Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2001 12:24:31 PM EDT
I saw this rifle recently, it was marked 'Reising .351' on the barrel, and '.351' on the bolt and the cartridges were headstamped with .351 SLR ( Ammo looked just like pictures I've seen of .351 Winchester used in their model 1907 self loading rifle )

The rifle had what appeared to be about a 7-10 round magazine which had two vertical grooves on each side as did the mag well.  The location of the mag well and the mag release look very similar to pictures of the Model 50, 55, and 60 Reisings that I've seen, as well as the H&R Leatherneck .22 rifle.  The charging handle was accessed through the bottom of the stock forend.  On the rear of the receiver was a very nice Redfield peep sight.

So far I have not been able to find any information about this piece and am dying to know more about it, thanks!

Link Posted: 8/6/2001 5:44:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?  Bueller.....?

[:D]

Btt
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 6:53:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Btt and stuff...
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 7:34:36 AM EDT
[#3]
No reference source I have shows any reference to the H&R Reising being made in any cal. other than .45 (and .22 if you count the Leathrerneck).
Since you're shown as being up in Mass., if this gun is in private hands, I'll bet it was a demo, or experimental model that someone "liberated" from the plant.  I can understand H&R wanting to cut in on Winchester's police market, and up til the 60's, the .351 was the "police rifle". If you can get a pic of the gun and post it, I'd be interested in seeing it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 8:39:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I will see if I can get any pictures, wouldn't be for a couple weeks though.

Is H&R still in business?  And if so, is it in bad form to contact them about information regarding a possible prototype/experimental firearm?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 6:53:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Btt, anyone know if H&R is still in business?  And where I might find contact info?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 5:57:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Last I heard, they were dead as a dodobird. That might be how that .351 got liberated.  Asset clearance sale??
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 12:23:55 PM EDT
[#7]
ARGH! [:D] I think you're right about it being liberated...

Anyone know how to get in contact with any of the 'historians' that frequent Tales of the Gun?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top