Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/3/2006 1:25:27 AM EDT
NEW YORK - For thousands of years, rabbis performed a simple procedure to cleanse the wound during a ritual circumcision: Like outdoorsmen treating a snake bite, they sucked blood from the cut and spit it out.

That age-old procedure is now the subject of a clash between religion and science in modern-day New York.

Prompted by a child's death from an infection, the state Health Department is drawing up its first set of safety guidelines governing the practice, which was abandoned by most Jews long ago but has survived among the ultra-Orthodox in a few Hasidic communities.

Doctors have long been concerned that the procedure — called "metzitzah b'peh" in Hebrew — could spread disease. But their argument became urgent last year when New York City health officials said the practice had given a baby a fatal infection.

The illness was caused by herpes simplex type 1, the common virus in saliva that causes cold sores. Usually harmless to adults, it can be deadly to newborns.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:41:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I knew a jew that blew.

She was good at it too.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:56:50 AM EDT
[#2]
We need Tactical Jew to weigh in on this one.[
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:57:04 AM EDT
[#3]
If that were true I would tell very few.  It's the right thing to do if she blew you.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:59:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Bunch of damn poets.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:08:05 AM EDT
[#5]
No comment.
That's just wrong!
Sorry couldn't contain myself.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:10:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Bunch of damn poets.  

Don't-cha know it...
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:12:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I DID NOT need to know that

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:19:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Circumcision is completely unnecessary and brutal. Why the fuck do you want to cut a kid's dick up first thing out of the womb? THEN LICK ON IT?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:22:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I knew a jew that blew.

She was good at it too.

You're a poet, and don't even know it...
But your feet sure are long-fellows!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:34:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:35:29 AM EDT
[#11]
This is not really true anymore; nowadays only the most orthodox jews allow the rabbi to directly contact circumcised children. Most use a glass tube to prevent any direct contact between the two from occurring, simply for the reason of avoiding this very possibility.

There was a case in just the last couple years where an orthodox Rabbi (Yitzchok Fischer) in NY was found to have transmitted herpes to three different infants. At first they feared it might be even more because within the time he circumcised these three and before it got traced to him, he also circumcised eleven others--so they were afraid all fourteen would be infected, but that didn'thappen.

The stories I am finding are dated mid- to late-2005. Most of the newspaper pages are archived now, but one page about it still up is http://www.circumstitions.com/News18.html

-Also, if you were wondering, I am not Jewish. I just read the news a lot.
~
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:44:11 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
This is not really true anymore; nowadays only the most orthodox jews allow the rabbi to directly contact circumcised children. Most use a glass tube to prevent any direct contact between the two from occurring, simply for the reason of avoiding this very possibility.

There was a case in just the last couple years where an orthodox Rabbi (Yitzchok Fischer) in NY was found to have transmitted herpes to three different infants. At first they feared it might be even more because within the time he circumcised these three and before it got traced to him, he also circumcised eleven others--so they were afraid all fourteen would be infected, but that didn'thappen.

The stories I am finding are dated mid- to late-2005. Most of the newspaper pages are archived now, but one page about it still up is http://www.circumstitions.com/News18.html

-Also, if you were wondering, I am not Jewish. I just read the news a lot.
~

That's what the article is talking about.....
I want to joke about it ('that was the last good head I got form a jew'), but it really is SOP and has been for thousadns of years.  This rabbi would have been stopped from performing circumcisions in the 1200's by Jewish authorites just as he is now by secular ones.  no big deal.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:49:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:08:03 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I knew a jew that blew.

She was good at it too.

Guess her gay brother is a Heblew?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:18:39 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Circumcision is completely unnecessary and brutal. Why the fuck do you want to cut a kid's dick up first thing out of the womb? THEN LICK ON IT?

Actually, it is for health reasons.  Infection can set in under there if it not kept quite clean an that will ruin your whole frickin lifetime.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:38:48 AM EDT
[#16]

Ummmm, why don't the doctors or jewish priest (or whoever actually performs the procedure) just use a warm, wet, sterilized rag to clean the kid up instead of.....well.....human lips?
I'm glad I'm a baptist.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:41:07 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, it is for health reasons.  Infection can set in under there if it not kept quite clean an that will ruin your whole frickin lifetime.

Or you could, you know, wash it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:52:02 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Ummmm, why don't the doctors or jewish priest (or whoever actually performs the procedure) just use a warm, wet, sterilized rag to clean the kid up instead of.....well.....human lips?
I'm glad I'm a baptist.

our religion and its practices existed before there was such a thing as sterilized rags, doctors and baptists.  this is how it was, is and will be done.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:53:45 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or you could, you know, wash it.

No shit.. like no one ever plays with it in the shower
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:56:16 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm glad I'm a baptist.

our religion and its practices existed before there was such a thing as sterilized rags, doctors and baptists.  this is how it was, is and will be done.

I guess no one wants to take a step back and look at it and see how insane the whole thing is?

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:59:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:04:34 AM EDT
[#22]
There used to be human sacrifice in the name of religion too.  That went away.  Why can't this?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:13:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Sucking on a childs penis is normal?

Sounds like perversion to me.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:14:44 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted: I guess no one wants to take a step back and look at it and see how insane the whole thing is?
No kidding. It's not as if we've got sanitation problems in the USA like they do in the middle East.

My wife prefers circumcised, but I'm voting for uncircumcised for future generations. I'm all for reducing the cutting and bleeding down there. Besides, God's original design works just fine. Does that make me ultra-ultra-orthodox?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:20:12 AM EDT
[#25]
While I am not exactly in favor of gettting de-tipped at birth, it does cut down blood transfer during sex as well.  Pretty sure I have read that circumsized men have lower chances of contancting certain vd's during sex - HIV being one of the big ones.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:22:43 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
While I am not exactly in favor of gettting de-tipped at birth, it does cut down blood transfer during sex as well.  Pretty sure I have read that circumsized men have lower chances of contancting certain vd's during sex - HIV being one of the big ones.

I think protection and not sleeping with ho's is a better alternative than cutting and sucking down there.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:27:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Little boy blew . . .  he needed to money.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:30:20 AM EDT
[#28]
That  practice is probably the source of the old wivestale that Jewish men ate children and used their blood for making a pudding.  The Arabs like to tell their kids such stories to scare the crap out of them and get them to hate Jews.

lawdog
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:30:29 AM EDT
[#29]
WHAT?!?!?

He licks it at the end?!?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:31:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Wow. I learned something I rather wish I hadn't.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:35:42 AM EDT
[#31]
"metzitzah b'peh" in Hebrew

The English translation is:  "I gets to suck a pee pee".
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:36:19 AM EDT
[#32]
isnt there an old joke about a jewish women and 10% off???
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:41:36 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Disagree.
It is for cleanliness.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:43:09 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Disagree.
It is for cleanliness.

Disagree. Wash your dick.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:44:25 AM EDT
[#35]
As a non-jew that happens to be circumcised, I can say this.  (no, a guy did not suck me when it was done)  There are multiple reasons for doing this beyond the religious.  First of all, there is cleanliness.  It reduces possibilities of various infections and transfer of STD's.  There are situations when personal cleanliness is not always an option.  I remember pulling multiweek field exercises in the army when the only bathing options were baby wipes and a helmet full of water.  I personally don't have a problem with the circumcision process and if I would have had a son of my own, he would be circumcised.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:47:14 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
As a non-jew that happens to be circumcised, I can say this.  (no, a guy did not suck me when it was done)  There are multiple reasons for doing this beyond the religious.  First of all, there is cleanliness.  It reduces possibilities of various infections and transfer of STD's.  There are situations when personal cleanliness is not always an option.  I remember pulling multiweek field exercises in the army when the only bathing options were baby wipes and a helmet full of water.  I personally don't have a problem with the circumcision process and if I would have had a son of my own, he would be circumcised.  

Actually, that's not a bad point.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:48:52 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

+1  

*ETA* I'm adding a to this too.  It sounds fishy.  As for those against circumcision, I elected not to have my eldest circumsized and it was a horrible ordeal for both of us.  As a toddler he had infection after infection.  Evidently he is very prone to yeast infections - due to what we now know from a milk allergy.  We didn't know he was allergic to cows milk then.  Anyway, I had to clean his penis daily with a q-tip and apply ointment.  He still would get infections - finally at age 3 I had him circumsized and I haven't touched his penis sense.   My youngest was circumsized at birth.  It was one of the most difficultest ordeals I have ever had to endure [I stood by him and stroked his cheek] but I'm glad I did it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:51:56 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, that's not a bad point.

So the guy really licks it when he's done?!? WTF????
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:07:25 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1  

*ETA* I'm adding a to this too.  It sounds fishy.  As for those against circumcision, I elected not to have my eldest circumsized and it was a horrible ordeal for both of us.  As a toddler he had infection after infection.  Evidently he is very prone to yeast infections - due to what we now know from a milk allergy.  We didn't know he was allergic to cows milk then.  Anyway, I had to clean his penis daily with a q-tip and apply ointment.  He still would get infections - finally at age 3 I had him circumsized and I haven't touched his penis sense.   My youngest was circumsized at birth.  It was one of the most difficultest ordeals I have ever had to endure [I stood by him and stroked his cheek] but I'm glad I did it.

And that is why cicrumcision is so common. It is a simple fact that a foreskin traps bacteria and will lead to infections.

AS for te Jewish ritual, it's part of the Orthodox religion, and who the hell is anyone to bash it?
It's not like it's being done for sexual gratification. You people who have claimed it is are fucktards.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:12:08 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

While you may find it brutal and unnecessary, science shows tha a circumcised penis is cleaner, and healther penis, and that circumcised men can hold out longer before orgasam than their foreskinned counterparts.

So in addition to being cleaner, you also have better, and safer, sex.

No nasty crap growing under a foreskin that isn't there.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:16:57 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Disagree.
It is for cleanliness.

Disagree.
Now I don't have to.
When the SHTF and your foreskin fills up with smega, maybe you'll realize why the Lord told men to get circumcized.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:35:42 AM EDT
[#42]
After having two boys, which were circumcised at birth, my mother decided to listen to the IDIOTS that circumcision was cruel and did not get my little brother circumcised.

He had a painful 3 years, and infection after infection. Then she decided to get him circumcised and he had to go in for surgery to get it done.

Not circumcising is cruel.

You do what you want, but my son will be circumcised at birth.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:55:13 AM EDT
[#43]

It's not like it's being done for sexual gratification. You people who have claimed it is are fucktards.

Sexual gratification has nothing to do with it (at least not in my opinion). My problem has to do with the thought of some preist or doctors locking their mouths arounds my childs dick. I don't have a problem with circumcision itself (I'm cut , too) but it's the psuedo-bj that bugs me. It's not sexual but it does sound nasty. Use a clean wet rag and be done with it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:24:10 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Sexual gratification has nothing to do with it (at least not in my opinion). My problem has to do with the thought of some preist or doctors locking their mouths arounds my childs dick. I don't have a problem with circumcision itself (I'm cut , too) but it's the psuedo-bj that bugs me. It's not sexual but it does sound nasty. Use a clean wet rag and be done with it.

It's a good thing that you are not an Orthodox Jew then isn't it? Guess what? If the parents believe that it is ok, and it is obviously part of a recognized religious cermoney, then it doesn't matter what you think.

I'm not an Orthodox Jew, or a Jew of any kind. BUt I really don't care. If the rabbi transmits an infection, then the rabbi needs to stop doing circumcisions.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:33:57 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Disagree.
It is for cleanliness.

Disagree.
Now I don't have to.
When the SHTF and your foreskin fills up with smega, maybe you'll realize why the Lord told men to get circumcized.

Aside from the silly religious statement, what about the MILLIONS of people around before the tools where available to do the procedure? We should not even be around as a species because according to your logic, everyone's dick should have fallen off.

People that get infections in the foreskin area are prone to infection, or don't practice proper hygiene. BILLIONS of people live their whole life uncircumsized without issue.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:40:35 AM EDT
[#46]
If it were a Christian sect instead of a popular religion like Judaism nobody would be apologizing for it.  It's a health hazard plain and simple.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:44:47 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
So are you saying that EVERY Jewish guy's been blown by a guy....

No, my understanding is that only a small majority do the sucking.  Hassids and other Orthodox sects.  In some Muslim groups they hold kids down and circumcise em with a knife when they are 12 or so.  

Statistically speaking circumcision offers a huge advantage in terms of not contracting HIV in third world countries (study was in Africa).  Researchers are exactly sure why either.  That same does not appear to be true in developed countries.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:45:45 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
If it were a Christian sect instead of a popular religion like Judaism nobody would be apologizing for it.  It's a health hazard plain and simple.

We've been around for thousands of years, many thousands without the tools to do the procedure. How the fuck is it a health hazard?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:46:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Catholic priests everywhere are pissed.

The minute some old dude popped my kids weener in his mouth would be the same day I stopped being Jewish.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:50:05 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep,  it's perfectly normal for an old guy to put a kids penis in his mouth...

As it was in olden times, so shall it be today.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top