Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2006 4:40:58 PM EDT
Last night, I'm sitting down having a drink (double jack, rocks) waiting on my fajitas.  Guy is next to me and through the conversation I hear that he's an LEO.  I lean over and say

"SO, have you ever shot any dogs?"

I shit you not, he says "Oh hell I've killed tons of dogs"
It was at the Arkansas hometown forum get together it was an arfcommer but he doesn't post in GD.

ETA he also at one point used the phrase "Back home I used to kill em wholesale"
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:42:19 PM EDT
[#1]
i know a couple cops, but i've never thought to ask.  next time i see them i'll have to bring up the topic
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:29:30 PM EDT
[#2]
If you do, have your license ready
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:00:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I witnessed the said conversation, and yes the JBT is a dog killer, but he did smoke atleast one of them in self defense.  But then again isn't that what they always say?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:19:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I witnessed the said conversation, and yes the JBT is a dog killer, but he did smoke atleast one of them in self defense.  But then again isn't that what they always say?

And he was holding his gun thug style
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:10:50 AM EDT
[#5]
It's even more funny when you have a pit bull growling on a leash and he says not lately and then promptly smokes your dog because it's growling at him/her.   Now that's some funny stuff
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:14:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I shot a couple with a paintball gun.  Does that count?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:17:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

That's just retarded and animal cruelty.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:19:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes...

I have a friend who's a SWAT sniper and he literally said that the flash-bangs put them out of action.

He doesn't have to shoot them...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:20:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
he also at one point used the phrase "Back home I used to kill em wholesale"

That's good, I hate paying those inflated retail prices on dog-killings.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:21:30 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont think thats quite animal cruelty.  Paintballs dont hurt THAT bad.  It is certainly less cruel than killing it
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:24:44 AM EDT
[#11]
I didn't do it to be cruel.  I did it to get the damn beagles out of my back yard so I could get some sleep.  They would show up at 9:00 in the morning and start baying in my back yard when I was working third shift.  I tried yelling at them and chasing them out of my yard but they would return the next day.  After about a week of it I decided to hit them in the ass with a few paint balls.  They didn't return after that.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:25:26 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont think thats quite animal cruelty.  Paintballs dont hurt THAT bad.  It is certainly less cruel than killing it

How bout stupid and pointless. Seriously  wtf is the point of it?  To get your rocks off hurting a dog for no reason?  And they hurt enough.  

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:28:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Confession here: I have killed dogs, it wasn't animal cruelty.  They were mangy(sic?)strays, and kept gettin in my trash. 12ga 00 works nicely at about 20 steps.  22LR to the back of the head works nicely also, but only for those 50+yd shots.

I think I may apply for a job on a police force.  I got skills.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:32:29 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
i know a couple cops, but i've never thought to ask.  next time i see them i'll have to bring up the topic

Yep. Sounds like a plan.

But I did know of a cop who...ah...tagged a St. Bernard on the head with his Maglight enough to dent the tube. He had a heck of a time changing batteries. And whild Fido was stunned he took out his gun and shot it. That was back in the early '80s, and like a good arfkomer, he did both! Say....I wonder if he's here.....??
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:49:47 AM EDT
[#15]
In Pulaski County you have to be on the SWAT Team to be certified to shoot a dog...
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:54:15 AM EDT
[#16]
I was with a cop in Burger king once, and asked him if he has shot any dogs. He said yes. I just started laughing and told him about Ar15.com always poking fun at cops for shooting dogs. I dont think he understood.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:59:01 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
In Pulaski County you have to be on the SWAT Team to be certified to shoot a dog...

What about cats?  Since all cops are expert marksmen, capable of making headshots against fully armored felons with automatic weapons with nothing greater than a 92FS, I would have thought that the dog qualification shoot would be a standard course of fire.

Now cats....THAT'S a challenge.

Sheep
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:01:55 PM EDT
[#18]
One of my guys did a few weeks ago.  Took 5 .45s to the head/neck area to drop a large pit bull mix. First round took part of the lower jaw off.

He's bucking for a promotion.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:02:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What about cats?  Since all cops are expert marksmen, capable of making headshots against fully armored felons with automatic weapons with nothing greater than a 92FS, I would have thought that the dog qualification shoot would be a standard course of fire.

Now cats....THAT'S a challenge.

i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/Shatner556/homelandsecurity8pe.jpg

Sheep

^^^those two are soooo brave

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:04:42 PM EDT
[#20]
(Can't remember who I stole this from, but whoever you are, you get the credit)

Here you go, Vanillia.  Have your range-master run off a couple of hundred of these.  Should help your boys.

Sheep
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:06:36 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
(Can't remember who I stole this from, but whoever you are, you get the credit)

i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/Shatner556/dog1.jpg

Here you go, Vanillia.  Have your range-master run off a couple of hundred of these.  Should help your boys.

Sheep

Thanks for the pic! This is going to be good when I get back to the office tomorrow!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:15:37 PM EDT
[#22]
I guess I would be considered a "T" around here(they won't let me wear jack boots)

I've got two under my belt, a Rottie and a Pit, not bragging here. The Rottie was acting rabid in a school yard and the Pit had bitten one lady pushing a stroller and had treed a jogger,  plus had no tags.

I love dogs, I have two chocolate labs

And yes flashbangs usually make them piss themselves and wimper off into a corner.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:34:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:06:51 AM EDT
[#24]
My friend shot one in Iraq.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:32:07 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I always figured that you had to shoot a dog before you got to be SWAT. Now I find out that I had it backwards all these years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top