Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2005 9:31:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:38:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Only in America.. foreigner makes 50 million spouting the news to America.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:41:03 PM EDT
[#2]
You'd think with that much he could have left me something?  Patty
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:42:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Never liked him, but if there was someone who could have filled Bond's shoes it was him.

I didnt like him, but he could have been James Bond, don't you think?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:45:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I really don't have a comment for the size of his estate. I just like to hear, again, that Peter Jennings is dead.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:03:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I really don't have a comment for the size of his estate. I just like to hear, again, that Peter Jennings is dead.

I never liked him either, in yet, I felt sad to hear he had passed away.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:13:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Heh.

I guess he's a normal, standard liberal rich guy.

He also left assets valued at $1 million to the Peter Jennings Foundation, a charity he founded in 1998 that gives money to fight homelessness, drug addiction, illiteracy and hunger.

If he felt so strongly about it, strong enough to start a foundation, why didn't he leave the bulk of it to that, and leave the 4th (!!!) wife $1mil, and his kids a mil each?

$50 million in assets...$1 mil goes to his charity, half to his 4th wife, the rest to his kids.

Yah...talk the talk, but don't walk the walk...way to go there, sport....

Sorry, just vaugly annoyed...
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:08:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Never liked him, but if there was someone who could have filled Bond's shoes it was him.

Sir, you just had your Man-card revoked.

Permanently.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:49:07 AM EDT
[#8]
If this is accurate, and he made $10 million per year before his pay cut (if there ultimately was one), I don't think $50 Million is all that much; at least not for him.  He invested his money just like the rest of us.    

Salary story

I found his politics and liberal bias repugnant, but I admire him for living the American dream and making good.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:07:57 AM EDT
[#9]
'4th wife' is the part I found interesting.

At what point does a person realize their lifestyle isnt compatible with commitment to another person? I'm not judging people that re-marry specifically, but if you are on your fourth wife, maybe its time realize that there are things in your life that you see as more important than the woman you married. Who knows, I didnt know the guy...could have been 3 crazy women....oh well.

Wasnt my money, I didnt know the guy, people die every day....his passing has had zero impact on me other than that I posted in this thread. (so really, if you think about it, I have a better post count now because the guy died....thanks Pete!)
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:09:14 AM EDT
[#10]

only if Dan Rather was the villain.

And Laurie Dhue could have been the Bond girl
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:37:19 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

only if Dan Rather was the villain.

And Laurie Dhue could have been the Bond girl

Dan Rather as Goldfinger....Laurie Dhue as Pussy Galore....

"Do you expect me to talk, Mr Rather?

"No, Mr Jennings...I expect you to die...."

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:38:18 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Only in America.. foreigner makes 50 million spouting the news to America telling Americans how bad they are.

There ya go.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:21:07 AM EDT
[#13]
I generally don't slam dead folks, but Rather Jennings pissed me off by forcing the removal of Toby Keith's song.

Guess Rather Jennings finally did get the 'boot in the ass.'

EDITED: thanks to ohiofarmer for the correction
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:22:34 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sir, you just had your Man-card revoked.

Permanently.

Molon labe. (come and get it)
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:41:34 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
damn!

abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=1174221

Unfortunately, the bulk of it is in "Camel Cash".
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:48:25 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
If this is accurate, and he made $10 million per year before his pay cut (if there ultimately was one), I don't think $50 Million is all that much; at least not for him.  He invested his money just like the rest of us.    

Salary story

I found his politics and liberal bias repugnant, but I admire him for living the American Canadian dream and making good.

Fixed it for you.

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:55:31 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Heh.

I guess he's a normal, standard liberal rich guy.

He also left assets valued at $1 million to the Peter Jennings Foundation, a charity he founded in 1998 that gives money to fight homelessness, drug addiction, illiteracy and hunger.

If he felt so strongly about it, strong enough to start a foundation, why didn't he leave the bulk of it to that, and leave the 4th (!!!) wife $1mil, and his kids a mil each?

$50 million in assets...$1 mil goes to his charity, half to his 4th wife, the rest to his kids.

Yah...talk the talk, but don't walk the walk...way to go there, sport....

Sorry, just vaugly annoyed...

So, what percentage of your assets go to charity? Giving what you can (or want) to thoseless fortunate is a good ting...even if it isn't  all of your estate.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:56:44 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

no dude, I don't.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:55:49 AM EDT
[#19]
[liberal asshat]Aren't rich people supposed to give all their inheritance to the government?[/liberal asshat]
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:30:21 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
[So, what percentage of your assets go to charity? Giving what you can (or want) to thoseless fortunate is a good ting...even if it isn't  all of your estate.

Absolutly none, but I also don't have my own charitable foundation.

I also don't attend fundraisers and other social events with the sole purpose of getting other people to give their money to a cause I support...and then leave a meager 1/50th of my wealth to it, when I die. It'd be one thing if his assets totaled like $200k and he left a grand. When he has enough to buy an island and leaves half to his 4th wife, $24.5m to each kid, and $1m to a charity he stumped for and got OTHER people to donate money to...well, that just doesn't sit well with me. It screams "do as I say, not as I do" to me.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:38:46 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I generally don't slam dead folks, but Rather pissed me off by forcing the removal of Toby Keith's song.

Guess Rather finally did get the 'boot in the ass.'

You have your news anchors mixed-up Backstop.  Rather is not dead.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:02:00 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I generally don't slam dead folks, but Rather pissed me off by forcing the removal of Toby Keith's song.

Guess Rather finally did get the 'boot in the ass.'

You have your news anchors mixed-up Backstop.  Rather is not dead.  

Oh yeah.  Thanks. Edited.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top