Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2001 6:13:59 PM EDT
Anyone familiar with these? I don't know which model it is, just that it's a .380. My brother wants to get one for his wife. Does anybody have any info on these things? TIA.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 6:28:12 PM EDT
[#1]
It is the Bersa Thunder 380, I have one and love the little thing. For around $200 you cant beat the price. I have fired around 800 rounds through mine with no malfunctions, it is accurate enough for a carry gun which is what I use mine for. If you are looking for a cheap relible light whight carry gun then I would recomend this gun. But alot of people will say get the Waltther and thats up to you I love my Bersa for waht it is a $200 carry gun that I would trust my life to.
SCAR
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 6:28:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I test fired one that a buddy had. Satin nickel slide with aluminum frame. Funtioned fine with several different loads. Good accuracy, rear sight is adjustable for windage and elevation. The decocker/safty was a bit sticky but it seemed to loosen up some with use. It feels good in the hand and is a super value. It's a bit larger than the Walther. I think I would put it a little above the Makarov as far as quality and it's a bit lighter. Also breaks down and goes back together easy.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 4:55:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I had one in .380 a long time ago. Got rid of it because it jammed with just about every clip I tried to fire through it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 5:44:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I had the Thunder 380 as well and liked it a lot.

I would buy another. For the money they are hard to beat!
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 6:30:59 AM EDT
[#5]
my brother-in-law loves .380 he has a walther, a bersa thunder and a firestorm...they all look and feel about the same and are good pistols the bersa and the firestorm were a lot cheaper than the walthr.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 4:47:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info. He bought it, $185 nib. He says it looks well made and has nice finish. Will range test this weekend, see how it goes.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top