Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2001 4:38:58 PM EDT
I use a norelco 3405 lc for my face and mustache,while a bic original single blade takes care of my neck and my wifes coochie,using edge gel,of course.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 4:41:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I couldn't grow facial hair if my life depended on it. [:(]
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 4:45:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Barabasol menthol and Gillette Mach 3, just like grandpa used back in the big one.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 4:46:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I couldn't grow facial hair if my life depended on it. [:(]
View Quote

You mean we'll never see you with a "Fu-Manchu" setup ???[:O]
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 4:52:41 PM EDT
[#4]
No Fu Manchu sadly. When I was teaching Kempo, I tried growing a goatee at first then the fu manchu. Cause I thought it would look cool in my gi. But it looked like patches of un mowed grass on my face. So I went with the pony tail instead. Chicks dug it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 4:57:26 PM EDT
[#5]
The Mach III rules.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 4:57:31 PM EDT
[#6]
.......KABAR.....[;)]

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 4:57:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Heavy full beard.  Only shave high sides of cheeks and small area on neck.  Trim back beard every 6 weeks to avoid birds nesting attempts.

Use Edge Tough Beard gel and Bic Metal razor.

Big, Hairy, Ugly, Dumb, that's me...  

Link Posted: 8/5/2001 4:58:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Gillette CustomPlus disposables.
Use one every morning while talking a shower.  Just use whatever bar soap is available.

Growing a beard hasn't been a problem for 20 years or so.  But there sure are a bunch more grays on my face then there were just 5 short years ago...

PS, I probably get about 10 shaves out of each razor.

Link Posted: 8/5/2001 5:14:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Hint,What do you guys use for the best shave on your woman!?
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 5:18:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I got a free sample Mach III in the mail the other day - it's the best razor I've ever used.
Now I just need to use it more often....

[:)>]

Link Posted: 8/5/2001 5:19:52 PM EDT
[#11]
The Mach 3 is THE shit. I got one in the mail a couple of months ago, but I didn't try it out until about three weeks ago. I was completely amazed to say the least. It is the smoothest shaving easiest to use razor I have ever owned. One pass is all it takes.

I heard the blades are a little expensive at about $10 for 5, but Im still on my first one and its still doing its job.

I think Ill keep using it until someone invents some type of laser contraption that will zap all of the hairs without me doing anything.

Michael
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 5:30:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I use a Mach III and love it.  I tried to use a bic disposable in a pinch once and about cut my face off!

I don't shave, I clear brush!

Now, I am more interested to see what Miss Magnum, ARlady, and the others females use to shave their...........hmmm, I'm being bad now!
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 5:42:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I use a Mach III and love it.  I tried to use a bic disposable in a pinch once and about cut my face off!

I don't shave, I clear brush!

Now, I am more interested to see what Miss Magnum, ARlady, and the others females use to shave their...........hmmm, I'm being bad now!
View Quote

Hey, aren't you the guy who won the rifle the other night? If you are (Im too lazy to go check) then congrats....

Michael
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 5:44:38 PM EDT
[#14]
A Ka-Bar.[BD]
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 5:45:28 PM EDT
[#15]
and what do you care what the OTHER ladies are using?

hey guys!  hadn't heard anyone mention this, but i thought i'd let ya all know anyway.  i have a home-based business.  and one of the products is a skin cleasning gel.  the really cool thing is that it doubles as a shaving gel.  and it's aloe vera based which soothes your skin as you shave, much better than those discount store brands.  it's also concentrated, so a little goes a LOOOONNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG way.  one bottle lasts me about 3 months for washing my face twice a day.  so it would probably last about 4-6 months for shaving.

here's a link with a description.
[url]www.trekallianceonline.com/jsppages/GoToBigBaseId.jsp?baseid=45[/url]

special one time offer for AR15.com members too!  just let me know if you're interested.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 5:46:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hey, aren't you the guy who won the rifle the other night? If you are (Im too lazy to go check) then congrats....

Michael
View Quote

close, he won the range bag.  woo woo!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 5:58:32 PM EDT
[#17]
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/gardenWeasel%2Fshave%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 6:00:13 PM EDT
[#18]
another vote for the mach III and edge sensitive skin shaving cream.

[:)]
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 6:09:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Well, I start by making her comfortable in a warm bubble bath. Once she has soaked for a while herself (while I get the gel and razor out) I then slide into the tub also. I find you get a much better angle if she sits leaned back on your legs. Once everything is shaved, you then get some nice soothing after shaving lotion and apply it to the newly shaved area. At this point... Oh wait, you ment ME?? Mach 3...

Aviator [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]

Edited to fix my Pilot Smiley
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 6:46:16 PM EDT
[#20]
mach 3
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 6:51:21 PM EDT
[#21]
 I use the old fashioned razors that take the
ACTUAL razor blades . I tried trac II and other
disposalables but the old fashioned worked the best and longest . They are hard to find now .
I went to a church rummage sale a couple years ago and a lady gave me 3 or 4 or them free .
I should have enough of them to last the rest of my life now . Kind of like preban razors .
  Plenty of barbasol and colgate too .
I have used the edge and have a small can of that in my travel bag for trips n such .
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 6:52:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Rechargeable Norelco for touch-ups.

Sensor Excel and Edge for those 5-day tough jobs.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 7:17:06 PM EDT
[#23]
mach III
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 7:24:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Gillette Mach 3 and edge foam, I like it better than the gel. Got a Braun 5556 for the quick shave.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 7:31:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 7:41:11 PM EDT
[#26]
plain jane dispasable.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 7:49:58 PM EDT
[#27]
I use some electric shaver that I got last Christmas and it doesn't work too good.

I saw some show on t.v. where in the middle east the barbers there use a quick application of a flame from a lamp to burn off stubble.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 7:50:32 PM EDT
[#28]
sometimes electric some times a bic disposable depends on how long its been
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 7:55:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Bic twin blades. I usually shave in the shower. The hot water opens the pores and relaxes the beard for a very clean shave and and no skin irritation. No cream just soap up the face.  Keeps me looking young. Just the other day two 22 year old hotties guessed me at ten years younger than I am. Made my day. When I can't shave in the shower I use Gillette Foamy. I was issued it in boot camp(back then I didn't need to shave) every time I use it I think of Parris Island.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 8:01:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Gillette Mach3 and the water on my face from just out of the shower.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 8:04:06 PM EDT
[#31]
We really need to get a life.....
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 8:59:18 PM EDT
[#32]
mach 3
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 9:11:39 PM EDT
[#33]
MACH III

it is the best at this time. I cannot stand electric razors, makes me break out in red bumps and feels like sand paper. as far as foam I use the aloe.

Chris

NRA
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 9:42:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 9:49:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Started on electric, now I use a Mach 3.  Shower is definantely the place to shave.  
I kept the goatee, because I want to enjoy lunch after hours as well.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 9:57:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Anyone use a straight razor???

I have read up on them (always interested in the old ways). Some of the web sites state that if you maintain a straight razor it will be the closest, smoothest shave one will ever have.

Just wondering... I too am like loardtrader... not much facial hair. I have been able to grow a mustache, but that is is. I tried the Mach III, it didn't work for me. Went back to a Gellete Sensor (twin blade).
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 10:05:05 PM EDT
[#37]
I use cheap razors. I don't use shaving cream. Just a little soap in the shower and the scruff comes off.

All you fancy people and you new-fangled stuff. Back in the day we used to use a sharp rock, and you were lucky if you got some warm water.
You know back in the early 90's when I started shaving.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 1:51:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 2:28:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Make mine a Mach III and Gilette Cool Wave Shaving Gel
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 2:28:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
At the risk of really embarrasing myself, here's me about six years ago with my scruffy-ass beard, and now clean shaven.

[img]http://www.ecis.com/~weasel/temp/pete01.jpg[/img]
View Quote
Holy shit!!!
Six years ago you looked just like my brother!!!
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 2:36:07 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm a Mach III man myself. I use it to shave my entire head (except for goatee and eyebrows that is.)
I do my shaving in the shower and there's no need for foam. But back when I used foam I used Edge.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 5:12:14 AM EDT
[#42]
I've got a heavy beard (goes with my heavy gut, I guess [:)]), so I only trim the cheekbones, under the chin and my neck.  Used to use cheap BIC disposables, and always had a neck that looked like hamburger.

Got one of those Mach III razors free in the mail.  Man, it was like a revelation!  I shave in the shower, and the first time I tried it I was calling out to my wife like a lunatic, "Hey, Jen, you gotta check this out!!!"  She, more wise than I in these matters called back, "Shut up and stop getting water on the floor!!".

Anyway, my neck is now as smooth as a new chrome-lined chamber!  For anyone who hates to shave, run, do not walk, to your nearest store and buy one of these razors.  Worth every penny.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 5:29:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 5:33:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Mach III.

Now the real question.  How long can you make a Mach III blade last?  They are expensive but they last a long long long time.  Just like the bunny... still going
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top