Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2001 12:51:00 AM EDT
[URL]http://www.mises.org/fullstory.asp?control=739&FS=Doomsday%2BBlueprints[/URL]
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 1:39:57 AM EDT
[#1]
"How different the twentieth century might have been if people had understood the arguments for peace and freedom. Sacrificing human liberty at the cost of state power has had only disastrous results. The antidote to war—and total war and the total war mentality—is liberty, not slavery. But of course, this goes entirely against the grain of statist thinking. The goal of the doomsday planners—like all central planners and bureaucracies—was the continued survival of the government and its rule over the survivors of the very same holocaust that it brought about."

Yada, Yada, Yada...

Yeah, yeah, thank you Reverend Liberal.  I would assume we should have just let the Russians take over then?

No, I have a better idea! Just let everything go to hell if this does happen.  Don't try to maintain order or help get everything back to "normal" as quickly as possible.

Another idiot with all the answers to none of the questions.

Link Posted: 8/1/2001 2:12:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey "platform", did you even bother to read the article??

The Feds had their doomsday plans to overrun all state and local governments, "relocate" people to camps, and federalize essentially every aspect of life -- complete totalitarianism -- if the country got nuked.  And all you can do is whine about how the guy must be a "liberal" because he doesn't like the ideas?

IIRC, the standard comment is, "Your an idiot."
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 2:55:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Amen Brother Platform,

Kids these days I'll tell ya!  Some people are so damn gullible.  I bet the author of the cited essay probably believes that having the whole of the (male, 17 to 45) populace armed would somehow prevent any foreign power from invading and take control of our beloved system of gub'mint!

Russians Hell, if it weren't for our outstanding standing army even the Canadians could have swooped in and taken over if we left "National Security" to the "People"!  I wish Mr. Smarty-Pants would tell us how we could bolster Latin American dictatorships and various murderous (but yet misunderstood and ahead of their time) regimes in Africa, Asia and Europe?  How could we have thrown the lives of countless Amerikan boys down the drain without our central Juggernaut?

If the shit ever hits the fan I surely hope that "they" can keep our glorious Union and Federal gub'mint in tact till it's all over, over here.  Think of all those useful civil servants without a job, all that lost productivity!  I shudder at the mere thought of the people not having the Feds to turn to whenever they really need something, like their ass wiped or some other national crisis.  I know my town (DC) would be completely different without the Feds and all their money (not to be confused with YOUR money) and jobs!
rDAm
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 5:05:59 AM EDT
[#4]
"IIRC, the standard comment is, "Your an idiot."

Oh my, spoken like an expert on the subject.  Must be true then.

In the event of a total nuclear strike on this nation, the mixture of air and ground burst multistage fusion weapons would leave, at the very least, 3/4 of the population dead.  D-E-A-D...  It is very unlikely any state capitol would not be a sheet of glowing glass.  There would not be any "state or local governments" left to overrun.  Just finding something nonradioactive to eat would be a major undertaking, therefore staying alive a priority.

These plans were put into place in the event the unthinkable took place.  "Sacrificing human liberty" would be the least of the survivors worries.  Salvaging human civilization is more along the lines of these plans.

Now, who is the idiot, "Sir"?  
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 5:15:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hey "platform", did you even bother to read the article??

The Feds had their doomsday plans to overrun all state and local governments, "relocate" people to camps, and federalize essentially every aspect of life -- complete totalitarianism -- if the country got nuked.  And all you can do is whine about how the guy must be a "liberal" because he doesn't like the ideas?

IIRC, the standard comment is, "Your an idiot."
View Quote
You would expect civility after a nuclear attack?????  If you read the article, it appears that this guy's answer would have been to just surrender, as that is the only way to avoid a nuclear war.  Actually, he doesn't really say that, but that's what it sounds like.  He doesn't like the idea but has no other solution to present.  He doesn't really say much of anything.  I see a lot of complaining with no answers and a lot of statements that have no evidence to back them up.

achmed, why do you have to get personal and call someone an idiot?  Platform called the author of this article an idiot, but that was not aimed at you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top