Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2001 11:29:27 PM EDT
I just found out a good way to protect yourselves from identity theft.  Call Equifax at 1800-525-6285

Experian at 888-397-3742

Transunion at 800-680-7289

If you belive "you might be a victim of fraud" You can use their automated system to put a fraud alert on your account which will ensure that any company that grants credit in your name will have to call you first. It also stops those unsolited credit offers.

If you do it now, you strike a pre-emptive blow against these criminals.

Identity theft is a growing problem, and you would be amazed how easy it is for these perps to get 5 or more credit cards maxed out for you, so that you will have a SHTF scenario trying to clear up the damage.

I hate to think of myself as a victim, but these bastards got me, and I'm very careful with my info.

BTW, not bashing, but the LEO's so far have been less than helpful.  They wouldent even let me fill out a report, because the fraudulent purchases happened out of state.  The Feds don't care either, unless it involves a ton of money.  So basically nobody goes after these jerks.  If I knew who they are, I would be calling for some good old fashioned justice.

This is a really bad crime, because your credit rating and even criminal record can get FUBAR.
Frankly I would rather be robbed face to face.  Then at least I would'nt have been such an easy mark.  Live and Learn!   Hope this helps
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top