Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2005 10:16:12 AM EDT
OK, I have 2 email accounts:

Bellsouth for personal stuff.

Yahoo for business stuff.

I use Mozilla Firebird as my primary webrowser.

The other day my Yahoo account stopped working correctly. Inbound emails still arrive but I cannot reply or send new emails.

I checked it with Internet Explorer and determined the Yahoo isn't the problem as it works with Internet Explorer and so does my Bellsouth account both of which can send and recieve emails with IE.

I tried my Bellsouth account with Mozilla and it works to both send and recieve emails.

The only thing that doesn't work it Yahoo mail with Mozilla. It will receive but won't send emails.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 11/16/2005 10:25:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Technically, the web browser isn't sending or receiving mail.  It's just loading pages from yahoo to read mail and submitting web forms to yahoo to send mail.  What are the symptoms of failure when sending?  You see your inbox and press ____, then ____?  You're reading a mail and want to reply and press ____ and then _____?
Link Posted: 11/16/2005 10:28:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I have been sending and receiving on Yahoo via Firefox 1.0.7 without problem this week, including earlier today.

What happens when you try to send? Do you just not get to the "Compose" window?

I sent you an email via Yahoo / Firefox a minute ago to your AR15.com email address.
Link Posted: 11/16/2005 1:15:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Technically, the web browser isn't sending or receiving mail.  It's just loading pages from yahoo to read mail and submitting web forms to yahoo to send mail.  What are the symptoms of failure when sending?  You see your inbox and press ____, then ____?  You're reading a mail and want to reply and press ____ and then _____?

When I try and reply it gives me the reply page that allows me to type a reply. It's just when I hit "submit" nothing happens.
Link Posted: 11/16/2005 1:17:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When I try and reply it gives me the reply page that allows me to type a reply. It's just when I hit "submit" nothing happens.

Define "nothing."  Does it give you an error?  Does the page flash?  Or does it do absolutely nothing?
Link Posted: 11/16/2005 1:28:25 PM EDT
[#5]

They probably did something to there website that made it not work with your browser. You could try upgrading your Firebird.
Link Posted: 11/16/2005 1:33:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Define "nothing."  Does it give you an error?  Does the page flash?  Or does it do absolutely nothing?

Does absoluely nothing. Hit the submit button and nothing.
Link Posted: 11/16/2005 1:37:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does absoluely nothing. Hit the submit button and nothing.

They must have changed to some internet-explorer specific script on the page.  Can you copy and paste the source of the web page where you try to reply?
Link Posted: 11/16/2005 7:36:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

They must have changed to some internet-explorer specific script on the page.  Can you copy and paste the source of the web page where you try to reply?

Ummm the webpage is Yahoo mail.

And this is why I HATE computers.

I got fed up with it and just uninstalled and reinstalled Mozilla to try and correct the problem KNOWING that it would cost me all my logins, saved passwords and preferrences.

And my yahoo mail STILL WON'T WORK.

Computers suck.
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 9:19:59 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ummm I don't have a Yahoo mail account, so I can't get to the "compose" page.  That's why I asked you to do it.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 9:22:47 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

open firefox go to tools then options.  make sure java and javascript are enabled.

Link Posted: 11/17/2005 9:26:05 AM EDT
[#11]
I signed up for a Yahoo mail acct and can send mail fine from Firefox 1.5.  Either run 1.5 (if not already) or check for javascript being disabled as recommended above.
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 9:30:34 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ummm I don't have a Yahoo mail account, so I can't get to the "compose" page.  That's why I asked you to do it.  

Oh gotcha.

http://us.f330.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?box=Inbox&Mid=3300_3270678_1129850_1329_1258_0_40381_2614_645927772&inc=&Search=&YY=32300&order=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=b

I also tried to switch to Firefox.

I downloaded FF1.7 but all my connections get refused. I tried to troubleshoot it but am getting nowhere.
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 9:35:35 AM EDT
[#13]
OK

does this web page work test  then click login  the orange button
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 9:38:16 AM EDT
[#14]
I had the for two days.  downlaoded firefox and it works now.  Sounds like Yahoo has an error.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 9:39:59 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I had the for two days.  downlaoded firefox and it works now.  Sounds like Yahoo has an error.  

my yahoo account works
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 9:42:53 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
OK

does this web page work test  then click login  the orange button

Yep.
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 9:44:07 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

my yahoo account works

I downloaded Firefox 1.7 and it has a connection issue I can't resolve. Acts like there is no net connection when there is. No pages load and the "help" page did offer and solutions that worked.
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 9:49:30 AM EDT
[#18]
try opera
and did you check to see if java and javascript was enabled

Link Posted: 11/17/2005 9:16:40 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
try opera

Both enabled.

Seems (according to Mozilla forums) that Yahoo made some "improvement" that doesn't quite blend with Mozilla Firebird.

Sometimes I just wish people would leave shit alone.

The only thing that fucks things up more regular are Norton "improvements."
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 4:01:29 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
try opera

Both enabled.

Seems (according to Mozilla forums) that Yahoo made some "improvement" that doesn't quite blend with Mozilla Firebird.

Sometimes I just wish people would leave shit alone.

The only thing that fucks things up more regular are Norton "improvements."

y

you need to ditch nortons anyways  symnrt (manual removal tool)  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top