Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2001 10:19:03 AM EDT
Anyone have any recomendations for a good W wA FFL to handle transfer on the group purchase deal? TIA

lunchtray
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 2:11:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, it all depends on where in WA you ask.  Ya mean north west WA, as in the Seattle area, south west WA as in Battleground (and area), Central WA as in Yakima/Ellensburg/ Tri-Cities, Eastern as in Spokane.  The Pullman area doesn't have much, last I checked.

If it's the Yakima county area, I got a buddy that I plan to ask to sent his FFL to Grinn&Barrett (Castle Arms).

Oh, transfer fees...he's very, very, very nice.
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 2:42:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, I didn't see the typo. I meant Western Washington. Preferably along the Everett/Tacoma corridor, but I would be willing to go a little beyond that for a really good deal.
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 6:08:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 6:50:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 6:56:27 PM EDT
[#5]
bullseye in tacoma started charging more($40.00). another place up the street i started using is champion arms in fife. (gun prices are a little high, but ffl transfers are cheap $10to$20)
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 7:02:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Check WWW.shotgunnews.com and follow the links to FFL, they will help you locate one in your zip code/. I was able to locate a dealer only three miles from where I live, and I never knew of him. Most FFL (individuals) will charge $25.00 for the paper work.

karlozg
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 7:35:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm going down there from the Everett area to see what he'll do a DSA STG58 Kit for.
View Quote

Why would you go to an FFL to get a kit? Anyone can buy those as they are not a complete firearm.
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 7:58:13 PM EDT
[#8]
THE GUN ROOM IN CHEHALIS WILL DO THE GROUP RIFLE PURCHASE TRANSFER FOR FREE.  IF THIS DEAL GOES THROUGH CONTACT STEVE @ 360-748-4742 OR EMAIL [email protected] -
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 8:00:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 8:16:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Well I myself would rather NOT reveal critical information to a completely anonymous guy such as lunchtray.....

Perhaps major businesses that deal with weapons sales are his only option....but methinks he desires more....kinda like an insiders tip on the smaller FFL....One more to fry eh?

Satans little helpers...the ATF*ckers. [rail]

Link Posted: 2/19/2001 8:19:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm having my buddy do mine.  What are buddies for right?
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 8:27:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Damn I missed the party I think.

Is it a done deal now?????

The ar15.com Bushy deal went through???

Where is the link.

Railgun.....[rail]
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 8:32:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Railgun, I am not a BATF agent out to get people. I've never transfered any firearms before and I just want to know who board members have had good experiences with. I have checked shotgunnews and gunbroker and I am just trying to get an idea of who isn't out there trying to take advantage of people.
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 8:49:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Well then, fire off an email with your data and I will reply with an FFL in Snohomish county.

Railgun....[rail]
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 8:59:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Railgun, check your email
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 9:34:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Try D.J.'s Loan and Sport, Inc.
10412 Beardslee Blvd.
Bothell,WA
I have had GREAT luck with these guys, at first glance it seems like a pawn shop, but it carries some high end stuff.
Bruce has ordered several guns for me, a couple of times he beat the best price I found on the internet. He even found me a PSS for less than anyone in the U.S.
He has done several transfers for between $15 and $25 but he is even better at finding a lower priice on the item so you save cash and he makes a small profit.
If going from Everett take 405 twrds bothell, take a R at the Beardslee blvd. exit, go west right as you get to town its a small place on the right. Worth the trip.
(425) 486-1919
I still need to ask about some transfers for our group buy.
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 10:20:05 PM EDT
[#17]
DJ's is a good choice.  Also try Cascade Pawn in Lynnwood.  Good people at both places.    
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 10:23:58 PM EDT
[#18]
There is a pawn/gun shop in downtown Renton, around the corner from the old fire station. Can't remember the name, but, he seems to be a really good guy. (Lots o' stuff stocked too) $20 Transfer..

B

BTW, I have had some not great experiences with Wade's. And, if they stock (or can get) the item you want... they charge quite a fee to do a FFL transfer. Wanted quite a bit o dough when I inquired about my HK91. Just my .02
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 11:29:39 PM EDT
[#19]
I know it's north of what you are looking for, Kesselrings in Burlington and Greenes Guns in Oak Harbor will do FFL transfers for $20.00.
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 11:35:30 PM EDT
[#20]
In the Tacoma area, try Cheap Shot.  They are a small outfit, but only chagred me $15.  I don't have the address or phone handy, but they are just off of Hwy 512 on Pacific Ave.  I have also used Bull's Eye in Tacoma, but paid $20, not $40.  I used to like FW Discount Guns, until they charged me sales tax on my out of state purchase.  Wades in Bellevue, I don't know out the FFL transfer fee, but everything else in the store is overpriced.
Link Posted: 2/20/2001 9:10:50 AM EDT
[#21]
I think the store PoppinFresh is refering to is Ben's Loans. They have some interesting stuff in there, but what really sells the place is the customer service. It seems like every time I buy from them they either eat the sale tax, or throw in something extra.

Kyle
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top