Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/16/2006 1:01:08 PM EDT

NEW ORLEANS -- Mayor Ray Nagin told a crowd gathered at City Hall on Monday for a march honoring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. that New Orleans will be "chocolate" again.

New Orleans proper was more than 60 percent black before Hurricane Katrina displaced about three-quarters of its population, but sparing predominantly white neighborhoods.

Along Martin Luther King Blvd., a grassy median near a King statue and memorial was cleaned up and landscaped in advance of today's. Many of the buildings nearby, including a major housing project nearby, are abandoned and in ruins, still bearing the water stains left behind by flooding.

But Nagin promises that all of the city's residents will be encouraged to return and rebuild the neighborhoods they loved.

Nagin said New Orleans will be a majority African American city.

source: http://www.wdsu.com/news/6151733/detail.html?rss=no&psp=news

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:06:51 PM EDT
[#1]
And it will be turned BACK into the hell hole it was before Katrina
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:08:40 PM EDT
[#2]
And people wonder why racism still exists...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:09:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Cmon Haliburton!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:11:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

No doubt, what a jackass.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:11:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm thinking something, but I'm not commiting it to writing.

No comment.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:12:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No guys, only us honkies can be racist.  Haven't you had that hammered into your head enough?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:12:34 PM EDT
[#7]
He wants it to be chocolate again before the next election or he will be looking for a new job.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:14:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

+ a shitload
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:16:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No guys, only us honkies can be racist.  Haven't you had that hammered into your head enough?

+1

two sets of rules people

easy to remember:

1. white Christian heterosexual male = bad, bully

2. everything else = good, victim
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:21:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:22:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Let's see how this will play out.  

(1) Nagin will quickly "clean up" the black parts of town.
(2) Black people will move back in.
(3) 20 years later, black people will get cancer because the chemical soup was not thoroughly cleaned.
(4) White people will be blamed.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:23:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
And it will be turned BACK into the hell hole it was before Katrina

+1

You can the brutha out of the ghetto
but you can't take the ghetto out of the ........
Bring it

What would happen If Jeb Bush said
he wanted Tampa to be Vanilla.
Double standards sicken me.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:23:42 PM EDT
[#13]
that's unfortunate
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:31:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I thought the title of "chocolate city" belongs to D.C....
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:47:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just a technical question. I’m half middle eastern, can I still be a honkie?

It all comes down to ignorance and lack of prospective.

If people understood skin color was ordained by DNA, just like eye color, hair color, etc, would they still be racist?

Most people are just too stupid to get out of their own way, or my fucking way, for that matter.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:48:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Jeeez-O-Peeete!!!

Imagine if a white politician said "we'll make this city vanilla again"

The shitstorm to follow would be of Biblical proportions.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:49:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Good thing I checked this, I was going to make a dupe. Anyone else think of the Parliament song Chocolate City when they read this? "Gaining on ya"...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:50:42 PM EDT
[#18]
How do we know he didn't mean "white chocolate"???
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:50:48 PM EDT
[#19]
where's that "fuck you cracka" picture when you really need it?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:50:48 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
He wants it to be chocolate again before the next election or he will be looking for a new job.

+1
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:51:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Here's a little more:

"NEW ORLEANS - Mayor Ray Nagin suggested Monday that Hurricanes Katrina and Rita and other storms were a sign that "God is mad at America" and at black communities, too, for tearing themselves apart with violence and political infighting.
ADVERTISEMENT

"Surely God is mad at America. He sent us hurricane after hurricane after hurricane, and it's destroyed and put stress on this country," Nagin, who is black, said as he and other city leaders marked Martin Luther King Day.

"Surely he doesn't approve of us being in
Iraq under false pretenses. But surely he is upset at black America also. We're not taking care of ourselves."

Nagin also promised that New Orleans will be a "chocolate" city again. Many of the city's black neighborhoods were heavily damaged by Katrina.

"It's time for us to come together. It's time for us to rebuild New Orleans — the one that should be a chocolate New Orleans," the mayor said. "This city will be a majority African American city. It's the way God wants it to be. You can't have New Orleans no other way. It wouldn't be New Orleans."

Nagin described an imaginary conversation with King, the late civil rights leader.

"I said, `What is it going to take for us to move on and live your dream and make it a reality?' He said, `I don't think that we need to pay attention any more as much about other folks and racists on the other side.' He said, `The thing we need to focus on as a community — black folks I'm talking about — is ourselves.'"

Nagin said he also asked: "Why is black-on-black crime such an issue? Why do our young men hate each other so much that they look their brother in the face and they will take a gun and kill him in cold blood?"

The reply, Nagin said, was: "We as a people need to fix ourselves first."

Nagin also said King would have been dismayed with black leaders who are "most of the time tearing each other down publicly for the delight of many."

A day earlier, gunfire erupted at a parade to commemorate King's birthday. Three people were wounded in the daylight shooting amid a throng of mostly black spectators, but police said there were no immediate suspects or witnesses."
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:51:37 PM EDT
[#22]
More proof that the sheep are ok with Racism.

Imagine some mayor saying his town will be white again.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:52:27 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Do you drive a pick up?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:52:38 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I've heard black people around here refer to Atlanta, GA as "chocolate city" many times.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:53:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Yep.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:53:25 PM EDT
[#26]
hit the poll
http://www.wdsu.com/news/6151733/detail.html?rss=no&psp=news
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:54:14 PM EDT
[#27]
More of the "Double Standard" BS.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:55:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Holy crap a white politician would be CRUCIFIED if he referred to the black part of town as "chocolate"

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:56:35 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
hit the poll

Do you think Mayor Nagin's comments are appropriate?  
Choice  Votes  Percentage of 9642 Votes  
Yes 646 7%
No 8996 93%
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:58:21 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If people understood skin color was ordained by DNA, just like eye color, hair color, etc, would they still be racist?

Most people are just too stupid to get out of their own way, or my fucking way, for that matter.

we are the world, we are the children.....

we are the ones who make a better day, so let's start giving.......

doooo  doooooooo do doooooooooooooooo..................

your post made my eyes swell with tears of joy and forgiveness.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:59:30 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
hit the poll

Yes 646 7%
No 8996 93%

Heh, I don't think this one will require an ARFCOM fire mission.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:00:06 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
More proof that the sheep are ok with Racism.

Imagine some mayor saying his town will be white again.

He would lose his job, and be screwed out of any other public job for being a Nazi.  Then him and W woudl become great friends...

What does everybody else say about this?  Meaning the rest of the country and especially the african Americans that he was referring to.  

"White man cant segregate us, because that's bad.  Only we can segregate ourselves from the white guys."  Give me a fucking break.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:00:21 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just a technical question. I’m half middle eastern, can I still be a honkie? no

If people understood skin color was ordained by DNA, just like eye color, hair color, etc, would they still be racist? People DO understand that, that why People in China dont have Black babies or A pregnant African woman does'nt give birth to a Blue eyed blond haired child. We know it's genetic. Racism has to do with a LOT of Factors besides how one looks. One of them is culture, "tribalism", Fear of the unknown, comfort with familiarity, the fact is noone "wants" to be a minority that's why people stick with their own kind rather than be an "outsider" and also sometimes its not talking about things that seem "insensitive" such as why are most blacks good at bastketball? Why is the NHL mostly White? to even mention that is considered racist. the plain fact is any doctor will tell you taht there are Regional genetic differences in people making some more susceptable to disease or better at running or whatever but it's all Hush hush.  

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:01:53 PM EDT
[#34]

"I said, `What is it going to take for us to move on and live your dream and make it a reality?' He said, `I don't think that we need to pay attention any more as much about other folks and racists on the other side.' He said, `The thing we need to focus on as a community — black folks I'm talking about — is ourselves.'"

Wasn't MLKs dream everyone living in harmony?  Blacks and whites living side by side and not seeing color?  Personally, as far as that goes, I agree with MLK.  But, Nagin, Jackson, Sharpton and their ilk make it impossible for the nation to move beyond that.  Not sparing the Klan in my offensive, but the klan is ineffectual today.  The rainbow coalition and black panthers and such are the main cause of racial issues in todays society.  The race baiters keep things agitated.  I don't care what color an individual is.  I take them by their actions.  As to the half middle eastern gentleman, sorry, but that makes no difference to me either.  In the US, practically no one knows what true racism is.  Try being a half american half german kid growing up in occupied germany.  You get it from both sides.  Everyone hates you because of your lineage.  That is true discrimination.  Not this whiney ass bullshit about he didn't hire me because I am black even though the other guy scored a lot higher on his test crap.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:05:57 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've heard black people around here refer to Atlanta, GA as "chocolate city" many times.

My vote goes to Detroit...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:06:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Ray Nagin is an Idiot.

Who do you think is going to rebuild NO? the people that left were too lazy to work to begin with they have found they can be lazy elsewhere. it pays the same!

meanwhile crackas and mexicans who smell goverment cheese are decending upon NO. Mexicans aren't dumb they can smell a job oppertunity a whole country away. Those mexicans rebuilding NO are going to make a fat wad of cash. They can send it back to mexico or send for thier wives and children and live in a city they know, a city they built. which do you think they are going to do?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:08:32 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Here's a little more:

"NEW ORLEANS - Mayor Ray Nagin suggested Monday that Hurricanes Katrina and Rita and other storms were a sign that "God is mad at America" and at black communities, too, for tearing themselves apart with violence and political infighting.
ADVERTISEMENT

"Surely God is mad at America. He sent us hurricane after hurricane after hurricane, and it's destroyed and put stress on this country," Nagin, who is black, said as he and other city leaders marked Martin Luther King Day.

"Surely he doesn't approve of us being in
Iraq under false pretenses. But surely he is upset at black America also. We're not taking care of ourselves."

Nagin also promised that New Orleans will be a "chocolate" city again. Many of the city's black neighborhoods were heavily damaged by Katrina.

"It's time for us to come together. It's time for us to rebuild New Orleans — the one that should be a chocolate New Orleans," the mayor said. "This city will be a majority African American city. It's the way God wants it to be. You can't have New Orleans no other way. It wouldn't be New Orleans."

Nagin described an imaginary conversation with King, the late civil rights leader.

Nagin said he also asked: "Why is black-on-black crime such an issue? Why do our young men hate each other so much that they look their brother in the face and they will take a gun and kill him in cold blood?"

The reply, Nagin said, was: "We as a people need to fix ourselves first."

Nagin also said King would have been dismayed with black leaders who are "most of the time tearing each other down publicly for the delight of many."

A day earlier, gunfire erupted at a parade to commemorate King's birthday. Three people were wounded in the daylight shooting amid a throng of mostly black spectators, but police said there were no immediate suspects or witnesses."

He just had to throw that in there as if it was relevant to anything about restoring NO.  How the hell does he know what God approves of or disapproves of?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:09:12 PM EDT
[#38]
I just put Nagin on my "idiot" list.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:11:11 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Holy crap a white politician would be CRUCIFIED if he referred to the black part of town as "chocolate"

He's not refering to a part of town, he's refering to the whole city. Google Coleman Young for the worst of this ilk...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:14:14 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

The only Chocolate City is Hershey Pensylvania.

The telephone poles are made of candy.

The whole place is delicious.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:18:29 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The only Chocolate City is Hershey Pensylvania.

The telephone poles are made of candy.

The whole place is delicious.

The candyman can, he told me. He was black and jewish too
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:21:21 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Jeeez-O-Peeete!!!

Imagine if a white politician said "we'll make this city vanilla again"

The shitstorm to follow would be of Biblical proportions.

Verily.  It is so.

Bureaucracy would also be seen as the answer to the "problem", and thus would be born the "National Penance Agency".
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:24:34 PM EDT
[#43]
[homer simpson]

mmmmm..... the land of chocalate......

I wonder if Lootie will return?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:25:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Good! Get them Louisanna thugs out of Texas.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:25:19 PM EDT
[#45]
FUCK HIS RACEBAITING ASS.

N'Awluns is the city I love most in America.  It has tremendous history and culture like no other place.  But I'll be assfucked by Santa Claus if I ever spend any of my vanilla dollars in his shitburg again.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:28:00 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
hit the poll

Yes 646 7%
No 8996 93%

Heh, I don't think this one will require an ARFCOM fire mission.

No, but 99% would be cool
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:30:30 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
FUCK HIS RACEBAITING ASS.

N'Awluns is the city I love most in America.  It has tremendous history and culture like no other place.  But I'll be assfucked by Santa Claus if I ever spend any of my vanilla dollars in his shitburg again.

+1

Chuck would not take shit like this off anyone.

plus, he would heal the racial strife with a few witty and thought-provoking comments.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:31:02 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
The candyman can, he told me. He was black and jewish too

You should lick the pavement in Hershey PA. It tastes like peppermint!

It is also the place where I had a brush with fame: I was nearly run-over by a golf cart being driven by:

Jerry VanDyke.

No kidding.

Sadly, he did not have a banjo at the time.

I was actually there with a group (this was many years ago) and a very attractive girl that was with us stepped out into the path without looking, and I grabbed her by the waist and turned just in time for the golf cart to miss us both.

"You really need to watch.....Wait a minute. Was that Jerry Van Dyke??" I said.

Wierdest moment EVER. Imagine filling that out on the insurance forms.

CAUSE OF INJURY:

Hit by Jerry Van Dyke in the middle of Hershey Park.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:32:21 PM EDT
[#49]
just because it is brown, it don't mean it is chocolate.

So is he going to post "Blacks only" signs for certain neighborhoods?  I wonder if he is going to push for black schools, busses, restaurants, and so on as well?  If he stays in charge, they might even get their own special water fountains.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:32:48 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
where's that "fuck you cracka" picture when you really need it?

Ask and you shall receive:

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top