Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2001 4:10:37 PM EDT
[URL]http://www.sptimes.com/News/080801/TampaBay/_They_made_me_feel_li.shtml[/URL]

THIS COULD BE THE TEST CASE!

[URL]http://ap.tbo.com/ap/florida/MGAOVK7U4QC.html[/URL]
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 4:52:19 PM EDT
[#1]
He could sue them for unauthorized commercial use of his photo.  I'm not sure he could tag them much more than that.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 5:25:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
He could sue them for unauthorized commercial use of his photo.  I'm not sure he could tag them much more than that.
View Quote

Only if he could show the photo was not newsworthy. Very unlikely.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 5:34:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 11:22:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Questioning new crime fighting technology is the equivalent of cop bashing.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 5:16:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I thought this was a post about that song by that chick in her underwear. You know the one, Felonious Apple or something. That one.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 5:59:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Maybe I've been a little sheltered all my life, but he DOES kinda LOOK like a criminal.  [}:D]

Ossifer, ossifer, arrest that bad man!!!!!!!!!

[:D]

Link Posted: 8/9/2001 6:14:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Next they'll be dispatching SWATzi entry teams based on those images.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 6:36:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Questioning new crime fighting technology is the equivalent of cop bashing.
View Quote

Damn! you're getting worse everyday. I like it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 7:44:33 AM EDT
[#9]
There was something like this WAY back in the 1300's.
Every criminals' face was measured and the information saved.
They later stopped it when the wrong guy was hung because his face measurments were the same as the actual criminal they were looking for.

This face recognition program will be causing TOO much trouble, because it will be used on EVERY surveilence(sp) camera no matter where you go, AND, say, if you have "one of those faces" and just happen top go to the mall or McDEEs and are "captured" on a camera, you visit could end in death by some rent-o-cop...

BISHOP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top