Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 11:32:35 AM EDT
www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=48161

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INVASION USA
Illegals threaten closure of emergency rooms
Florida hospitals face crisis of treating uninsured patients

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: January 3, 2006
1:00 a.m. Eastern

Hospital emergency rooms in Florida may soon be closing their doors as a result of increased demands by uninsured and under-insured patients – many of them illegal aliens.

According to a new study by University of South Florida researchers, much of the demand on hospitals comes from new residents of the state. More than half of all emergency room patients in some Florida hospitals do not have insurance.

Doctors who treat uninsured patients are not compensated for their treatment.

As a result, hospitals in Florida have lost surgeons and stand to lose entire surgical departments. Some hospitals are having a hard time getting physicians to work because they are choosing to work in other areas where they will be fully compensated for the treatment they give.

As WorldNetDaily previously reported, a study by a prominent medical attorney concludes the porous border with Mexico and the resulting influx of illegal aliens poses a major public health threat to the U.S.

Madeleine Pelner Cosman, author of a report in the spring issue of the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons, is particularly concerned with increases in multiple drug-resistant tuberculosis, chagas disease, dengue fever, polio, hepatitis A, B, and C, she told Lou Dobbs on CNN in June.

"Certain diseases that we thought we had vanquished years ago are coming back, and other diseases that we've never seen or rarely seen in America, because they've always been the diseases of poverty and the third world, are coming in now," she said.

As WorldNetDaily reported, even leprosy is suddenly on the radar of health officials.

Cosman recommends closing the border to all illegal traffic, rescinding the citizenship of "anchor babies," those born in the U.S. to parents of illegals, and making the aiding and abetting of illegals a crime.

"We have a terrible, absolutely vicious, law called EMTALA: the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act, which is really the culprit that requires every emergency room, and every physician of an emergency room, to treat illegal aliens for free," she said.

Cosman said 84 hospitals in California have been forced to close because of the high cost of treating illegal aliens with only 50 percent of all treatments reimbursed by government.

"Even physicians in those emergency rooms don't fully get the point that by being compassionate, and generous, and gracious, they are, in essence, destroying their own livelihoods as well as their own hospitals," she said.

While politicians often mention there are 43 million without health insurance in this country, Cosman's report estimates that at least 25 percent of those are illegal immigrants. The figure could be as high as 50 percent.

Not being insured does not mean they don't get medical care.

Among the organizations directing illegal aliens into America's medical systems, according to the report, are the Ford Foundation-funded Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund, the National Immigration Law Center, the American Immigration Lawyers Association, the American Bar Association's Commission on Immigration Policy, Practice, and Pro Bono, the Immigrant Legal Resource Center, the National Council of La Raza, George Soros' Open Society Institute, the Migration Policy Institute, the National Network for Immigration and Refugee Rights and the Southern Poverty Law Center.  these people need a reckonin' day

Because drug addiction and alcoholism are classified as diseases and disabilities,  the fiscal toll on the health-care system rises.

"Today, legal immigrants must demonstrate that they are free of communicable diseases and drug addiction to qualify for lawful permanent residency green cards," writes Cosman, a medical lawyer, who formerly taught medical students at the City University of New York. "Illegal aliens simply cross our borders medically unexamined, hiding in their bodies any number of communicable diseases."

"We've got us some mighty cheap 'maters. Course I reckon aunt May don't really need to be seeing no doctor anyway."
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:35:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Cosman said 84 hospitals in California have been forced to close because of the high cost of treating illegal aliens with only 50 percent of all treatments reimbursed by government.

I just thought that of the 50% of all treatments reimbursed by the government means that you and I pay taxes so criminals may receive health care at hospitals.

Pisses me off. Does it piss you off?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:38:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:39:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I lost count at 11 when i was counting southern California hospitals that were closed due to the financial impact of treating illegal immigrants who refuse to pay. Sad to see its up to 84 state wide now.  I weonder how many were trauma centers meaning accident victims have to travel farther for emergency treatment now?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:39:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Pisses me off. Does it piss you off?

Of course not....Health care is a RIGHT, I know it's true, I heard Hillary say it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:40:42 AM EDT
[#5]
You people are racists!

They are here looking for a better life and a chance to recieve medical attention that they wouldn't be able to get in Mexico.
fuckem
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:42:58 AM EDT
[#6]
When the Republican National Congressional committe called yesterday I told them to piss off and I told them why.

Hint: It has to do with the topic of this thread.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:32:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I lost count at 11 when i was counting southern California hospitals that were closed due to the financial impact of treating illegal immigrants who refuse to pay. Sad to see its up to 84 state wide now.  I weonder how many were trauma centers meaning accident victims have to travel farther for emergency treatment now?

I can't imagine. We all hear about how there aren't enough hospital bed to go around if we have a disaster. Maybe, maybe not I seem to have that idea in my head. If we have a major or minor disaster there won't be enough trained medical personel to handle it well. Well thank you Mr and Mrs illegal immigrant for ruining one more thing.

It's all good until you choke on that cheap lettuce (picked by illegals) in your mexican dish prepared by your maid (illegal), sitting on the cheap deck chairs (built by illegals), on your manicured lawn (landscaped by illegals), and choke and almost die. Actually you do die, since the only trained medical person is over 2 hours away since they all went bankrupt. However since the town you live in has had a majority of mexican natives for years and they really know how to do bidness. There is a vet clinic down the road they know about that is ran by an almost vet. Really nice guy, but never finished vet school, never got accepted to med school. But he knows the mayor and the mayor knows the chief of police and the chief knows the local prosecutor so they let him practice medicine until he can get certified. It'll only cost you $5,000 to get an appointment since the docotr needs to pay part to the mayor, who gives part to the chief, who gives part to the local prosecutor. Eh, that is the way of the mexicans. And who can argue with the way things are. It's almost like mexico since 95% of the old village is here in this new village.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:35:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
When the Republican National Congressional committe called yesterday I told them to piss off and I told them why.

Hint: It has to do with the topic of this thread.

I did the same thing. They said they were collecting to fight Hitlery's run for the presidency. I told the guy I'd vote for her in a heartbeat if she developed a strong anti immigration platform. Kind of felt sick to my stomach saying that, like I'd just agreed to french kiss the devil.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:40:01 PM EDT
[#9]
IBT Greywolf2112, who works at one of the biggest hospitals in FL...I'd like to see what he thinks about this.

PAGING GREYWOLF!

Edit-Cash is king people.  I'm sorry but you can't support everyone.  Look at how fucked up Canada's "free" healthcare system is."

tag...I'm going to search for the thread to this video that will show you why...Click me
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:41:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey!  No problem in Alachua County!  We have an Indigent Healthcare Surtax.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:42:45 PM EDT
[#11]
there used to be two or three trauma centers here in Tucson

now there's one.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:43:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Its gonna get a whole lot worse before it gets better
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:44:16 PM EDT
[#13]
It is way past hospitals closing down.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:52:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:54:24 PM EDT
[#15]
I know this is going to come off as sounding pretty stupid but - I just don't understand why WE THE PEOPLE can't/won't do something about ILLEGAL immigration.  

Yeah, I know.  I've heard/spoken all the rants and arguments, but this is getting insane.  It's really time to make this the #1 issue with our Legislators.

Don't think it's that bad?   Come visit Houston . . .

CMOS  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:02:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Shoot em Shovel em and Shut up.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:24:29 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I know this is going to come off as sounding pretty stupid but - I just don't understand why WE THE PEOPLE can't/won't do something about ILLEGAL immigration.  

Yeah, I know.  I've heard/spoken all the rants and arguments, but this is getting insane.  It's really time to make this the #1 issue with our Legislators.

CMOS  

The people have done something about the immigration problem.

The president called them vigilantes.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:46:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Shoot em Shovel em and Shut up.

They're dying as it is.. just shovel and shut up.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:58:05 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CMOS  

The people have done something about the immigration problem.

The president called them vigilantes.

Isn't it insane. We can project power across the globe, topple regimes, foster democracies in the world but wa can't protect our own people from an invasion that they are drowning in.

A few people show the can do spirit that ( i think bush has even spoken about) our nation was built on. Those precious few people talk about enforcing the law and all of a sudden they are vigilantes. Rice is flying to mexico to suck Fox's cock reassure mexico that no mexican citizens will be harmed and that the full weight of the federal government will come down upon any American citizen foolish enough to wake from their tv induced slumber and actually do something. Why? How can a few Americans get the leaders of the most powerful nation on the planet fearful. So fearful that they resort to retoric. Retoric that we haven't seen since Waco and Ruby Ridge.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:11:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
You people are racists!

They are here looking for a better life and a chance to recieve medical attention that they wouldn't be able to get in Mexico.

fuckem

Actually, there is a National Health Care plan in Mexico.  Indeed, many Americans have taken advantage of it - they have to pay a premium which is nominal, at most, to get treatment and discount (actually, really cheap) pharmaceuticals.

Maybe they can't get the high tech, "way out there" treatments in Mexico, although they are reasonably advanced there, but most treatment is no problem.

As an interesting aside, the author of the report, Ms. Cosman, says:   "Even physicians in those emergency rooms don't fully get the point that by being compassionate, and generous, and gracious, they are, in essence, destroying their own livelihoods as well as their own hospitals," she said.

Many, if not most physicians are of a liberal mind and, like virtually all liberals, they don't "get it" when it comes to the consequences of their ideas.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:13:46 PM EDT
[#21]
If we just pass a national health care system it will solve all of these problems.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:49:54 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
If we just pass a national health care system it will solve all of these problems.

Bzzzzzt!

Ohhhh soooo sorry...wrong answer bud.  Play again.

In that video I linked above, the people said it takes 3 years to get a knee replacment in Canada.

If you need cancer treatment it takes about the same time or more.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:53:17 PM EDT
[#23]
One of my customers at my biz I closed in 03 was a fireman so he was on a lot of 911 calls.  He told me about the typical illegal's medical treatment :

jose's gotta cold, runny nose, don't feel good. He call 911.

EMT's come with sirens a going.  

jose say 'me sick, you take me to hospital'

EMT say 'you go see Dr. tomorrow'

jose say 'no, I demand you take me hospital now'.

EMT has to do it.  It's the law.

jose come to emergency room in ambulance he go right in and see Dr.

jose get all good shot and pills  and go home all happy.

hospital does not even make any attempt to collect the bill.

They must teach this stuff in Mexican grade school or its in handouts at the local 'immigrant help center' or something.  It makes me sick how they all know how to abuse the system to the max.

I hope the politicians are finally waking up to the ground swell of discontent that is sweeping through the voters/tax payers of this country.  I think/hope 06 will be  the start of good things for  addressing this ridiculous situation.

rj
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:59:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:01:19 PM EDT
[#25]
as someone who just got hit for 3K in the last 2 months in med bills that were above and beyond what my insrance covered

FUCK UM!!!! get the fuck out of my country and take your TB , HIV , and god knows what else with you

Ok done ranting

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:32:19 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bzzzzzt!

In that video I linked above, the people said it takes 3 years to get a knee replacment in Canada.

yeah, that was a cool video ... notice who posted it here.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:36:50 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bzzzzzt!

Right.  

So it begs the question...if a national health care system doesn't work there, how the fuck will it work here?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:45:35 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bzzzzzt!

Right.  

So it begs the question...if a national health care system doesn't work there, how the fuck will it work here?

Canada makes it illegal for people to go into private practice. It's either the government system, or go out of the country to get healthcare.

We'd just remove that. Then the dirty rich people will be forced to pay into the national healthcare system while still being able to pay extra to private doctors to get service if the national system isn't good enough for them.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:46:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Vinny the Fox is pissed now cause of the proposed wall, the wall he equates to the Berlin wall, well that wall was to keep people in, this new wall is to keep people out...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:54:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Is there a list anywhere of hospital closings by state?

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:28:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Law Enforcement 101

Pro-immigrant activists in California decried as racist a city's plans to train its police to help enforce federal immigration laws, reports the LA Times.

The City Council of Costa Mesa voted last month to allow its police officers to question suspects arrested for other crimes about their immigration status. Mayor Allan Mansoor insists that enforcement will focus on those accused of serious crimes and that random sweeps are not part of the plan.

Protesters who attended a city council meeting, however, said the initiative is racist. About 80 of them turned up waving hand-painted signs reading, "Nobody Is Illegal" and "Mansoor Is a Bigot." Other signs proclaimed the United States the property of Mexico and Americans as the interlopers.

"We demand a reversal of the agreement," said Coyotl Tezcalipoca of the Tonantzin Collective, a pro-immigrant group
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:32:49 PM EDT
[#32]
I guess more of them will just have to go north into other states to get their health care.  This ought to be a crime, it is no less than the Bataan Death March for these poor people so they can simply get health care.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:35:29 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Is there a list anywhere of hospital closings by state?

Health care costs (including those due to uninsured) by state: Report

Still coming up empty on hospital closings... any ideas?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:36:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Oh, where to start........
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:37:01 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bzzzzzt!

Right.  

Paging Dr. Obvious

Dr. Obvious, Red_Beard is making use of a literary device called "sarcasm."
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:43:26 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:44:09 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Oh, where to start........

hey Doc, you're up north, surely the problem can't be as bad up there as it is in the warmer latitudes...

(seriously, is there a general listing somewhere of hospitals by state, and their status? I know a lot of former hospitals in my neck of the woods have closed or downsized their critical care facilities and now chopper patients to the big places in Pittsburgh - there are over a dozen (STAT Medevac & Lifeflight) in the air just about constantly - am guessing that is getting more common)

Would be interesting to look at data (or better still, maps) showing % increase or decrease in available beds...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top