Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2001 12:39:44 AM EDT
Had some Mil Police from Green Hills today bring in a Glock 17T, 'cause they could not strip it for cleaning. It was clogged up with gold gotcha grease, and general shit, after going a long way between general maintenance.

A wierd gun, I had read about them, but did not even know they were in 'the system'. The RAAF use the Glock 17 as a JAP for aircrew etc.

The plastic lower is blue in colour, the slide is metal, and marked for FX ammo only. Special mags too.

For those of you, who don't know what I am gobbing off about, the 17T uses a special 9mm ctg, for trg purposes only. Its a paint ball gun, more or less. Gives a splat of dye on the 'enemy' for trg purposes.

I had a look down the bore (smaller than 9mm), and it was rifled, in the 'Glock' fashion. I am told its an excellent training aid for our Military Police.

Anyone know of any Agencies that use 'em in the USA or elsewhere.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 6:00:59 AM EDT
[#1]
These are used all over, but usually Departments have a conversion kit that converts normal duty weapons to fire the 9mm FX ammo. For pistols, the kit usually consists of a 9mm FX barrel, and sometimes other parts, like recoil springs or feed ramp extensions. The kits are designed so that they cannot chamber normal 9mm ammo as a safety measure. Long gun kits for MP5s (as I understand it) have replacement barrels. AR15 series kits have a complete 9mm upper (the Olympic system, I think) and plastic 9mm magazines.

It is a great training tool and it hurts a lot to take a hit. Teaches you how to do things through pain compliance-bad tactics hurt, so use good tactics. It also teaches you to take hits and keep going. The first time you get into a firefight with simunitions, you forget all of your training and do the classic mistakes from shootings; no use of sights, tunnel vision, etcetera. After training with them for a while, you remember the stuff you are supposed to do, and get a lot better.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 12:32:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info, Nat.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 12:52:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Civillians can't get 'em cuz they are for training. We are underserving of training that might save our lives, according to the powers that be.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 4:01:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Man I'd love to get one of those, or maybe just some of the FX ammo... that way I'd always know which squirels are mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top