Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2001 6:27:06 AM EDT
i am applying for my C&R and was wondering about a few things. After sending a copy of my C&R to a dealer, i can then place an order for a gun. Is this shipped directly to me? What other fees are involved in the transaction? Thanks in advance.
-jay  
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 6:49:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Assuming that the gun is on the C&R list or is C&R eligible, then yes, it is shipped directly to you. The only fees involved are the shipping and handling, or sales tax if you're in the same state as the dealer (in which case you won't need a C&R or an FFL).
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 6:50:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 6:54:36 AM EDT
[#3]
The 4473 and NICS are not required for C&R licensees. You may "dispose" of your C&R firearms to someone who is not otherwise legally prohibited from possessing or owning firearms and need to record the disposition in your bound book. You are not, however, permitted to engage in the business of dealing firearms. I'll leave that part to your own interpretation.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 7:01:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Jay, when you say "place an order for a gun" you obviously mean a gun on the C&R list ??
Assuming you are buying a C&R gun the dealer can ship directly to you.
So far as fees there should be none.
Say you were buying an ArmaLite AR-18 machine gun, a C&R gun, on a form four - after BATF approval the machine-gun "must" be shipped directly to you as that was the way BATF approved the deal.
You'll find that some FFL dealers are jerks and will refuse to ship C&R guns, machine-guns excepted, directly to you even though you are properly licensed for the transaction.  You might consider finding another seller to do business with unless it is one of those I've-got-to-have-it deals.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 8:48:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone have a link to this "C&R list?"

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 8:52:39 AM EDT
[#6]
If you go to the BATF's homepage, you'll find links to this and other C&R and FFL items.
[url]http://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/curios/sec2.htm[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top