Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 10/13/2005 10:07:59 AM EDT
But ALL of their Winchester Value Packs.

You can get 100 rounds of 115 gr. 9mm for about $11.35. As a dealer I can get them for $10.80 IF I buy a case at a time but shipping that much weight cancels out the savings even with the local sales tax. Ends up being the same either way.

I usually order 2 or 3 cases (1,000 per case) at a time cause I go through a LOT of 9mm pretty regular. But if I'm in the area I'll grab some at Wally World.

But the best part of buying local is going to the Wal Mart Super Store and buying ALL of it.

Today I bought 12 boxes (1,200 rounds). You and I know it's no big deal but I don't think the guy behind the counter is used to selling more than a box a week.

Just love the look on his face.

Me: Winchester white box 100 round value packs of 9mm.

Him: This one?

Me: Yeah, I'll take 20 boxes if you have that many.

Him: [Looking at me as if I'm wearing a Kleibold and Harris Fan Club T - Shirt] Are you serious?

Me: Yes.

Him: We only have 12.

Me: Guess that will have to do.

Also fun when the receipt checker at the door wants to verify your purchase. Told her to be quick about it cause "I got things to do."

So I figure I'm on at least 3 local watch lists with a possible BOLO.

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:10:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought you were going to say steal the scooters from the fat people.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:10:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I might have done that once or twice......

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:12:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I like to pitch a tent, start up a grill and start cooking and handing out burgers.

Put on one of the tan shooting vests from the hunting department and they just think you work there.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:14:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Told her to be quick about it cause "I got things to do."

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:15:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Hell I used to buy 2 or 3 at a time and get funny looks.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:16:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Did you also say, "hook it up nigga!!"
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:16:54 AM EDT
[#7]
And IBTL with the above comment.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:17:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:18:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:18:32 AM EDT
[#10]
My brother and I used to take turns dressing and acting like a retard in Walmart.  We could grab ass, play with toys, put on all the clothes and drool all over crap.  Nobody said shit...until my brother grabbed a cashiers boob.  Turns out she knew our family and knew that my parents didn't have any retarded kids.  We got a good assbeating for that one.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:19:12 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:23:09 AM EDT
[#12]
I know exactly what you're talking about!

I was headed up to do a DE class and stopped by Walmart to pick up some WWB 9mm. I asked the guy how much he had. He said 8 boxes, so I told him I'd take it all.

You should have seen the look on his face!

And if that wasn't enough I hand him a wad of $20's to pay for it. I think that REALLY scared him, so he breaks out the little counterfeit money pen and starts scribbling it on all of the bills to make sure they were legit.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:27:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Definition of BOLO?
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:28:10 AM EDT
[#14]
You've kinda got to expect a reaction when you buy a large quantity of ammo from Wally World.

But a couple weeks ago I went to Academy (local sporting goods store) and bought the 250 round 9mm value pack of Remmington UMC. The guy behind the counter hands it to me with the comment "that's some heavy duty shooting!"

Shut up baldo, that like an hour at the range! What is the world coming to when you can buy a couple hundred rounds without having some jerk say something stupid. Especially in Texas!!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:30:14 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You've kinda got to expect a reaction when you buy a large quantity of ammo from Wally World.

But a couple weeks ago I went to Academy (local sporting goods store) and bought the 250 round 9mm value pack of Remmington UMC. The guy behind the counter hands it to me with the comment "that's some heavy duty shooting!"

Shut up baldo, that like an hour at the range! What is the world coming to when you can buy a couple hundred rounds without having some jerk say something stupid. Especially in Texas!!!

I went to the Acadamy and took shit from some employees for looking at a Bushy.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:31:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Referrence to this post:

Absolute BEST Email Price Negotiation Technique I've Ever Seen...

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:32:56 AM EDT
[#17]
lol...I'm going to Wal Mart after work today!
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:33:55 AM EDT
[#18]
The looks you get from other customers as well as the whispered commetns are more priceless than that of the clerk...especially after doing it weekly all summer long
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:34:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Also fun at Wal -Mart.........

Get a carton orange jiuce put it in your pantleg witha hole poked in it and walk to the restroom !!

When the paging system comes on Curl up in a fetal position on the floor and scream "Oh No it's those voices again!!!!"

Set up Epic battles between G.I. Joe and the X-Men in the toy isle!!!(P.S. Sgt ar15 please ignore! it's only a joke!!)

You know just use your imagination.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:35:56 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Definition of BOLO?

Be On the Look Out for.......white male, medium height, medium build with 1,200 rounds of 9mm. Obviously up to something. Over.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:37:57 AM EDT
[#21]

A friend and I used to go in every week and start throwing a Nerf football around. Soon we'd hear "Turn on security cameras in Zone xxx - Area xxx."  What? Is that us? So we'd look at the nearest camera and wave.

Then it'd get to the point we would hear such an announcement as soon as we walked in the front door.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:39:23 AM EDT
[#22]

it's understandable when you think about what the douch hears on the news.

"...and in local news, authorities siezed a veritable weapons cache today from 67 year old Bob Smith of Localtown. Included in the siezure were two assault weapons and several hundred rounds of high-power ammunition..."

my father used to think i was a maniac when i'd get deliveries of ammo at home. this was until i took him shooting for the first time and HE shot 500 rounds by himself.

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:40:15 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Also fun at Wal -Mart.........

Get a carton orange jiuce put it in your pantleg witha hole poked in it and walk to the restroom !!

When the paging system comes on Curl up in a fetal position on the floor and scream "Oh No it's those voices again!!!!"

Set up Epic battles between G.I. Joe and the X-Men in the toy isle!!!(P.S. Sgt ar15 please ignore! it's only a joke!!)

You know just use your imagination.

You have to start using his new screen name.  He won't answer to sarge anymore.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:44:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Got the same response when I asked for Remington UMC .223

Me: I need .223 ammo
Her: How many boxes?
Me: How many you got?
Her: Alot
Me: Just put em' on the counter till I say stop.
Her: ???
Me: Oh yeah give me two boxes of the 100rd. 9mm ammo!
Her: What the hell are you gonna shoot??
Me: Hopefully just paper!
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:45:34 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Definition of BOLO?

Be On the LookOut {for}
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:46:37 AM EDT
[#26]
We need to coordinate a nation wide Walmart Value Pack buy out, down to the minute. That should
get some good rumors started.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:48:27 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

A friend and I used to go in every week and start throwing a Nerf football around. Soon we'd hear "Turn on security cameras in Zone xxx - Area xxx."  What? Is that us? So we'd look at the nearest camera and wave.

Then it'd get to the point we would hear such an announcement as soon as we walked in the front door.

A little paranoid are we? In case you haven't noticed the security calls are made every 30 minutes(depending on the store). Doesn't matter who is doing what in the store, the calls mean nothing except to scare shoplifters.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:48:32 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I thought you were going to say steal the scooters from the fat people.

Laugh, you bastards. When I took kitty to Wallyworld that time, the old bag at the door offered me a scooter.

WTF is a blind man going to do with a scooter? Let his guide animal drive?

Yeah, right.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:48:39 AM EDT
[#29]
My Wally World has green box Rem-UMC 9mm for $4.27 a box (50). the Winchester and CCI blazer is only a few pennies more.

I have a good supply.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:49:16 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

P.C. Teletubby.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:49:32 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
We need to coordinate a nation wide Walmart Value Pack buy out, down to the minute. That should

Better get them now while there is still time:

FLASH ******* Zombie Alert *******

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:50:49 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
My Wally World has green box Rem-UMC 9mm for $4.27 a box (50). the Winchester and CCI blazer is only a few pennies more.

I have a good supply.

Yeah but why would you buy that crap when good ammo is just a buck or two more?
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:51:06 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Except 5 ARFCOM'ers would show up at the same Wal Mart and a fist fight would erupt over who gets to buy how much.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:55:51 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Except 5 ARFCOM'ers would show up at the same Wal Mart and a fist fight would erupt over who gets to buy how much.

Correction; gun fight.

And it would be bush's fault.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:56:29 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Holy crap Steyer you wanna hear some crazy shit...Tuesdaty night I actually heard a officer safety BOLO that came out of St. Lucie county about 2 BMs that had bought a "large amount of .45 caliber and ak47 assault rifle ammunition from walmart"......they didnt do anything except buy the ammo. One had on some stupid shirt that said crack dealer or something like that. Couldnt believe that they would bolo that.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:57:48 AM EDT
[#36]
got the look last week when I bought 4 of the bulk packs of remington 22 ammo, the crippled kid behind the counter looks at me through the sides of his eyes and says "you know these is for a rifle.......righty?", so I give him a simular look , and reply, "no shit, they make rifles for these?" give him the thumbs up sign and say "fuckin A man, now I can stop hittin'em with a hammer".

the little bastard was smarter than he looked, he called the mgr. over and I had to show them my DL, so I went ahead a bought 10 boxes of 12ga. high brass #4 that I didn't need, just to let them know I was serious or worry them, depends on who you asked,  first time I ever had them carry my ammo to the car for me, but I deffinatly know how I'm gonna act( )from now on when I buy ammo there.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 11:01:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 11:03:25 AM EDT
[#38]
I was on a trip and was scouring the Grants Pass Oregon area for 5.56mm once, since I thought I could buy local  (mistake - could only find 340 rounds in 3 towns, 7 stores)

I stopped in a gun store, he had some.   He offered me a deal if I took all 10 boxes.     Hell, I was buying them all anyway.  I would have bought more if he had it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 11:05:29 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Pleazzzzzzzzzzzze!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 11:13:31 AM EDT
[#40]
I bought all or the 100round value packs mine had, the kid asked me if I was going to war
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 11:19:40 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Now that's about the funniest thing I ever heard.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 11:20:47 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
My brother and I used to take turns dressing and acting like a retard in Walmart.  We could grab ass, play with toys, put on all the clothes and drool all over crap.  Nobody said shit...until my brother grabbed a cashiers boob.  Turns out she knew our family and knew that my parents didn't have any retarded kids.  We got a good WELL DESERVED assbeating for that one.

fIXED IT dv8
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 11:22:56 AM EDT
[#43]
What's real fun is to follow old folks around, and put stuff in their carts when they aren't looking.

Good items are condoms, sex lube jell,  etc....

Then watch when they go to ring out at the cash register - and get all pissed "that isn't MINE!"
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 11:23:38 AM EDT
[#44]

Looking at me as if I'm wearing a Kleibold and Harris Fan Club T - Shirt

BTDT, only when I bought all the .45ACP WWB they had

Where's that pic about "9mm is for women and pansies" when I need it
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 11:25:14 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I might have done that once or twice......

I tried that, not iwth 9mm because Canuck Wal Marts don't stock "pistol" ammo, but I did it with the .22 Dynapoint ammo, they woudl not let me buy more than 4 bricks.

I had to go 3 times a day to get it all. My 10-22 and PPS50 love that stuff

Other fun is going to the WalMart in ChinaTown with my truck with the "Boycott China" Bumper sticker on it    No one has done more than shoot me a dirty look, guess the 6'3" 250lb Cowboy marching in makes them rethink doing stupid stuff
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 11:25:15 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Looking at me as if I'm wearing a Kleibold and Harris Fan Club T - Shirt

Not coming out of a MP5 it isn't.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 11:25:54 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

You know... You could probably do it too, with all the people with weird senses of humor around here.

Thing is, they don't sell any of my calibers in value packs.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 11:27:08 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 11:28:12 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I bought all or the 100round value packs mine had, the kid asked me if I was going to war

+1 I was buying a box of Hollow Points for my .40 cal. and pulled a round out of the box to check it out. The guy beside me saw the BIG ASS cavity and said "Your gonna hurt someone with that" so I said "If someone breaks into my house their gonna be more than hurt" and then I smiled  at him.

He musta turned 8 shades of pale before walking off with me and the sporting goods guy laughing.

I love messing with sheeple
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 11:28:25 AM EDT
[#50]
I do this too.  I use a lot of Win. white box 9 mm for USPSA competitions and practice.  

The most they've EVER had at any one time was six 100 rd boxes, which I bought.  There was a certain level of tension after that.  

I would never call going to WalMart fun though, even for a lot of decently priced ammo.  Tolerable at best.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top