Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:17:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Not Airborne, don't wear the fucking beret.  Earn it or leave it at home.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:21:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Its "Ernie" from My Three Sons!

www.nostalgiacentral.com/images_tv/comedy/my3sons_678.JPG

CWO

Edited for accuracy.  Thanks Strats

That's it!  That's the one.  I have been trying to figure out who she/it looked like since this story first broke.

SM
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:47:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I dont understand why so many people are down on this woman. She's a scapegoat and this whole thing is the fault of the media.
What happened to those prisoners aint shit and who did it aint shit neither.

The fatc that idiots took pictures and it all got found out and pasted up for the world to see is the problem.

Whoever took the pics should be prosecuted for nothing more than stupidity.

Whoever did the deed should be quietly thanked and sent home.

The media should be tried for treason.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:52:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
She's uglyan ugly whore.

Fixed it for ya!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:55:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

But, please let me say this: I do thank her for her sacrifice and service to our country.

Yeah, she did function well as a sperm receiver for her fellow troopers.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:56:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
She's uglyan ugly whore.

Fixed it for ya!

You know, that's uncalled for.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:00:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
She's uglyan ugly whore.

Fixed it for ya!

Why? You think she's good looking?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:08:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
She's uglyan ugly whore.

Fixed it for ya!

She's an American soldier who's getting a raw deal. Whatever she did, she it did with full knowledge and if not orders, at least tacit approval from superiors. Superiors who were protected by plausible deniability. Now people like you feel free to kick her while she's down. What a man you are. How perfect you must be. I'd like to see someone expose your ugly little secrets for all the world to see.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:19:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
She's uglyan ugly whore.

Fixed it for ya!

No. But her looks don't enter into the opinion I have formed on what happened at Abu Graib as I understand the story.
I just happen to think she's a soldier being unfairly treated because she failed in a mission she was given and left to perform with no leadership. Leadership that abandonded her before, during and after the fact.
It's typical of the military in all countries, it happened to the Canadians in Somalia. Leave a bunch of soldiers with unclear/implied orders on their own and when shit happens abandon them to the wolves.
The fact she is unattractive or had sex with other soldiers is immaterial to the case.
Y'all laugh about combat jacks and hookers in the Phillipines and boom boom in RVN but no, Lyndy England is an ugly whore.
The tragedy here is not what happened at Abu Graib or what happened in the media, it's what happened to the soldiers left hanging out to dry afterwards.

Lyndy England is just a soldier, not a smart soldier, not a pretty/handsome soldier, but an unfortunate soldier. Placed in an an untenable situation by her superiors and when she failed she was abandoned by them.
If calling her names like whore and sperm bucket make you feel better well..good for you.

What the media did is another story.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:40:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Stupid bitch and her friends delivered the biggest propaganda coup possible to the insurgents and anti-war crowd.  It was gold for people who want to see the US mission in Iraq humilated, defeated, and declared morally bankrupt.  Why else do you think the NY Times ran front page stories about Abu Ghraib for 60 days straight?

The worst part of this is simply the fact that it was a propaganda coup for the anti-war crowd. How this benign behavior could be elevated to such heights of propaganda exposes the major weakness of the United States. We, as a country, don't have the guts to win wars anymore. We are the greatest ever at winning battles, but I doubt that we will win in Iraq or any future war. And Lynndie illustrates why.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:42:58 PM EDT
[#11]
What is interesting is that anyone would think she deserves any different then her cohorts. As an ex MP I am disgusted at the actions of these soldiers. While the brass got off easier then I would have liked, that was also due to the fact that the head of the unit had boobs also. I seriously doubt that a man would have gotton off so easily.

There is no excuse for behavior like this, and if CIA sanctioned, I doubt the CIA would have been so damn stupid as to let an idiot with a camera pop pictures with abandon. I have no doubt that GIs died due to these pics getting out. Remember the anger that was felt by GIs in WW2 when pics and POW camps were displayed showing  mistreated GIs? 1/2 of winning a war is psychological, thats why the russkies lost Afghanistan.

Remember, one takes an oath and is under the UCMJ when in, tits don't make a difference to me not should they to the court. She's just white trash that should never have been allowed in. Especially if she is somehow "retarded" or a bit slow. She certainly knew when to spread em for maximum sympathy effect, and could count to 9 also.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:46:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
up to 10 years . . . . I doubt she will recieve the maximum sentence - And where would she serve that ?
Depending on the state - she might get out even earlier

Irrelevant. It was a military trial. The state that she will be confined in has no say in any possible parole.

The jury of five male Army officers took about two hours to reach its verdict.

Why is this tidbit from the original article relevant?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:05:30 PM EDT
[#13]
The moral of the story is if you join the armed forces, you better be an officer.  Privates are going to get fucked...

...really "smart" thing to do recruitment wise...
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:12:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The moral of the story is if you join the armed forces, you better be an officer.  Privates are going to get fucked...

...really "smart" thing to do recruitment wise...

OR read the UCMJ, or don't have your picture taken multiple times by your dumb ass boyfriend doing stupid stuff that will get you into trouble.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:01:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But, please let me say this: I do thank her for her sacrifice and service to our country.

Yeah, she did function well as a sperm receiver for her fellow troopers.

You are correct sir. I am ashamed of myself for denigrating her. I guess on the battle front she would be a most valauble ass-ette!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:07:05 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm just going to +1 on most of you guys except Bob, who I disagree with, since I don't think being attractive has anything to do with being an effective soldier.

Those soldiers knew better, they did what they shouldn't be doing, and got caught.  In the military, though, there's supposed to be a responsible officer, and I didn't see one take the fall.  I'm sure something quiet in the background, someone's never going to get promoted again, but there should be at least as strong a conviction as the enlisted troops.  That's just how the Army works.

As far as the CIA, I call bullshit on that.  The CIA does not have operational authority over the military without some commander giving the OK.  Military Intelligence doesn't answer to the CIA, either.  Military Intelligence answers to DIA and NSA, both of which are DOD, while CIA ain't DOD.  Either way, there's no point in doing what they were doing from an intelligence perspective.  It's counterproductive.  Interrogation techniques are a lot more advanced than doggie collars, even in Iraq.

Someone in the chain of command either knew what was going on or was completely derelict in his/her duties, though.  We'll never know who that was.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:09:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Stupid bitch and her friends delivered the biggest propaganda coup possible to the insurgents and anti-war crowd.  It was gold for people who want to see the US mission in Iraq humilated, defeated, and declared morally bankrupt.  Why else do you think the NY Times ran front page stories about Abu Ghraib for 60 days straight?

The worst part of this is simply the fact that it was a propaganda coup for the anti-war crowd. How this benign behavior could be elevated to such heights of propaganda exposes the major weakness of the United States. We, as a country, don't have the guts to win wars anymore. We are the greatest ever at winning battles, but I doubt that we will win in Iraq or any future war. And Lynndie illustrates why.

Sorry. Wrong.

The US media delivered it.

The rest of your post is spot on.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:32:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Even worse than the ten years, I heard her picture will get removed from Walmart's "Wall of Honor" (she was supposedly a Walmart employee pre-Army)!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:37:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Who had sex with prisoners, her?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:11:08 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

She's an American soldier who's getting a raw deal. Whatever she did, she it did with full knowledge and if not orders, at least tacit approval from superiors. Superiors who were protected by plausible deniability.
No, she's not getting a "raw deal". She's getting her due for being stupid enough to be in multiple pictures while on her own power trip as a prison guard. She's reaping what she sowed, IMO.

Now people like you feel free to kick her while she's down.
"Kicking" her? Hardly. She's butt ugly & she got her own self in trouble. I had nothing to do with either.

What a man you are.
I stand up for my own mistakes, so yes, I guess I am a "man".

How perfect you must be.
No one is perfect, there's only "perfect fools".

I'd like to see someone expose your ugly little secrets for all the world to see.
As soon as I'm completely STUPID enough to have my picture taken doing whatever, feel free to post them, sir.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:13:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Remember, one takes an oath and is under the UCMJ when in, tits don't make a difference to me not should they to the court. She's just white trash that should never have been allowed in. Especially if she is somehow "retarded" or a bit slow. She certainly knew when to spread em for maximum sympathy effect, and could count to 9 also.

That would seem to sum it up nicely, sir.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:25:57 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
She committed no crime, but we allow the media hype to over escalate her actions. Since when do we care about terrorists feeling or ego's. I can assure you her actions were supervised and encouraged by the CIA. And yes it was a large blow to the U.S. forces reputation.

So I guessed you missed this part of the article

They also pointed to her statement to Army investigators in January 2004 that the mistreatment was done to amuse the U.S. guards at Abu Ghraib.

I have read her statement and it's pretty clear that they were doing it just to screw around.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:44:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Well now if we used our heads here we could have avoided the whole mess.  We didn't keep our prisoners around that long in Nam to abuse them. We would take them for a nice  ride in a Huey.  It went like this, you ask the first one  to talk and when he refused you throw his ass out  of the chopper.  You continue down the line asking and throwing the fuckers out until you get to the last one that tells you everything he knows. You then thank him for co0operating and walk him over to the door, shoot the fucker in the head and toss his ass out to join the other lawn darts. Yep worked real good. And NOT ONE ASSHAT TOOK FUCKING PICTURES!  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:30:27 AM EDT
[#24]
The only thing she did wrong was take pictures. You don't do that during interrogations!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:47:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By BobCole:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

Quoted:
She's uglyan ugly whore.

Fixed it for ya!

She's an American soldier who's getting a raw deal. Whatever she did, she it did with full knowledge and if not orders, at least tacit approval from superiors. Superiors who were protected by plausible deniability. Now people like you feel free to kick her while she's down. What a man you are. How perfect you must be. I'd like to see someone expose your ugly little secrets for all the world to see.

No excuse for these people, but it bothers me that no Officers got a Courts Martial from all of this.  The little people were left holding the bag.  The Army should be proud.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top