Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:08:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Enola Gay rights!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:14:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Enola Gay rights!

no seriously...
I am being asked this and cant come up with a good answer....
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:15:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Gays can be good for the local economy. They don't have kids, so they have a lot of disposable income.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:16:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh yeah, and their clubs have the best music.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:17:07 PM EDT
[#5]
::gets out the popcorn::

They affect everything by degrading our founding principles.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:17:33 PM EDT
[#6]
There is no such thing as Gay Rights, however, there is the Right to Pursue Happiness.

Hey, wha'da ya know Gay = Happy, hmmmm, maybe it realy is gay rights.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:18:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
question for y'all...

how do Gay rights affect the following:

Constitution

Population

the economy

political culture

They shouldn't.  Why should people who want to live perverse lifestyles get any "rights" for it?

Sugarcoating is not my style.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:20:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone who flaunts such a basic law of nature as the sanctity of the sexes should not be put in a position to make decisions (i.e. vote) that affect the nation. Yes, I understand it's a law of nature argument.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:22:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
question for y'all...

Constitution

Population

the economy

political culture

They shouldn't.  Why should people who want to live perverse lifestyles get any "rights" for it?

They shouldnt...because I think people should be people BUT...I know gays affect political culture because many politician will play towards what that sub population wants in order to get the vote....

Just like obama whats his name played toward the blacks for votes or the new LA mayor played toward the hispanics
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:22:41 PM EDT
[#10]
It should have no affect, but some people want special rights, while others would wish to completely strip them of any rights as if they were some sort of subhuman.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:22:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
question for y'all...

Constitution

Population

the economy

political culture

Last time I checked a person's "right" did not depend on whether or not another thought that there behavior was socially acceptable.  Otherwise our gun rights would be completely fucked, oh wait, they almost are.  

SBG
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:24:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Since when does having perverse behaviour guarantee any rights?

What's next? Rights for necrophiliacs and pedofiles?

Give me a break.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:25:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, one way it could have an effect is immigration benefits conferred via marriage.

And I think immigration benefits conferred via marriage should be for heterosexual couples only.

Why?  Because our society...any society is founded upon heterosexual couples.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:27:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Give me a break.

If you want to gay be that's your problem, don't expect me to accept it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:28:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Last time I checked a person's "right" did not depend on whether or not another thought that there behavior was socially acceptable.  Otherwise our gun rights would be completely fucked, oh wait, they almost are.  

SBG

We have the right to own guns.  They have the right to be gay.  As in you can't make it illegal to be gay and then enforce it.  But the "rights" they want are special considerations for their way of life.  Take gays in the military.  Ok, but to me that's like having People Who Fuck their Sisters in the military.  Either way it is wrong.  If they want to cornhole each other in the privacy of their own homes, fine.  

If you think they are just "normal" EXCEPT they like their own sex, then fine.  But ask yourself this.  Would you let some smart, successful, "normal" gay man babysit your kids?  And they want RIGHTS for being perverts.

Your logic sucks.

Gun rights are good.

Being gay is perverse.  Enough said already.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:30:17 PM EDT
[#16]
First off let me start off by saying I do not agree with homosexuality, I believe it is wrong. God is the final judge of mankind, I leave it up to him when they hit the pearly gates.

The Government should have nothign to do with what two legal law abiding adults do in their own bedroom. Gay, straights whatever should not expect special rights above any other person. I don't go around flaunting my heterosexuality neither should homosexuals. Keep it to your fucking self! They should have the same basic rights as everyone else. The Federal Government should not step into this, if the State's want to fine. But not the Feds.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:30:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Maybe there will be "interracial rights" soon where interracial couple get special privileges (and we're really talking about privileges here, not rights) over an above what same-race, heterosexual couples have.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:31:11 PM EDT
[#18]
What you do in the privacy of your own home is none of my business.

but to ask for special considerations is wrong.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:31:49 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
question for y'all...

Constitution

Population

the economy

political culture

Sugarcoating is not my style.

i think the "gay" part is thrown in there to make someone think off the real question.  IMO
I think you can substitute gay with....gun owner....hispanic or any other sub culture/sub group that affects politics in this country....
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:32:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Give me a break.

First, I am not saying that homosexual behavior confers any additional or special right upon an individual.  I am not arguing that sexual preference requires the application of increased judicial scrutiny when determining the constitutionality of a state action.  However, I believe that every homosexual person possesses the same rights that are guaranteed to you and me under the Constitution. No more, no less.

As for your second point, please put the straw man away, he is quite tired.  

SBG
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:33:09 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Your logic sucks.

Gun rights are good.

Being gay is perverse.  Enough said already.

lol.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:33:55 PM EDT
[#22]
I love the jump that is always made when gays come into the equation.

Gays = Necrophiliacs, Pedophiles, and Rapists.

Whereas is one is questionable whether or not you approve (gays)

and the others are illegall.

As soon as someone uses the rights for gays = rights for child-rapers argument I stop listening.

There are many arguments to use, but that one is just stupid.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:36:12 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Maybe there will be "interracial rights" soon where interracial couple get special privileges (and we're really talking about privileges here, not rights) over an above what same-race, heterosexual couples have.

I agree that "special rights" should be withheld, however what some of the gay marriage advocates are arguing for is rights like executor of thier estate, and medical care rights etc... if we were to give gay couples those rights, we are giving them the same rights that hetero couples have.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:36:22 PM EDT
[#24]

They should have the right to psychological treatment just like all other people with mental problems.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:39:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Is this regarding a test question or a conversation at work?  The answers will differ depending on the context you are contemplating.

R.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:39:27 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I love the jump that is always made when gays come into the equation.

Gays = Necrophiliacs, Pedophiles, and Rapists.

Whereas is one is questionable whether or not you approve (gays)

and the others are illegall.

As soon as someone uses the rights for gays = rights for child-rapers argument I stop listening.

There are many arguments to use, but that one is just stupid.

Media brainwashed I see.  Gays= whimsical sitcom stars!  They are funny!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:42:39 PM EDT
[#27]
There's no such thing as "gay rights"

We all have rights, whether or not you're gay has no bearing on them.

Anyone who infringes on the rights of others is a criminal, that's what crime is.

What you really want to know is if gays should receive the same privileges as straights from the state.

Most privileges are derived from the infringement of anothers rights, so they're all equally criminal.

There's no rational reason to deny rights or privileges based on a consentual act between two adults, gay or straight.

If you believe a behavior which doesn't infringe on anyones natural rights is damaging to the society, then there are many ways to discourage that behavior, FORCE OF LAW isn't one of them.

What "special rights" are we talking about?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:45:53 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
question for y'all...

ConstitutionMainly civil issues such as rights of family in medical decisions, re-interpritation of marriage/civil union.  Adoption? Put simply most just want their union to be recognized legally so they are entitled to rights of the married under law

PopulationHow do you mean?  What are you leading to?

the economyWe are a capitolist country, they are both consumer and seller same as anyone else.  That said where are you leading?  Thier niche in the overall market?

political cultureOn the slim chance you missed it almost all gays are dims, it is in their best interests to be. This issue only seems to affect the GOP, kind of like gunowners and Republicans, what can you do run to the Dims for help?  Positive or negative depends on your beliefs and more importantly the religous right's hijack of the party makes it almost totally negative.   Most "Christians" think they are evil abominations, the fact is they exist and are not going away just form your opinion and deal with it

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:47:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Wait a minute... Two guys giving each other a sausage colonoscopy is consentual. Jethro digging up Grandma for Sex Ed or trying to give Fido a sore behind is not. Big difference.

Besides, we ought to be encouraging loving consensual relationships, even if some of y'all's sphincter muscles start to spasm with anxiety at the thought of allowing gay couples to have the same legal rights as heteros, just because you're afraid you might end up liking the idea of someone taking their bore snake to your lower receiver.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:49:10 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Wait a minute... Two guys giving each other a sausage colonoscopy is consentual. Jethro digging up Grandma for Sex Ed or trying to give Fido a sore behind is not. Big difference.

Besides, we ought to be encouraging loving consensual relationships, even if some of y'all's sphincter muscles start to spasm with anxiety at the thought of allowing gay couples to have the same legal rights as heteros, just because you're afraid you might end up liking the idea of someone taking their bore snake to your lower receiver.

So a man should be able to confer immigration benefits to another man if they get married?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:51:15 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
They should have the right to psychological treatment just like all other people with mental problems.

Please don't recommend yours because they obviously are doing a poor job on you.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:51:56 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Is this regarding a test question or a conversation at work?  The answers will differ depending on the context you are contemplating.

R.

Neither... its a small portion for a friend doing an essay. He is stuck at this point and needing a breakthrough of ideas. Being that he doesnt care about this subject he is lost and looking for some sort of input.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:54:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Homosexuality has been socially unaccepted and unnatural for a million years.  Why should they get special treatment just because they got brave enough to come out of the closet?

"normal acting" gay people do not bother me as long as they leave me alone, but i still don't think they should get any special rights.  I most definitely don't think they should be able to adopt kids.  A couple months ago, i saw a gay couple (guys) in the mall with a baby that was wearing the same gay bling liberace sunglasses that they were wearing.  Made me sick.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:55:37 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
question for y'all...

Constitution

Population

the economy

political culture

God goes through great lengths in many places in the Bible to make it clear that homosexuality is an abomination, and deals with it accordingly.  This filth of mind, soul, and body is destroying themoral fiber of America, which effects ALL categories.  I know that's not much help, but it is the Truth.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:57:31 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Homosexuality has been socially unaccepted and unnatural for a million years.  Why should they get special treatment just because they got brave enough to come out of the closet?

Rome?  Greece?

SBG

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:01:02 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please don't recommend yours because they obviously are doing a poor job on you.

What dont you get?

Being attracted to and wanting to breed with the opposite sex means something is not working correctly in your head.

We are designed to like the opposite sex for a reason. Breeding. We breed so that we can multiply and survive as a species.  Something has went wrong with the way these people think. They need help. The problem is its so wide spread these days that it almost seems normal.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:02:14 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

R.

Neither... its a small portion for a friend doing an essay. He is stuck at this point and needing a breakthrough of ideas. Being that he doesnt care about this subject he is lost and looking for some sort of input.

Thank you.  

The problem is that providing special rights to gays confers a special status on a group that has none of the characteristics of groups that have traditionally been identified as being a "protected class."  Being a woman, old, black, disabled, etc. is easily identifiable.  By seeking and receiving special rights for gays, there are two problems.  First, anyone can claim they are a member of the group without any hesitation to receive special treatment.  Second, it opens the doors for other groups to seek special treatment (i.e. like Democrats and other stupid people).  The net result is that the value of being in a protected class is now devalued by society and government because anyone can make a relatively legitimate claim to that status at a moments notice.  If everyone everywhere is in a protected class, then people who are in legitimate protected classes loose their position or rights (whatever you want to call that).

I'll stop there so this doesn't become a treatis, but I think it will give your friend some place to go on an essay.

R.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:02:57 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rome?  Greece?

SBG

The greatest general arguably of all time was a flaming homo  and many historians speculate a horse molester.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:03:22 PM EDT
[#39]
concerning gay rights, they have the right to defend their rights.

If you're gay and you don't know how to defend yourself, or don't have weapons to defend yourself, then you're just asking for trouble. Gays are MUCH more likely to be victims of violence thanks to bigots and close minded idiots

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:05:08 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Such as?  How do you go from gay rights to interracial privileges?

As others have said, there are no such thing as gay rights.  You are granted certain rights regardless of your orientation.  The big problem with most gay people is that they possess some need to proclaim their sexual orientation, either aloud by admitting it verbally, or by intentionally standing out.  Examples of this are:

1) Rainbow flags: You'll see them on cars, purses, jackets, etc., which effectively let anyone who sees them know which way they swing.  

2) Altered voice/mannerisms in men: This is not really a fact, more of an observation, but I have noticed the behavior of a few individuals I knew before and after they came out of the closet.  Before, they would speak normally, in their regular man voice, and show no overt signs of femininity.  Afterwards, their voices became higher, and they would use more flailing of their arms to make gestures.  This is excluding everything else that typically makes a gay man more feminine, such as clothing, gear, perfume, etc. Changes in women are less apparent in behavior than they are in appearance.

Straight people don't need to go around and proclaim that they are straight.  Maybe because this is normal by a naturalistic perspective, and because we are a little more secure about our orientation than gay people, I don't know.  I just don't see why gays can't just keep that to themselves.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:06:28 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I dont think it is meant as in reproduction ...I think it is meant population as a body of people

as in how does the idea of gay rights affect the population? or the people of the united states?

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:06:29 PM EDT
[#42]
TO MrsDrFrige.

Just disregard any post where god or the bible is mentioned more than once and I suspect you will find more substance.  Their actually is intelligent thought in the Psychological aspects, by that I mean Nature Vs. Nurture.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:09:16 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

R.

Thank you.  

The problem is that providing special rights to gays confers a special status on a group that has none of the characteristics of groups that have traditionally been identified as being a "protected class."  Being a woman, old, black, disabled, etc. is easily identifiable.  By seeking and receiving special rights for gays, there are two problems.  First, anyone can claim they are a member of the group without any hesitation to receive special treatment.  Second, it opens the doors for other groups to seek special treatment (i.e. like Democrats and other stupid people).  The net result is that the value of being in a protected class is now devalued by society and government because anyone can make a relatively legitimate claim to that status at a moments notice.  If everyone everywhere is in a protected class, then people who are in legitimate protected classes loose their position or rights (whatever you want to call that).

I'll stop there so this doesn't become a treatis, but I think it will give your friend some place to go on an essay.

R.

Thanks!
That should give him a great lead.

As for me...well I personally enjoy reading the Intellegent thoughts of others......so carry on
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:10:25 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
TO MrsDrFrige.

Just disregard any post where god or the bible is mentioned more than once and I suspect you will find more substance.  Their actually is intelligent thought in the Psychological aspects, by that I mean Nature Vs. Nurture.

God and the Bible is the main Substance.  If you believe nothing else, you atleast HAVE to recognize the moral and ethical fiber derived from the bible from the genuises of our time such as, oh, our forefathers...
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:11:47 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Such as?  How do you go from gay rights to interracial privileges?

As others have said, there are no such thing as gay rights.  You are granted certain rights regardless of your orientation.  The big problem with most gay people is that they possess some need to proclaim their sexual orientation, either aloud by admitting it verbally, or by intentionally standing out.  Examples of this are:

1) Rainbow flags: You'll see them on cars, purses, jackets, etc., which effectively let anyone who sees them know which way they swing.  

2) Altered voice/mannerisms in men: This is not really a fact, more of an observation, but I have noticed the behavior of a few individuals I knew before and after they came out of the closet.  Before, they would speak normally, in their regular man voice, and show no overt signs of femininity.  Afterwards, their voices became higher, and they would use more flailing of their arms to make gestures.  This is excluding everything else that typically makes a gay man more feminine, such as clothing, gear, perfume, etc. Changes in women are less apparent in behavior than they are in appearance.

Straight people don't need to go around and proclaim that they are straight.  Maybe because this is normal by a naturalistic perspective, and because we are a little more secure about our orientation than gay people, I don't know.  I just don't see why gays can't just keep that to themselves.

Well, really the point I'm making is that we're talking about privilege for a certain special interest group not rights.
And I don't think special interest groups generally deserve any special privileges.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:12:16 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont think it is meant as in reproduction ...I think it is meant population as a body of people

as in how does the idea of gay rights affect the population? or the people of the united states?

I think it is ultimately up to the individual, whom already has his beliefs in place and allows himself an open mind or not towards the issue.  As an overall I thnk most "rational" people do not have a problem with equal rights under the law they just don't like "MARRIAGE" as the term used for it.  Marriage as it is recognized by the Gov. is very different then marriage recognized by a church.  People fail to seperate the two, thus the problem.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:14:40 PM EDT
[#47]
- Check.  

to watch the train wreck - Check.  

Computer tuned into AR15.com - Check.  

OK, continue.  

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:14:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:16:58 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/Colt_SBR/Smileys_A-Z/Smileys_P-Q-R/popcorn.gif - Check.  

Time to watch the train wreck - Check.  

Computer tuned into AR15.com - Check.  

OK, continue.  

wouldnt it be cool if a conversation could just be that?  an intellegent exchange of thought?

Unfortunately I know this has a high chance of going south and not being that....but until then...i will enjoy the exchange of thought
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:17:11 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
TO MrsDrFrige.

God and the Bible is the main Substance.  If you believe nothing else, you atleast HAVE to recognize the moral and ethical fiber derived from the bible from the genuises of our time such as, oh, our forefathers...

Read the first ammendment.  Ethics and morality are good, religion divides our forefathers knew this.  The constitution should not be used as a pulpit for religous bigeotry.  Furthermore elaborate on how civil unions erode our culture anymore than religion does?  I am not talking shit to you I am actually wanting to hear you explain it.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top