Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2001 11:54:11 AM EDT
Does the Colt have a sear block? What is the deal with small vs large pins? Are standard parts interchangeable with the Colt Match target rifles? Any info would be appreciated.
BTW the reason I'm asking is that MD law states that the Colt Sporter is'nt a regulated firearm like all other assult style rifles and I am wondering why? I don't want to register anything with the state police, and will have to get the Colt instead of the Bushmaster so I don't have to register. Also how is Colt's quality?
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 12:01:39 PM EDT
[#1]
NOT TRUE!  You aren't stuck buying Colt.

Other H-Bar AR-15s are exempted from the Maryland Assault Weapon Law.

Now some shops interpret the law to mean just Colt, but a call to the MSP will straighten them out.  Better yet, just shop at the Gun Rack in Burtonsville (south of Columbia) and all Bushmaster H-Bars are sold over the counter (as many as you want, no wait, NICS check only)

I've bought 3 Bushmasters and 1 Rock River Arms in Maryland and only got stuck doing the Regulated Firearms crap on 1 of them (I should have shopped elsewhere or involved the MSP)

See the Maryland AR-15 Shooters Site at [url]http://communities.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite&naventryid=100[/url] for more info.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 6:28:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you, Fight4yourrights. That is exactly the answer I was looking for. The idiots at Gilberts and Atlantic guns don't know what they are talking about and were not very helpful at all. Well I guess they will be loseing about $700 worth of business.
I looked at the MDAR-15 site and thats why I was wondering about the "H-Bar" question. Guess I will be takeing a little trip to Columbia!
[;)]
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 7:31:19 PM EDT
[#3]
enemy of the state--you can buy any "HBAR" rifle.  Just call the state police dude at Jessup.  He told me it has to be a 20" barrel, but some MD dealers sell 16" HBAR barrels as unregulated.  If I were you I would hit a gun show in VA or PA and get one there.  Dark Sun guns at the last Leesburg show has Bushie HBARs for around $600-650.

I have to say that I like my SAR-2 a bit better than my Bushmaster.

GunLvr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top