BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2001 6:54:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 6:58:07 AM EDT
[#1]
It's warming up down here.....[}:D]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 6:58:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I take offense to the title of this thread, and demand it be locked.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 6:59:39 AM EDT
[#3]
let me be the first, you have one sick sense of humor.  i like it.  loved my ar15.com email temp. password.  i lauged for hours.  

dang, too late to be first!  well, third then.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 7:07:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I kinda like you, Goatboy. I think we'll keep ya.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 7:10:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Uh, check the date on the Milk in your fridge dude. I think it's bad.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 7:11:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 7:14:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

You claim the name Moderator, why dont you lock it ???
[X]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 7:15:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I think you're doing a great job!!!(now just pick my damn name in the Rifle Raffle!)[beer]

Link Posted: 7/27/2001 7:18:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I love you guys, no seriously... at night I undress you with my mind and we all wander the hill sides of Europe nekkid and eating bowls of Jello...
-- GB
View Quote

UH-OH!!!
Sounds like he broke
up with RBAD again
and he's out on the prowl.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 7:21:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 7:24:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 7:30:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I love you guys, no seriously... at night I undress you with my mind and we all wander the hill sides of Europe nekkid and eating bowls of Jello...
View Quote

Uugghh!!!  I'm not coming here anymore!!  
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 7:30:41 AM EDT
[#13]
I hate everyone and everything and need a safe anonymous place to vent.  It's just more fun to pick on moderators because they tend to act against my breaking the rules.  After all, it's a "public" forum right?

[:D]

Keep up the good work! And don't worry about us whiners, sh*tbirds, bedwetters, and malcontents.  Cheers to Ed for this site, and to all you masochists who are titled "moderator"!

[8P]

Link Posted: 7/27/2001 7:34:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 7:35:45 AM EDT
[#15]
For people who are supposed to be on the same side, we sure are at each others' throats quite a bit.  I'm not suggesting that we should not disagree, it just seems as though almost all debates on this forum become uncivilized remarkably quickly, where at least two people are exceedingly hostile toward one another.  The moderators generally come into play after the poop has made contact with the ventilation system.  In this respect it seems to me that the moderators are the least of the problem.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 7:40:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 8:30:31 AM EDT
[#17]
I hereby declare today "International Blame It On GoatBoy Day".

It's great having a scapegoat.  Thanks, GoatBoy.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 8:36:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By California Kid:
I hereby declare today "International Blame It On GoatBoy Day".

It's great having a scapegoat.  Thanks, GoatBoy.
View Quote
That would be ScapeGoatBoy, wouldn't it?
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 9:02:04 AM EDT
[#19]
[img]http://vitriol.fluidlight.com/sa/oneshots/sci-fair.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 9:04:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
[img]http://vitriol.fluidlight.com/sa/oneshots/sci-fair.jpg[/img]
View Quote

Oh MAN!!!!!!!!!! that's a gutbuster!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for that, man!!!

Perhaps that science project will discover that the reason for stupid posts is that people have teh same brain as used in the movie "Young Frankenstein" - from someone named Abby Normal.

[:D]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 12:01:34 PM EDT
[#21]
You ask why should moderators not be allowed an opinion? That is because the handle of moderator carrys with it an air of authority. Kind of like a cop going to a gun show in uniform while off duty and talking anti gun. It give an official capacity of credibility to thier opinions which should not be there.

When on duty moderating I thing the moderators should do just that, For example I moderated this for this reason and no other.
If a moderator expresses dissenting opinions on a topic and then later moderates that topic it appears to the common man as an abuse of authority.

Simple answer is to use thier Member/Moderator name when doing thier job and to set up a second identity expressing opinions.

Sure would be simpler if people had the spunk to use actual identities but most people don't have the wherewithall to do that and need the security of some cutesy CB handls.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 12:18:10 PM EDT
[#22]
I think only the ones that don't play well with others, and end up getting their threads locked, are the only ones that care.

I enjoy reading everyone's opinions. Whether I agree with them or not.  

Sometimes, not often, but sometimes this old dog learns new tricks.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 12:34:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Some of us are cute and some of us are just smarta**es!
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 12:57:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 1:05:39 PM EDT
[#25]
You made my point exactly acting as a Goderator should.

You asked for opinions on something.
Then when someone gave you an opinion on something instead of saying thankyou for your opinion it will be taken under advisment your response is more similar to if you don't like my opinion then why don't you just leave.

Why did you ask in the first place if your opinion was the only one going to count in the final decision?
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 1:18:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 1:19:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By David Hineline:
You made my point exactly acting as a Goderator should.

You asked for opinions on something.
Then when someone gave you an opinion on something instead of saying thankyou for your opinion it will be taken under advisment your response is more similar to if you don't like my opinion then why don't you just leave.

Why did you ask in the first place if your opinion was the only one going to count in the final decision?
View Quote

Smellyfish[whacko][sniper]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 1:26:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
For people who are supposed to be on the same side, we sure are at each others' throats quite a bit.  I'm not suggesting that we should not disagree, it just seems as though almost all debates on this forum become uncivilized remarkably quickly, where at least two people are exceedingly hostile toward one another.  The moderators generally come into play after the poop has made contact with the ventilation system.  In this respect it seems to me that the moderators are the least of the problem.  
View Quote

Well, thats the thing, we are not all on the same side. The ONLY thing we can all agree on is the right to own and bear arms. Other than that, we are all as different as snowflakes. Expect disagreement, expect arguments, that's what happens in GD type discussion boards. TRy another other discussion board and you will see the same thing.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 1:44:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 2:13:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 4:01:07 PM EDT
[#31]

I wanted to say that many of you guys think that moderators shouldn't be able to post their opinions and should concentrate on moderating. What the hell kind of crap is that!?!?! Ok we'll do that once you guys type with your noses and only about AR topics. (Neither one makes sense to me!)

I guess I mistook the question "What the hell kind of crap is that" as a request from the peanut gallery as to what there mindset is when they post that moderators should not be allowed an opinion

I now understand that your intent was never to seek advice/opinions from others but just to chastise those who express thier opinons.

I am sorry that I mistook your original post.

I also have no intention of running and complaining to mommy of the site if someone calls me a poopy head. If I don't like something a moderator has done I will take it to them directly, if they did this or started something in a public forum I will keep it in a public forum not go running into e-mail land.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 5:23:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

YOU BASTARD!!!!  I can't believe I didn't think enough to register this name too....

Damn me..   [>(]  [>(]  [>(]  [>(]  [>(]

Link Posted: 7/27/2001 5:48:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 5:59:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 6:03:40 PM EDT
[#35]
It's a sad state of affairs that this forum needs any moderators.

If we could just ignore the trolls and use some constraint in what is posted we'd save GB a lot of grief.

Link Posted: 7/27/2001 6:18:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 6:25:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 6:32:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
                                              If someone posted that the sun came up in the east they would get flamed, its just the way of the world.
View Quote

Just becasuse thats your opinion doesn't mean you need to cram it down our throats.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 6:38:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 7:37:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Hmmmm, what favor of jello did you have in mind? mmk
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 7:11:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By David Hineline:

View Quote

The Gods phuck with mortals because they can
[smoke]
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 7:16:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top