Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/9/2006 9:04:08 PM EDT
Okay so i've legally come across 5 sticks of dynomite.  Looking for ideas on what I can do with it.  Maybe I should say...looking for LEGAL ideas on what to do with it.  I've got my own land to do it on, so the possibilities are endless.

So what can I blow up?

ETA - It's gotta be creative.  You just can't waste good dynomite.

PS - Is there a certain way I should store this stuff until I use it?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:07:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Porta-potty.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:07:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Any stray cats in the neighborhood?

Ant hills are cool too

ETA: You don't have a bow and arrow do you?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:08:41 PM EDT
[#3]
old fridge? washing machine? buick?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:09:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Any stray cats in the neighborhood?

Ant hills are cool too

ETA: You don't have a bow and arrow do you?

I don't have one.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:09:10 PM EDT
[#5]
dude, don't blow your self up
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:09:36 PM EDT
[#6]
find a big rock, and dig one under it... see how far it flies

shoot another from 100 yards with a rifle

dig a hole 2 feet deep and bury one... to see how big of a crater it makes

repeat your favorite one 2 more times
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:10:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
dude, don't blow your self up

I will try not too...i bought some extra fuse.  I'll keep WAY back.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:11:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Porta-potty.

Don't know how I would get one.  I do have a very old push lawnmower.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:12:54 PM EDT
[#9]
go fishing!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:15:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
go fishing!

Is that legal?  Or do I need a fishing license?

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:20:26 PM EDT
[#11]
what ever you do, you'd best post pics!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:27:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
what ever you do, you'd best post pics!

I'm gonna do that for sure.  I'll bring out the good camera for this one.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:37:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Lawnmower sounds good that thing should catch soem major air.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:39:30 PM EDT
[#14]
rig up a command detonation system and bait in a few coyotes
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:40:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I hope you know how to crimp - without loosing a hand or your head.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:41:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I hope you know how to crimp - without loosing a hand or your head.  

yeah you gotta tighten those hands and heads down prior to handling explosives
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:49:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Well i'm gonna hit the sac fellas.  I'll sleep on the thoughts.  Keep them comming and once I hear a really good idea i'll go for it.  Camera in hand.  Posted pics will follow.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:53:35 PM EDT
[#18]
oh come on man, some rabbits, a coyote call, a command detonator, yip yip yip yip BOOOOOM! <insert evil giggles from the man with the remote>
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:17:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Find some Democrats...

Oh, you said legal?

Ummmkay then... Hmmmm...

You could stuff it inside a big teddy bear.

Blowing up old cars from the junkyard is always fun.

Have an old computer that gave you problems?

Have an ex-wife that gave you problems?

Hunting small animals might be interesting [POST VIDEO IF YOU DO, DAMNIT!]

Any ground-hog holes?

Anyone have a bullet-proof vest they'd mind donating?

Besides, how does one legally 'come across' TNT, anyway? [no need to answer that, it's a rhetorical question].

Either way, if you end up blowing any shit up, do it safely, and post pics [video is what we really need]. Keep in mind you can send stuff flying for huge distances with HE, so try not to send any big-mac-trucks airborne, it's hard to buff out the mark those leave on your house.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:42:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Very effective for removing stubborn tree stumps.  I've sent many 100 feet in the air with it.  Also, if you have constipation, a stick stuck up your bunghole is guaranteed to clear up all blockages.   Some folks prefer it over the fishing pole, but its frowned upon.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:45:52 PM EDT
[#21]
It's F'ing dynomite you could blow up dog shit and it would still be cool.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:49:33 PM EDT
[#22]
you'll shoot your eye out kid
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:56:46 PM EDT
[#23]
ok dig a hole about 2 feet around about and about 2 feet deep. place stick of of TNT or 2 inside with fuse hanging out hole. Then get as many old phone books and newspaper as possible packthe hole with paper then re cover with dirt and pack firm. this extra pressure will amplify the blast and the paper will be a firey confettie that would be sweet.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:57:42 PM EDT
[#24]
I think the real question is how does one legally obtain the stuff?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:57:42 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Besides, how does one legally 'come across' TNT, anyway? [no need to answer that, it's a rhetorical question].

The state that I live in allows you to obtain dynamite with nothing more than a signature and a little money.  I would suspect the guy pockets the money but who knows.  I shouldn't say that though...not very nice of me.  I did my part so that's all that matters.

Edit:  Couldn't sleep  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:58:42 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The state that I live in allows you to obtain dynamite with nothing more than a signature and a little money.  I would suspect the guy pockets the money but who knows.  I shouldn't say that though...not very nice of me.  I did my part so that's all that matters.

I assume it requires a cap to detonate?  

Btw, how much $$ ?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:59:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Not to pee on anybody's thread, but I thought it was only legal if you had a same day blasting permit or an approved storage facility (bunker).  Storing extra's for later use is a no-no.  This is, IIRC.  I might (and probably am) be totally wrong on this one.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:11:58 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Not to pee on anybody's thread, but I thought it was only legal if you had a same day blasting permit or an approved storage facility (bunker).  Storing extra's for later use is a no-no.  This is, IIRC.  I might (and probably am) be totally wrong on this one.

Depends on the state.

Most do have laws against storing explosives in city limits though.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:26:25 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I assume it requires a cap to detonate?  

Btw, how much $$ ?

Yeah the guy gave me blasting caps for the job.  I asked him what they were...said they were called #8's.  Said it would get the job done.  I have no clue...never messed with this stuff before.  I think i'm going to get some help on the little experiment of mine.  Don't wanna die over something stupid.

As far as price I don't know if I got a good deal or not.  I paid $125 for 5 sticks.  Does anyone know if I did okay?  He said it was a good price.  It's worth it to me so I really don't care at this point.  As long as they work that is.  Not that i'm going to put my head down the hole and check if they don't.

I feel like a little kid.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:29:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Hopefully you'll still be recognizeable after putting the caps in the sticks.  

Be safe, try to find somebody who knows the stuff before losing life/limb over it.

Pics will be required
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:30:42 AM EDT
[#31]
A weather balloon with propane ,argon ,and acetylene in it ...
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:41:29 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Be safe, try to find somebody who knows the stuff before losing life/limb over it.

Pics will be required

Does this mean I can't drink while filming?  Being drunk will make it so much more worthwhile.

Nothing better than a drunkin yell when the shit starts flying.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:42:50 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Edit:  Couldn't sleep  

What state do you live in? I'm moving.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:05:25 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pics will be required

Does this mean I can't drink while filming?  Being drunk will make it so much more worthwhile.

Nothing better than a drunkin yell when the shit starts flying.

As long as the tape is rolling with a sober arfcommer at a safe distance.    The video would be worth it.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:20:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Hows about a 55gal trash can (plastic for safety) full of water.  Put a 2x4 (or something) across the top.  Tie off the stick of dynomite so that it will 'hang' about half way in the can.

Drill a hole in an old tree stump.  Im sure you get the idea.

Too bad you dont have electrical caps and det cord.  A bucket of gasoline with a stick underneath it would make one hell of a nice mushroom cloud.  Thats an atomized fuel bomb, btw, and you would probably attract some unwanted attention.  Be cool as hell though.

Have fun and be careful.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:49:47 AM EDT
[#36]
How big is this explosion going to be guys?  Should I blow all 5 at once or 1 at a time?  Give me some idea of how much damage 1 stick will do.  I wouldn't want to start a fire or anything I can't control.

ETA:  Going to try and get some again.  Check back tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:05:46 AM EDT
[#37]
How about doing a test on how good safes are?
It would be cool blowing up a safe or a gun safe

I know that thieves wouldn't use explosives to open safes like they do in the movies, but it would be fun

ETA; IIRC when Iraqi invaded Kuwait in 1990, the Iraqi army opened safes by first making a hole using an armour piercing round, then filling up the safe with sand and finally using high explosives to completely open it.
I remember hearing that they were going after precious metals, the sand would protect the bulk, and they didn't care if they destroyed other stuff.
That could be fun to do.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:13:59 AM EDT
[#38]
dynamite is NOT TNT

dynamite is mainly composed of nitroglycerin, which is less powerful than TNT.....(i think thats right--its been a while since chem I)

oh, a HEAT bank heist.....
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:05:26 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
dynamite is NOT TNT

dynamite is mainly composed of nitroglycerin, which is less powerful than TNT.....(i think thats right--its been a while since chem I)

oh, a HEAT bank heist.....

yeah, dynamite is definately not TNT but it does have a little bit in it. M1 military dynamite has 75% RDX, 15% TNT, and 10% desensitizers and plasticizers. watch out with dynamite because overtime it "sweats," especially older stuff.  if you store it you need to turn it over every few months or so. otherwise the compounds in it will drip out and could cause problems.

on the blasting caps, FOR GOD'S SAKE, DO NOT USE PLIERS TO CRIMP THE CAPS ON! USE REAL BLASTING CAP CRIMPERS!

i orgininally was going to go into detail on what to do with the dynamite, but all i will say is ANFO. you can research the rest. i don't want to get in trouble for giving out demo recipies out over the internet.

i am a combat engineer and a trained professional, so if you have any safety Q's, please ask.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:23:50 AM EDT
[#40]
$125?? Waste of money unless you had real work to do. You'd been better off buying a case of Tannerite, cheaper, stable and for all purposes just as much "fun" since that's your apparent goal. Plus you could have shared the experience with some shooting buddies and they'd enjoyed it as well.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:02:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Civillian dynamite, and military dynamite at not even close to the same thing.  I don't know why military dynamite is even called that as it doe not have the nitroglycerin in it, and is almost totally stable.
Neither is the same as TNT.  TNT is weaker than civillian, and IIRC military dynamite as well.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:22:08 AM EDT
[#42]
My grandfather was a coal miner in SW PA after WWII.  He said anyone worth their pick axe carried a case of dynamite in the back of the truck.  Back then he said you could buy it at the local hardware store.  Anyway he knows how to use this stuff and told me he shot about  2 cases a day for almost 10 years in the mines.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:31:15 AM EDT
[#43]
I remember my grandfather had 3 or 4 sticks of dynamite in his glove box to blow up beaver dams.
Back in the 50's, my great uncle had a half a case of dynamite in the trunk of his car that he forgot about. He disposed of it properly where "disposed" means "blew some sh*t up" and "properly" means "underwater".

They were good ole boys, never meaning no harm.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:35:31 AM EDT
[#44]
You are gonna take pics right? Remotely of course.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:40:12 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
A weather balloon with propane ,argon ,and acetylene in it ...

+1
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:43:13 AM EDT
[#46]
This has "The ARFCOM dynamite accident" written all over it.Nothing good can come from this if the phrase "Did I do good ?" was mentioned.

Make sure to snap some pics when the ATF,LEO,Fire,EMT,Homeland security come to take you away.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:44:42 AM EDT
[#47]
what ever u do, TAPE IT!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:45:44 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
[
on the blasting caps, FOR GOD'S SAKE, DO NOT USE PLIERS TO CRIMP THE CAPS ON! USE REAL BLASTING CAP CRIMPERS!

i

i am a combat engineer and a trained professional, so if you have any safety Q's, please ask.

IM this guy, get his phone # and TALK with this man!

From your posts, you really DON"T seem to know what you're doing.

All it takes is ONE SMALL mistake!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:47:27 AM EDT
[#49]
this is fun with tannerite..

find a big empty field..

take 3 loves of cheep bread... spread them out in a 5ft circle..

place 2 charges in the center..

waite for some crows...

POOF!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:56:02 AM EDT
[#50]
I wonder if this thread can be used as evidence in court against ARFCOM if something bad should happen ? ATF agents have most likely traced the original posters IP and they should be knocking on his door any minute now....

I'm all for civilians owning all kinds of stuff,but I draw the line at dynamite.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top