Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2001 1:52:47 AM EDT
eom
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 2:00:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I am afraid the only way to keep your weapon newlooking is not shoot it. Besides that..a light coat of CLP for cosmetic purposes keeps my receivers nice and black. They all have scratches from range use though.

The real ugly scratches can be touched up by a pen or metalcoat in the desired or matching color.

HTH

Kuiper
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 4:16:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I like to use Outers gun oil spray.  It's a little thicker than Rem-oil and keeps the rifle looking good.  For touchup I just use a a plain ole magic marker.
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 4:16:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 4:57:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Birchwood-Casey's--SHEATH

Bill Wilson recommended it for his .45 acp handguns.
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 4:58:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Best substance to keep you AR looking good???

Beer and Jack Daniels.

Look what they do for some of the chicks you guys bring home from the bars!!!!!!  [:D]

[beer]

Link Posted: 2/21/2001 5:29:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Does anyone here use Armor-All on their furniture?
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 5:31:18 AM EDT
[#7]
For looks after cleaning, CLP works great, also an old armorers trick is  to use a black cloth to wipe the outside of the rifle down after application of CLP.  Other color rags, especially white or shop rags, leave lint that can be seen after wiping the rifle.  Try a good black, cotton rag (old T-shirt or polo type shirt works great).  You won't be disapointed.

Also proper protection with a good hardshell case is necessary.

An just be careful with how you handle the rifle at the range, etc.
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 11:40:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Just shoot the goddamn thing and don't worry 'bout the way it looks! It was meant to be enjoyed. Just keep it in good working order, shoot it as much as you can, and let let your heirs argue about it in the will!!
Link Posted: 2/22/2001 2:40:59 AM EDT
[#9]
I find a that little Jim Beam keeps everything looking good.
Link Posted: 2/22/2001 4:26:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
garandman,your speaking from experiance also i'd guess? [V] [;)]
View Quote

Actually, I don't drink alcohol. I like being in control of ALL my bodily functions.

besides, I've already got a beer gut, without drinking ANY beer.  [:D]
Link Posted: 2/22/2001 4:54:18 AM EDT
[#11]
I wonder if I am the only one who uses Formula #3 by KleenBore.

Anyway, I have been using such for all my guns and will speak highly about it.

Try it!
Link Posted: 2/22/2001 6:11:49 AM EDT
[#12]
My gunsafe.  Just send it to me.
[grenade]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top