EDT
[#38]
What do you think firearm ownership means to people such as Celt?
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 1:42:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
What do you think firearm ownership means to people such as Celt?
View Quote

I'm not sure. He reminds me of a guy who belongs to PETA. He thinks all testing on animals is wrong and he also would lay his life down for an animal. Kinda similar to Celt laying his life down for a gun. I just think it sounds too ultra-radical.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 1:48:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Okay, so it's just for a gun. Like PETA is for animals. And there are no other factors or issues?

Assuming you've perused this forum for awhile, you haven't noticed threads regarding rights and freedom, government tyranny, etc? If you did see such thread topics, did you not click them?

-----

Would you accept the possibility that you may be drastically wrong? If so, would you be willing to take the effort to perhaps understand how people really feel and why they feel that way?
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 1:52:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 1:59:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 1:59:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Would you accept the possibility that you may be drastically wrong? If so, would you be willing to take the effort to perhaps understand how people really feel and why they feel that way?
View Quote

Wrong about what? I'm just saying I wouldn't lay my life down for a gun or an animal. A person, yes, a gun or animal, no.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 1:59:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Did I mention free beer?  

As Supreme Ruler, I would not allow pee-pee whacking by baliffs.  You have to whack your own pee-pee's in the privacy of your homes.

And no kissing and making up.  All fights concerning principles will be to the death and in a public arena.  Of course if the prevailing viewpoint is in conflict with mine, you will be executed for treason.

Link Posted: 8/10/2001 2:08:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Did I mention free beer?  

As Supreme Ruler, I would not allow pee-pee whacking by baliffs.  You have to whack your own pee-pee's in the privacy of your homes.

And no kissing and making up.  All fights concerning principles will be to the death and in a public arena.  Of course if the prevailing viewpoint is in conflict with mine, you will be executed for treason.

View Quote

All hail StealthWorld!!!! And bow down to the Almighty Stealth!!!!! *Bows deeply to my new ruler while opening a free beer*
Would you prefer my leige, my lord, your highness, Ceasar, mighty one, or supreme being?
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 2:10:21 PM EDT
[#46]
In THIS context, not some hypothetical burning building, but re an oppressive government or unlawful intrusion situation, how do you expect to "lay down your life" in any meaningful way?  Without the means to inflict same on the attacker, it would be a futile final gesture.

Don't fall on the perp's knife so he can gut you, shake you off of it, then attack your wife, KILL HIM, with, uhhh, a GUN.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 2:18:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Don't fall on the perp's knife so he can gut you, shake you off of it, then attack your wife, KILL HIM, with, uhhh, a GUN.
View Quote

You mean like an illegally converted HK SP89? How ya doing Citadel? Long time no see or hear. Where are ya shooting since they closed Burro Ranch?
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 2:20:42 PM EDT
[#48]

I'm not sure. He reminds me of a guy who belongs to PETA. He thinks all testing on animals is wrong and he also would lay his life down for an animal. Kinda similar to Celt laying his life down for a gun. I just think it sounds too ultra-radical.
View Quote

Well...I was going to go away quietly, but I'd better put in one more.....

I didn't say I'd die for a gun.  I said I'd die for your right to own one.  Here are my core beliefs on the matter, then I'll shut up:

One of the constants of human nature is that there will always be some who would control others.  Sometimes they are more powerful, by virtue of numbers, or physical strength...and they get their way.  In 6000 years of history this has always resulted in misery to one degree or another.  The only, repeat, only thing that prevents them from having their way is the presence of armed men, and women, on the other side.
Once you are unarmed, you are, at the end of the day, helpless...and dependant on the virtue of others for your life.  Not all in power are virtuous.  Yes, there are many steps between here and the end of the day...the courts, laws, on and on....but they have all proven failable.
The only difference between a slave and a free man is the possession of arms.  The only difference.
Let me ask you this, John.  If I walked into your house and said, "Let me tie you up"  I would imagine your response would be, "What do you plan to do, that you want me tied up when you do it?
I ask those who feel I should be disarmed, "Why?  What do you plan to do that you couldn't do if I were armed?"

I wouldn't really be dying for your right to own a gun.  My father already did that for you.  I'd be dying for your freedom, and that of your children.  If you would do the same for me, thank you.  If you wouldn't....it doesn't change anything.

Celt out.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 2:20:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Less harsh gun laws for us law obeying citizens, plenty of ammo, plenty of places too shoot. Lots of Girlies yeah Girlies!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 2:27:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well...I was going to go away quietly, but I'd better put in one more.....

I didn't say I'd die for a gun.  I said I'd die for your right to own one.  Here are my core beliefs on the matter, then I'll shut up:

One of the constants of human nature is that there will always be some who would control others.  Sometimes they are more powerful, by virtue of numbers, or physical strength...and they get their way.  In 6000 years of history this has always resulted in misery to one degree or another.  The only, repeat, only thing that prevents them from having their way is the presence of armed men, and women, on the other side.
Once you are unarmed, you are, at the end of the day, helpless...and dependant on the virtue of others for your life.  Not all in power are virtuous.  Yes, there are many steps between here and the end of the day...the courts, laws, on and on....but they have all proven failable.
The only difference between a slave and a free man is the possession of arms.  The only difference.
Let me ask you this, John.  If I walked into your house and said, "Let me tie you up"  I would imagine your response would be, "What do you plan to do, that you want me tied up when you do it?
I ask those who feel I should be disarmed, "Why?  What do you plan to do that you couldn't do if I were armed?"

I wouldn't really be dying for your right to own a gun.  My father already did that for you.  I'd be dying for your freedom, and that of your children.  If you would do the same for me, thank you.  If you wouldn't....it doesn't change anything.

Celt out.
View Quote

Point taken. Dying for the idealogy, yes, the gun, no. In this regard, I agree with you 100%.
Because of California law, I'm the proud owner of several illegal firearms.[:D]

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top