Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2001 10:08:57 AM EDT
I AM SURE THIS HAS BEEN DISCUSSED MANY TIMES IN THE PAST BUT I AM NEW TO THIS BOARD AND WANT TO MAKE THE BEST DECISION POSSIBLE. I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM OWNERS OF BOTH THE COLT AND OLYMPIC ARMS 9MM SYSTEMS.WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES AND/OR DISADVANTAGES OF THE COLT 9MM SYSTEM VS. THE OLYMPIC ARMS CONVERSION? THE OLYMPIC KIT IS HALF THE PRICE OF A COLT. THIS WON'T BE A FACTOR IN MY DECISION IF THE QUALITY ISN'T THERE.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 10:57:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Consider tossing capslock.  

KWH- I just tackled that question myself and settled on the Oly.  I fired the colt system, which is the only one that locks the bolt open after the last round, and found it to ftf and fte a bit too much. It may have been a replacement mag though which are not nearly as good as the super pricey colt mags (up to $130 a piece).  The oly on the other hand comes with a nice warranty , a god rep for customer service and like you said is much cheaper, and with a socom mag block you can get 10 32 rnd mags for about $112.  
Jk
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top