Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2001 5:01:45 PM EDT
Its on a shortened H&H case.Its shorter than the 7MM Remington Mag.Its built on a 96 Mauser action,so hence the case length.It was built up as a benchrest gun or varmiter.very heavy barrel.Sling swivels is why i believe its a varmiter.Any info would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 5:50:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 5:52:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 6:36:34 PM EDT
[#3]
It was designed by one of the old guys
Warren Page is in my head but I don't think that is correct.Was 0.8 inches shorter than 7mm.
Sort of a precursor of the short fat magnums that have come out in the last 3 years.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 6:36:36 PM EDT
[#4]
It could be a 7*61 Sharpe & Hart Super.

I hear it's a fine cartridge, but it offers no real benefit over other 7mm's out there to offset it's "reloader only" status.

PS: I'm not a big reloader.  The only reason I'm aware of this is that I've held a Dick Chandler Custom sniper rifle chambered for this cartridge.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top