Posted: 7/29/2001 10:02:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 10:06:19 AM EDT
[#1]
when were the shops open for the day?
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 10:27:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 11:18:47 AM EDT
[#3]
The Bushmaster door kickers were there last year by NRA week. ???

I've also noticed the smug attitude of the Fulton Folks.  I don't know of anyone who has had them work on their rifle.

Commercial row is worth the drive in Ohio.

Try to find some 20 rounders from Georgia Precision mine were Colt in excellent shape.

Doug
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 11:38:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Sherluk seems to travel around quite a bit.  I seen them at the gun show held at the Eastern State Expo. here In Western MA.  They were very friendly, and had a neatly kept display.  I found their prices fair.  Of course they had "FN" parts, so who knows who actually made them.  I seen their $400 kits, they said they had Wilson barrels.  I know they beat all the prices I seen at the show on things like USGI cleaning kits, barrel wrenches, action blocks, and barrel vice blocks.  

Sherluk was also one of the few dealers at the show that carefully wrap the stuff that you bought.  I bought quite a few small pieces ((3) lower kits, (2)A2 recieivers, (1)flat-top receiver, barrel wrench, and a long list of bits and pieces), and the girl wrapped each part in newspaper and put them into a bag.  Most venders just hand you the 20 pieces and say have a nice day.

I wish I got a chance to go to Camp Perry this year, even if it was just to watch and help out.

OSA

edited due to loss between my brain and the keyboard............lol
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 12:15:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I had Fulton build me a rack-grade M1A on a Springfield receiver.  They were always very friendly on the phone, and the work was absolutely top-notch.  The rifle they made me is head and shoulders above Springfield's factory guns, and it is better than any of the 8 USGI M14's I've been intimately acquainted with.  They are spendy, but they are also a very small shop.  I've bought parts elsewhere, but they get all my M1A gunsmithing business.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 12:34:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Fulton Armory built an M1A for me on a Springfield Armory M1A receiver out of all USGI Winchester parts. Took a couple of months, but it was worth the wait. Beautiful rifle. They also were a good source for AR parts during the dry pre-Y2K days. No one else had AR bolt carriers. I was able to get a couple from F-A at pretty close to the "normal" price. They ship fast and reliably, so I can put up with "snooty" when they come through when no one else can.
BTW-Bushmaster's web site says they are going to be at Camp Perry, I guess for this week.    
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 3:39:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top