Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2005 12:33:19 AM EDT

Yeah!  Drugged out zombies with no ablity to think or react to our incoming fire, just charge and shoot.

Can you say "Target rich environment"?

www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=16433322&method=full&siteid=94762&headline=exclusive--iraq-fanatics--kill-pill-name_page.html

EXCLUSIVE: IRAQ FANATICS' KILL PILL
Iraq drug makes rebel fanatics fearless

Exclusive By Chris Hughes

A DRUG which makes users feel superhuman is being taken by rebel fanatics before they launch attacks against UK troops in Iraq.

The pill - filled with addictive stimulant methamphetamine - is given to insurgents so they have no fear of taking on heavily-armed Coalition forces.

Now senior British officers fear the courage drug, which is known as a "pinky", is flooding Basra where it could help fuel a second armed uprising.

Last night a senior Army source, who returned from Iraq two months ago, said there was a " big drugs trade" in Basra and feared leaders of different terrorists groups would hand out the pills to their followers.

The insider added: "Members of Muqtadr el-Sadr's fanatical Mehdi Army who've taken it have been known to stand in front of US armoured vehicles and open fire almost oblivious to the tank's guns.

"American officers think that suicide bombers may also be given pinkies to psyche them up before carrying out an attack."

Methamphetamine - one of the chemicals in the courage drug - is related to amphetamine but the effects on the central nervous system are greater.

Users feel a huge surge of energy and confidence 10 to 15 minutes after they have taken a dose.

The precise contents of the pills is classified information.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 12:36:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I hear they are taking quite a few drugs. Also when your goal is to die your not going to have a whole lot of fear towards anything.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 1:13:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Methamphetamine Psychosis is a bitch.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 1:29:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Methamphetamine Psychosis is a bitch.

+1

I don't think allah would approve.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 1:29:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Its getting old, Neutron Bombs please
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 7:21:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Iraq drug makes rebel fanatics fearless

Rebel fanatics?

Have Imperial troops entered the base?
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 7:40:15 AM EDT
[#6]
That's wonderful news! American and British gunners would love to see more terrorists charge out from behind their concealed positions.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 8:17:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Now where have I heard of stoned savages Muslims attacking Americans before???  Oh yeah, in the Phillipines in the early 1900's.  Didn't that prompt the adoption of the .45ACP to replace the .38SPC too???
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 8:18:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Isn't "pinky" Brit slang for a penis?
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 8:18:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Shooting tweakers: Sounds like fun...
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 8:22:06 AM EDT
[#10]
seems like i heard in falujah that they were tournquetting their arms and legs and then injecting themselves with adrenaline. soldiers would find empty syringes and bottles of the stuff in the houses.

essentially the same thing only more of a sudden rush of energy.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 8:23:15 AM EDT
[#11]
We need to replace the pills with a slow release posion.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 8:32:53 AM EDT
[#12]
We should get American pharmaceautical companies to sell brain-altering drugs to terrorists. It will help our economy and impair their fighting ability.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 9:56:23 AM EDT
[#13]
this is nothing new.  the germans used amphetamines like crazy in WW2, they even developed a concoction which was a mix of methamphetamine, cocaine and morphine and tested it on concentration camp prisoners, but i don't think it was ever deployed.  the air force uses "go pills" to keep pilots awake for long periods of time.  NASA astronauts took it as well:

" The Apollo 13 astronauts-- frightened, isolated, cold, exhausted,
thirsty, and in one case infected, took amphetamines on doctor's orders
on their last leg of the journey before re-entry, a period in which
many complex and unrehearsed tasks had to be done, and during which
certain simple mistakes meant death.  Instead of collapse into the arms
of the doctors after being plucked from the sea in their capsule and
put on deck, these half frozen and tortured men emerged from their ship
smiling and waving and standing on their own feet."

just wanted to point out that this is nothing new and has been used by fighters on both sides for decades.

Link Posted: 12/2/2005 10:10:29 AM EDT
[#14]
not to mention that around a million children in the US regularly take dextro-amphetamine (a.k.a. adderall) for attention deficit disorder.  while certainly not as potent as methamphetamine, it is still an amphetamine, with all the associated risks and complications.  it kind of bothers me that these pills are being given out to kids as young as four.  the gov't and medical community like to say that these drugs are harmless when used under a doctor's supervision, but i have known people who have developed serious addiction/withdrawl and health problems from starting out using adderal as perscribed under a doctor's supervision.

sorry for the mini-rant
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 11:04:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Jacob's Ladder?
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 10:13:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Hashish   Hashshasun  Assasin

Shiite Muslims who operated in Iran and Syria from the 11th to 13th centuries

The Hashshasuns would smoke Hashish prior to their assasination attempts or becoming martyrs

Nothing new here

How about the Mew York Slimes do 46 Front Page News Stories ( like Abu Ghraib ) featuring the fact that the Terrorists (insurgents) in Iraq  are using these drugs ( who is providing them I wonder ? )
to whip themselves up to attack Coalition Forces and Innocent Iraqis

It was also reported that the Terrorists who attacked teh schoolchildren in Beslan were High on Drugs
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 10:16:35 AM EDT
[#17]
I'd like to think that our CIA is supplying it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 11:22:40 AM EDT
[#18]
MEh amatuers! Meth to crank people up? that's stupid. The drug of choice for me would be Phencyclidine, or PCP! You basically lose all touch with reality and literally become immune to fear or pain. In the 1970's Police had tons of stories of people getting shot like 10 times and still going strong or punching store glass and not even realising they shattered their hand. Problem is the people become so insane that proper tactics go out the window. Only good for losers who want to die anyway. It is reminiscent of the "berserkers" of the Norse, they foam at the mouth and are in a frenzy but they also attack allies as well as enemies. It is belived that they too took drugs to put themselves in the craze.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 11:25:09 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I'd like to think that our CIA is supplying it.

Wish they'd supply something lethal, then, and spare us the drama.
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 3:12:43 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
It is reminiscent of the "berserkers" of the Norse, hey

re: the viking bersekers.  what drugs would they have access to, besides mead/alcohol?  i bet they probably had amanita muscaria, but somehow i can't see vikings munching on mushrooms prior to battle?
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 3:23:22 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It is reminiscent of the "berserkers" of the Norse, they foam at the mouth and are in a frenzy but they also attack allies as well as enemies. It is belived that they too took drugs to put themselves in the craze.

re: the viking bersekers.  what drugs would they have access to, besides mead/alcohol?  i bet they probably had amanita muscaria, but somehow i can't see vikings munching on mushrooms prior to battle?

Historains do belive it was a Psychadelic, A mushroom, but not Amanita. Could also have been Marijuana. Both "hemp" and Poppy were grown in scandinavia at that time.   Not only were there a few natural Mushrooms growing in Norway at the time but despite what people think trade with far away people was quite brisk. Examples of Scandinavian armor can be found as far as India and China. In fact before battle they had to control themslves to prevent attacking their friends so they would knaw on their sheilds! If you look about the net you'll find some "berserker" pics with them doing that. Meth heads are known for grinding their teeth while high. Vikings.........The original crackheads!!!!!                   +=

Heres a link, scroll down half way to see the "shieldbiter" not to be confused with a pillow biter!
shielbiter
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 3:34:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Just think, the ones that don't rush headlong into combat stay back while they are tweaking and disassemble the guns, clean them, clean the house, wash the car, do the dishes, fold the laundry all in a half hours time.
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 3:43:48 AM EDT
[#23]
"It's a fucking turkey shoot"

(For those that will recognize that)
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 4:42:23 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
"It's like a fucking turkey shoot"

(For those that will recognize that)

Fixed it.

I need to get me the full lenght version of that. SPR fire is like music to my ears
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 4:53:40 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Hashish   Hashshasun  Assasin

Shiite Muslims who operated in Iran and Syria from the 11th to 13th centuries

The Hashshasuns would smoke Hashish prior to their assasination attempts or becoming martyrs

Nothing new here

How about the Mew York Slimes do 46 Front Page News Stories ( like Abu Ghraib ) featuring the fact that the Terrorists (insurgents) in Iraq  are using these drugs ( who is providing them I wonder ? )
to whip themselves up to attack Coalition Forces and Innocent Iraqis

It was also reported that the Terrorists who attacked teh schoolchildren in Beslan were High on Drugs

According to Marco Polo, the source of this legend, it wasn't smoked before their deeds, it was used as a reward afterwards. The reason is simple enough -- people who have taken either opium or hashish are not likely to be in the mood for violence.

The guy who ran the group would drug recruits until they passed out and then they would wake up in a beautiful garden surrounded by women. They were told that this was heaven and, if they followed him they could go back there. Here is Marco Polo's description:

"Now no man was allowed to enter the Garden save those whom he intended to be his ASHISHIN. There was a fortress at the entrance to the Garden, strong enough to resist all the world, and there was no other way to get in. He kept at his Court a number of the youths of the country, from twelve to twenty years of age, such as had a taste for soldiering... Then he would introduce them into his Garden, some four, or six, or ten at a time, having first made them drink a certain potion which cast them into a deep sleep, and then causing them to be lifted and carried in. So when they awoke they found themselves in the Garden.

"When therefore they awoke, and found themselves in a place so charming, they deemed that it was Paradise in very truth. And the ladies and damsels dallied with them to their hearts' content...

"So when the Old Man would have any prince slain, he would say to such a youth: 'Go thou and slay So and So; and when thou returnest my Angels shall bear thee into Paradise. And shouldst thou die, natheless even so will I send my Angels to carry thee back into Paradise.'"

(from 'The Book of Ser Marco Polo, the Venetian', translated by Henry Yule, London, 1875.)

Link Posted: 12/4/2005 4:53:57 AM EDT
[#26]
just like the skinnies all fucked up on khat. what is there not to like?
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 6:47:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top