Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2001 8:18:12 PM EDT
Since Beekeeper1 asked I thought I'd post an update to my family dilemma.

Spent 6 hours in court today.  5.5 of it for me were in the hallway as I had to testify last.

I got to tell my side of the story in how the ex always meddles into our family and tries to udnermine everything we try to do with the child.  I got to tell about my relationship with the boy (good) and basically had the court agree that I thought I acted in an appropriate, allbeit politically incorrect, way.  I was simply told never to spank the child again.  Fair enough!  Child also testified and told court he was not afraid of me and the he and I loved eachother which we do.  The judge enjoyed having the kid on the stand and the boy liked it to.

My wife keeps her child and the only thing that was done was the judge bashing her and her ex for failure to resolve their problems outside of court (not my wifes fault as she tries) and their obvious lack of ability to communicate.  Judge says they had the kid, they got divorced they should both be responsible for his raising.  He also acknowledged that being a step parent was a monumental undertaking.  

He ordered two calls a week from our home to the ex and two a week from the ex to us. Good idea.  In addition, he ordered counseling for the child as well as parenting classes for my wife and I (good idea again).

Judge was very impartial but he must be.  He lives two doors down from my in-laws, goes to church with my brother and all the other stuff you'd expect from a small town.  Judge knows the ex is a Dic* anyhow.

Said if that my wife and her ex did not work out their issues that he would rule in 6 months if forced to.  We all got 6 months to get this mess cleared up.  As for me, my dog (as though I ever had one) is outta this fight.  I will no longer act as though the boy is mine.  He ain't!

We went away with a victory but the ex sure had a long unhappy ride back to Georgia.

This was his 3rd attempt in 7 years to take the boy.

3rd and counting that is.............

Thanks guys for your prayers and well wishes.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 8:27:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 8:31:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Glad to hear it all worked out.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 8:33:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Glad things went well, hope you dont have to go through this again.[:D]
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 8:47:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm also glad to hear how this has turned out.
I hope you won't need to go through this again. mmk
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 8:56:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll keep you on my list.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 10:25:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys.

So glad this is over with for now.

He will challenge again oneday but for now we are okay.

Thank you all for your concern.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top