Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2001 9:01:42 AM EDT
I have gotten about 30 emails from this person since Saturday.

I think its a virus. The subjest line keeps changing and the text still uses the same bad grammar.

Text is as follows:

[i]Hi! How are you?

I send you this file in order to have your advice

See you later. Thanks[/i]
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 9:11:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 9:11:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I hope you didn't open the attachment.  Its the "SirCam" virus....nasty one...
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 9:32:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Figured something was up.
I blocked it and it goes right to the Delete bin. I never open attachemnts after being burned by the Love Bug virus. Lost a lot of jpegs to that one.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 10:17:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I have received the same e-mail 3 times, the latest this morning at 0527 hours. Today is the first time I noticed the paper clip icon. I moved the cursor over the paper clip and a box appeared and the text stated "attachment."
I remembered Goatboys post and deleted. I pray they catch the bastards if they are not the bastards.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 4:44:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Just received about the 45th email since Sat from the Sheddy Forester. The subject line keeps changing. Emailed Prodigy about blocking the emails before I get to see them. Hopefully that will help.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top